PDA

View Full Version : Yak and Yeti vs. Nine Dragons

Leighler
04-09-2009, 11:35 AM
I had my mind made up that I was going to eat at Yak and Yeti b/c people seem to love it. One of my friends (who has never been to Y&Y) is trying to convince me to eat at Nine Dragons instead. Has anyone eaten at both? She says Y&Y is like an expensive americanized Chinese restaurant where as Nine Dragons is one of the best meals she has eaten at WDW and is more authentic Chinese food. I'm not necessarily looking for authentic...just whichever is a better meal- or should I plan to do both. Opinions!! :confused:

5 Mousekteers
04-09-2009, 12:25 PM
We have eaten at both, and if that is an option go for it.
We tried the Yak & Yeti on our last trip this past August. It wasn't getting rave reviews at that time. We found to our surprise that we really liked it. We would definately do it again. There was something on the menu for everyone, even my one son who is a picky eater. The food was good and the atmosphere nice. Plan on stopping there this August.

cal5755
04-09-2009, 01:26 PM
We ate at the Nine Dragons in 2007 and we weren't all that impressed. Then we got our ADR's for the Yak and Yeti for our 2008 trip. We got there and did'nt know what to expect. The food was better at the Yak and Yeti. It has a better menu selection than the Nine Dragons. You can get Szechuan,Cantonese and Thai food. Don't get us wrong, the food at Nine Dragons was good, but we felt a little disappointed because we heard nothing but rave reviews. Maybe not having the expectations we had at Yak and Yeti made our experience more appealing.

tinkerted
04-09-2009, 02:12 PM
i would choose nine dragons because i don't like the food at y & y but it's to you:blush:

AHOTE
04-09-2009, 02:20 PM
We ate at both this past November and IF I had to choose one over the other I would go to the Yak & Yeti. I wasn't impressed with the food or service at Nine Dragons. If you want Chinese go to their CS area, it's actually better food. You will not be disapointed at the Yak & Yeti.

Leighler
04-09-2009, 03:21 PM
good call about the CS in China instead! That is totally what I'll do. Thanks for the input.

ElenitaB
04-09-2009, 10:58 PM
I was invited by some dear friends to Nine Dragons this past December and after two hideous experiences at Lotus Blossom (China's CS) I was hesitant. Well, no need for hesitation at all. As I live in the Northeast I have ample opportunity to eat excellent, well-prepared and authentic Chinese food on a regular basis. I was not disappointed at all by Nine Dragons: excellent service, very good food (I had the noodle sampler and it was something I would definitely order again). I cannot say the same for Lotus Blossom (unless you have a stomach of iron... they're two for two at getting both me and DS sick and the second time all we had were appetizers).

I'm wondering if the negative Nine Dragon reviews were from before or after their recent rehab.

Haven't been to Y&Y yet, but I've heard from some discriminating friends that they enjoyed it very much.

Crow
04-10-2009, 11:51 PM
went to Y&Y last yr & liked it a lot.
ive eaten at Lotus Blossom & it wasnt bad.
lookin forward to going to Nine Dragons again; it was closed for rehab on my last trip so I want to see how it is.

Hull-onian
04-11-2009, 09:05 AM
We are going to Yak and Yeti for the first time in Animal Kingdom Park. I am so looking forward to it. I love the whole Asian feel in that part of the park. The themeing is wonderful, and I think Yak and Yeti is a nice addition, even though I have never had the opportunity to eat there in the past. Everyone's reviews have been good.:thumbsup:

LudwigVonDrake
04-11-2009, 10:42 AM
I haven't eaten at Yak and Yeti but I can tell you that I wasn't impressed with Nine Dragons. I can get local chinese food that is 1000 times better. I hoping to get to Y & Y in July :eat:

Daddy Mouse
04-11-2009, 12:09 PM
A Chinese Restaurant without a buffet can't be trusted. :funny::funny: I really haven't eaten at either of these, so we are looking to try both when we are there.

badkitty
04-13-2009, 06:20 PM
The Yak & Yeti isn't just Chinese food. Far from it. I have pretty much worked my way through the menu and have enjoyed it all. If I have a complaint, it is that they cook the fish a little too much.