PDA

View Full Version : non Disney dinner shows

PETE FROM NYC
04-09-2009, 11:39 AM
Looking for opinions and suggestions on the various off property dinner shows.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-09-2009, 09:54 PM
A friend on mine did the Arabian Nights last week and enjoyed it. They actually got free tix by going to a time share presentation at Orange Lake Resorts.

JPL
04-09-2009, 11:05 PM
Haven't heard many good things about the off property dinner shows. Every time I hear anything term like tourist trap often come up. A few friends went to a pirate show not too long ago and said the food was disgusting borderline unedible and the show was lame.

TheRustyScupper
04-10-2009, 08:48 AM
As locals, our preference, in order:

1) Medieval Times
2) Sleuth Mystery Dinner
3) Arabian Nights

Ksmith75
04-10-2009, 10:16 AM
We went to the Pirate show in 2007 and 2008. We really liked it in 2007 - even though it was an expensive night (and our pirate fell and broke his leg). We went again last year, it was ok, but expensive if you buy drinks before the show - $8.00 for a beer and $12 or so for a daquri. We are not going this year...we had fun the last 2 years - but after 2 years - it isnt fun to watch anymore...Havent tried any of the others....

PETE FROM NYC
04-11-2009, 12:59 PM
Thanks for the replies.
Back in the 80s,we did Medieval Times.Then both the show and the food were half way decent,but I was uncomfortable with the seating.DW and I are both BIG.
Also did the now gone Fort Liberty,over rated food,lame show.
Just wondering about the others.

luvDaMouse
04-11-2009, 01:45 PM
Not a Dinner show, but my husband and I saw Blue Man group at City Walk in universal and had an amazing dinner at Emerial's place. But being from NYC you might have seen that show already?:mickey:

mainemajor
04-21-2009, 05:36 PM
Our family did Midieval Times a few years ago and loved it. One of my sons liked the idea of not having silverware to use - you know how boys can be. The show was predictable, but a lot of fun anyway. They still have their red knight flags.