PDA

View Full Version : December Trip to remember Day 5 & 6

FRANKTASMIC
04-09-2009, 12:06 PM
Day 5 was another non-Disney day but let me tell you how fun it was. We decided to drive to Hollywood and Beverly Hills and check out the sites. My daughter wants to attend UCLA so we went to the campus and walked around for awhile. WOW it's big! After that we drove around Beverly Hills, got a map of the stars houses and checked a few out and then went to Hollywood blvd. Can you say Scary!!! My kids couldn't wait to get out of there. My wife had tickets to the Bonnie Hunt show for taping a 6pm. While standing in line we found out that Bonnie was giving out Holiday gifts to her audience during Dec. Were told that the staff of the show had sent out an email the day before stating that you will be recieving a gift that was 21x36x20. First thought TV. Nope! We were moved to the staging area when her staff came around and ask people if they wanted to participate on the show. Well the lady next to me said she would and then slapped me on the knee and said, so will he. What could I do now. We were going to do Holiday Sing it or Wing it. Bonnie comes around picks a person and the band plays a song. If you know the words you sing them if you don't you make them up. My song was Winter Wonderland and I nailed it. We won a George Forman Deep Fryer. Next she had a guy on that was showing off the hottest toys for Christmas. As he brought stuff out Bonnie would say "the audience is all getting one of these. Heres the rundown. Elmo Live, Wii Cheer game, and the final prize was Kota the walking triceratops. Each person in my family got one each, thats 4 huge dinasours. The rules are you have to take them that night or leave them. We have a small SUV and let me tell you we packed them in. My son rode back to DL on my wives lap, and you couldn't see my daughter in the back seat. We made it back to hotel and had to rent a trailer to get all this stuff home. We ended up giving some of the stuff away to cousins and friends and sold some of it for reduced prices. My kids had no need for a riding dinasour. Thanks Bonnie you paid for half of my trip. Hard to believe that we could have a great day without Disney but we did. Day 6 was our last day in DL (bigger crowds) . We had planned to hit things we hadn't done yet. So we hit all the rides in Fanatsyland, ate at the RiverBelle terrace. Love those Mickey mouse pancakes:mickey: and then went over to CA to ride Toy Story maina. Cool ride, enjoyed it alot. We then rode the tower of terror and were about to get on Scream'n when my wife got a call from the Show "Til Death". They had tickets for her if she wanted them. She is not as huge of Disney fan that I am so she said she was going to go. This is when I finally got to see the park the way I wanted to. Since she had to go back to the hotel I said I would walk with her. The kid were so excited becasue we turned them loose, to do what ever they wanted. Both of them have cell phones so I wasn't worried about losing them. I gave them some money and sent them on there way. After my wife left I walked back to the park and toured it they way I wanted. I walked through each land and took way too many pictures. I wanted capture the magic so that I could relive it over and over. I went and watched Billy Hill which I had never done because of time, walked around New Orleans square and took my time taking it in. I called my kids and they were having a lot of fun. I then went and watch the Christmas parade which I have seen many times but still enjoy. After that I met up with kids at Big Thunder Ranch and they made Christmas cookies. It was getting dark and I was determind to watch the fireworks standing right in front of the castle. I've seen the "Believe the Holiday Magic" many times from Main Street, the hub and by the New Orleans Square, but never up front. It was about 6:30 and the fireworks were schedule for 8:30. Yes thats a long time to wait but I always wanted to see them from there and if you don't go early...forget it. Well the curb was empty when I set up. I had rode all the rides that I needed so I set the kids free again and held the spot. I wasn't the only one with this idea. Within a half an hour I had people all around me. I had left enough room for my family, but people still tried to come in and set up. My wife had called and said the taping of the show was over and that she was coming back. She got lost on the way back, but I was able to get her going the right way. Unfortunatly she wouldn't be back in time for the fireworks, and she was tired so she went back to the hotel. With about 30 minutes before the show the kids returned, we talked with a family that were annual passort holders, which made the time pass. When the show started, everyone stood up. Lucky for us we were sitting on the curb so we were above everyone in the street and we could see everything clearly. Believe is my favorie firework show and I hugged my kids as it was going on. The castle looked awesome and the fireworks were great and so was the snow. I know it was a long time to wait, but SOOOOOOOOO worth it. We hit a few more rides did some shopping and turned and said goodbye to Disneyland:(. The trip was great, my kids had a good time and I have many memories of one of greatest places in the world. If you get a chance to go I would recommend going the first week in Dec. the crowds are small except for Friday, the decorations are great and the park is alive. I will never forget this trip and will return soon. My daughter is already working on me for this year. With the Celebration that's happening, she has come up with the idea that we could go for our birthdays since mine and hers are on the 19th and 20th of October. Boy she's good. I'll let you know....

tinkwest
04-09-2009, 11:16 PM
Fireworks and snow. Perfect ending to your trip.

maizey05
04-10-2009, 03:16 AM
What a nice dad you are! Sounds like a great time for a funloving family!

DisneyLandMomma
04-11-2009, 03:36 PM
Thanks for sharing. It really sounds like you had a great time!!

Wall-e
04-15-2009, 11:41 AM
Thanks for taking the time to post a trip report. We will be going the first week in December this year, your report has me even more excited! Did you get to experience the snow in front of the castle or it further back on Main Street?

pdrlkr
04-26-2009, 08:26 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: