PDA

View Full Version : I can't be the only one...

ransam
04-09-2009, 10:40 AM
I have to admit...I am a 45 year old, single, male and I am a totaly Disney fanatic. Is there anyone out there like me? I know most of you are married, w/ children, etc...but I'm not. never have been married.
but i love disneyworld, Disney movies, reading about Walt, the whold Disney experience, and it is an experience. it's a feeling... I still get chills seeing the castle for the first time on a given trip. I love walking up main street and stopping off to get a cookie. I love the smell of disney and the sounds. I love splash mountain and riding the peter pan ride for the 500th time. I like to eat at the Pinochio (sp) resturant and watch the people from small world start their ride. I love the song Small world. I love pulling up to Epcot and seeing planet earth, and then walking through the bricks and under the ball. I love Imagination and figment, I love Soarin' and dangling my feet on that ride. I love to watch the Lion King movie in the land pavilion, I love mission Space. I love going to Hollywood studios and turning right and going toward the tower and RNR coaster. I lvoe the beauty and beast show, I love fantasmic. and eating at the brown derby. I love osborne lights, and the toy ride. I love the safari at animal kingdom, and eating at the tusker house. I love everest. and the nemo ride. and the parades...don't get me started....i love walking around the countries at Epcot. And leaving Magic Kingdom and night and seeing all the tired,but happy faces as they leave. I love to do my last minutes shopping while the park is closed. I love getting to my resort and my feet are so tired, and i'm exhausted, but so excited to do it again tomorrow. I love the first night, at the resort, knowing what lays in store for me when i wake up. i still love seeing Disney comercials. I love sitting at home and watching an old Disney movie for the 100th time... when work *****, and i'm behind, I will put on disney music and hit shuffle and it picks me right up. I have pictures all over my office. I have a shelf at home w/ nothing but Disney memories, books, mouse ears, etc....
it still makes me smile looking at pictures of past vacations. I love planning my next one, i love helping my friends and their families plan theres....
Please tell me i'm not the only one!!!!!

Lynn J Mc
04-09-2009, 11:05 AM
I know the perfect woman for you!

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-09-2009, 11:07 AM
Of course you're not the only one...you don't have to be married to love the Mouse/BTW, I do have a son, but I would take a solo trip in a heartbeat if he didn't want to go:mickey:

WishingStar2006
04-09-2009, 11:13 AM
You are not alone. My sons are now grown and in college but I recently did a solo trip and had the time of my life...although I didn't realize I had the ability to strike up a conversation with just about anyone until that trip.

My office is also all decked out in Mickey gear, I have a Mickey kitchen at home and wear Mickey and WDW shirts to work on most days (thanks goodness we have casaul attire in the governement office).

I don't think there is anything wrong with your love of WDW and you should continue in your joy without any hesitation!

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-09-2009, 11:25 AM
I think it is great, Disney isn't supposed to be just for families or just for kids.

My DH and I were both Disney fans when we met, of course, we've made each other bigger fans...but I would be one without him!

Enjoy your trips...and I agree, Disney music can make the worst day seem better :mickey:

vicster
04-09-2009, 11:28 AM
Our kids are now grown so we get to go with no kids now! You're not alone!

GrumpyFan
04-09-2009, 11:42 AM
Do you really have to ask such a question? Here? On Intercot? Seriously?!?!

All or pretty much most of us here are very similar in some way or another. We're all Disney fanatics.

No, you're DEFINITELY not the only one.

sgdisney
04-09-2009, 11:56 AM
Just face the facts....you are one of the lucky ones that was born with the Disney gene. Some people have it, some don't. I'm just glad I've got it, cause it sure does make life more fun!

PlutoPlanet
04-09-2009, 12:03 PM
Nom you are not the only one. We are an over the top Disney family because we love the customer service. Facilities are so clean. Even having lunch there is like a vacation.

AdventurerKim
04-09-2009, 12:16 PM
I got my DH hooked on WDW the first time I took him while we were dating. We love it and go as often as we can! We always go with adults and no kids and always have a blast! Although, without AC and CW in PI, that has made our nighttime activities difficult.

Disney music is definitely a pick-me-up anytime! I put it on in my car on my way to or from work when I need so happiness. I have a Disney tear-away calendar on my desk, and I traced a mouse hat postcard and put that above my name plate on my door. I use Disney stamps on my students' papers and have my iGoogle page with the Disney theme, Walt quote of the day, Disney news, etc... I can't get enough Disney! :mickey:

Diz-Knee
04-09-2009, 01:30 PM
You're not alone...I'm not a 45 year old single male, but I understand your love of all things Disney - particularly WDW!

I took my first trip as a twenty-something adult in 1995 with my DH and his family. I was hooked and obsessed after that trip! There was a time that I literally thought nobody could love WDW as much as I did. Then with the popularity of the internet I learned that there were certainly folks who have as much of a love if not MORE than me! :) I like what the PP stated about having the Disney gene...that is what I am going to share with my friends/family who ask me "You're going again? Didn't you just get back from WDW?"

I've also got my DH's family hooked on going annually too! They would go every 5 years or so but they were blessed with the Disney gene too. And my 3 year old DS inherited it. He thinks every kid goes to WDW as often as he does! :blush: He'll ask kids "What's your favorite ride at WDW?" as a conversation starter. I digress....

Marilyn Michetti
04-09-2009, 01:58 PM
Well,,,,,,,,I'm a 65 y.o. - married for 39 years, and would do ANYTHING to go alone to the World. My DH is my nurse, and "talks" excited, but he really just sits and waits for me to ride.

We were in DLR last week for my birthday, and ended up coming home early due to a mistake I made on our plane reservations. That hopper with one day left on it (for five more days), is burning a hole in my pocket. I'd like to induce a two day coma on DH and go back to Calif. to use that last day.:D

ASweetLov
04-09-2009, 02:04 PM
I absolutely LOVE everything about Disney!!!! So you are not the only one. I am 25 and only had the chance to go to WDW when I was 22 for the first time. My parents never believed in taking my sister and I to WDW as kids, so we were always :( because of that. I was always a huge fan of Disney and now that I have experienced a WDW vacation I am a complete fanatic :D

AHOTE
04-09-2009, 02:06 PM
Alone? Not by a long shot. I'm a little older than you and most of my friends know me as the "go to" man for Disney. I fell in love with the WDW the first time I set foot in the MK back in 1971 and I've been there at least once a year ever since. I've been out of work now for 20 months so this year I'll miss it, such is life. I have learned to limit what Disney I collect otherwise it would soon over run the place. I make periodic purges with sales on Ebay, that way I can collect more. I have Disney CD's in the car, photos and lithographs on the walls and assorted other momentos around the house. My Myspace and Facebook pages are full of Disney vacation photos. PM me if you want a look. I find that there is never a shortage of friends, single or married who are willing to join me on a trip to WDW. I've gone with as many as 40 at one time and solo on others. Finally in 2010 I'll have all my entire family along for a group vacation. Many of them have never been to WDW so it will add to the adventure. Glad to know I'm not the only one either! :secret:

elmjimmlm
04-09-2009, 02:28 PM
We are too...Even though we have 3 kids, we are already talking about when they get older and move out where we would like to stay and eat when we go kid-less:mickey:We will be able to afford to stay deluxe by then...

Stu29573
04-09-2009, 02:51 PM
I'm 46, recently married and going for my honeymoon mid June (without my 19 year old daughter....which I feel a little guilty about....but it IS my honeymoon...) Anyway, nope, you're not alone.

Insanity Clause
04-09-2009, 04:11 PM
You are definately not alone. I am married with kids and everything but when I met my husband he was a Disney nut and I hadn't a clue what all this fuss could possibly be about. I refused to go for our honeymoon, I kept nah saying it and then I gave in and now you can't get me back there fast enough!!!

Mistli78
04-09-2009, 04:14 PM
Yeah, I get the same comments from people about "you're going again" too. I just love Disney!! It's just such a happy place, just being there & walking around in that atmosphere. I'm so glad we are not alone,....we are so lucky!!

maizey05
04-09-2009, 04:25 PM
Yes! I can relate! WDW/DL, is pretty much the only place I vacation every year. I was lucky enough to have lived an hour from DL, for about 2 years, a few years ago. If I've had a really stressful day and am having trouble going to sleep, I picture myself walking down mainstreet usa, and surprisingly, I usually fall asleep quickly. WHen I'm not actually on a Disney vacation, I'm planning one. It gives me something to look forward to. I just wish there was some kind of retro DIsney channel, that played MMC, old cartoons, old movies etc. I miss those! I think there's nothing wrong with adults loving all things Disney. There are few times in our "big kid" life, where we get throw all our cares to the wind, and look at life with the wonder of a child. Disney keeps that alive! 2 years ago, DH and I were blessed with a little boy. (Didn't think we would ever be parents.) Last year was his first time in DL, and we're planning to go back in Sept. His room is decorated in vintage Disney, his favorite movie is Dumbo, and he watched Playhouse Disney every morning. He even sleeps with 4 different DIsney character stuffed animals. We listen to Disney CD's in the car. Last week, during a car trip, DH said, "you don't have to keep playing that CD for him. Why don't you listen to what you want to?" "This IS what I want to listen to", I snapped at him. Bottom line, no matter who you are....married, single, 4 yrs. old, 30, 110, Disney is for us ALL to enjoy!

civilmousefan
04-09-2009, 06:05 PM
Of course you are not the only one. I am slightly older than you, but I loved Disney since my first visit about to WDW one month after they opened. At that point I was in High School. I told myself that after graduation, I would make my way back to Florida and try to make my living there. These plans were then forgotten. I graduated, met a girl, got married and still living in my home town. No regrets though! It wasn't until I returned to WDW with my own family, I remembered my plan to move to Florida. The same feeling came to me when I stepped onto Main Street USA as when I had my first visit. Now many years later, I am once again planning on living in Florida - only in retirement. My office is clutterred with Disney items and a framed copy of an original Celebration Florida brochure hangs on the wall. My car plays only Disney CD's and I have a room at home that displays/stores all my Disney items. I know that many of my friends and relatives don't understand this, but I don't care. I enjoy the feeling I get when I think about being at WDW, reading about Disney, and watching WDW travel themed shows.

oneota
04-09-2009, 07:43 PM
51 1/2 here, listen to Disney tunes on Live 365 almost everynight. You're not alone. :):mickey:

ransam
04-09-2009, 10:30 PM
thank you for all your replies..
i got my love for disney from my mom and dad.. they use to take my sister and i all the time when we were kids...it was always a surprise...every summer at one time, they would take us out to dinner or something and end up in orlando...
i'm going back w/ my sister and a friend in December and just can't wait!!!!

dmosher
04-09-2009, 10:58 PM
Nope! DW and I are both 35 (pushing 36) and we are Disney crazy too. Love the parks, movies and cartoons! To top it off we have never had, nor do we plan to have kids, we just LOVE Disney. We even bought into the DVC, after our friends said we were crazy to. I converted her a few years ago but have been a WDW nut since my time as a Cast member many many years ago.

We now live in New Zealand and the only time we travel back to the states is to go to WDW/DL! We make our friends and family meet us there.

IN the end, no you are not at all alone, revel in your love for all things MOUSE and enjoy your time in and with the Disney magic.
:pipes:
D

5togetherWDW
04-10-2009, 09:49 AM
Thanks for posting -- your well worded love of Disney causes us all to smile. My parents started gave us the gift of a love of Disney, as well. I have tried to do the same for my children. I think they will grow into adult men who love all Disney, too.
You do need to be careful about posting such WDW love though, you get all the singles out here swooning. :mickey:

brownie
04-10-2009, 11:13 AM
Let's see, if I wasn't married with 2 sons, I'd be a lot like you when it comes to Disney, but really does it matter? You don't have to be married with children to enjoy Disney World. My bride and I have made a couple trips to Disney World without our kids. I'd have no problem making a solo trip, although I think it's fun to share the experience with someone.

mickeys_princess_mom
04-10-2009, 10:41 PM
Well,,,,,,,,I'm a 65 y.o. - married for 39 years, and would do ANYTHING to go alone to the World.

I'd like to induce a two day coma on DH and go back to Calif. to use that last day.:D

:high5: :rotfl:

kemps@wdw
04-14-2009, 03:55 PM
If I didn't know better, I would think I was reading my DH's post! :D And better yet, he has me to go along w/him! And I love it everybit as much as him.:cloud9: We are currently planning our 16th trip for our 30th anniversary and are as excited now as we were planning our 1st trip back in the early 80s! We have spent our honeymmoon, 10th anniversay, 25th anniversary, and taken our DD 6 times since 1998. I even think that some of our friends and family thinks we're weird because of our love for all things Disney! (at the very least I know they're tired of hearing us talk about it all the time :blah:). But...I care not for the opinions of others! :nope: We like what we like, no matter how old we are. So...be proud in your Disney...ess! And enjoy the Magic!! :wave:

Nini5055
04-15-2009, 02:45 PM
Of course not!!! Why if you lived near me I would go with you. :party:

I'm a 41 year old single mom who LOVES Disney!!!! My dd7 is just like me. :cloud9: She absolutely LOVES Disney too. When I asked her if she would get bored if we did two trips to Disney this year (one in 2 weeks & one during free dining)...she said "are you crazy??? I love Disney!" It is my dream to find a man who loves Disney too. :cloud9:

I love reading about it, researching the 3 R's (Rides, Resorts & Restaurants), making the perfect ADR's, looking at the previous years photos. {{{sigh}}} Then planning future trips!!!

You are in good company!!! :thumbsup:

BluewaterBrad
04-15-2009, 05:13 PM
Just face the facts....you are one of the lucky ones that was born with the Disney gene. Some people have it, some don't. I'm just glad I've got it, cause it sure does make life more fun!

Well put!!:mickey:

ransam
04-15-2009, 05:25 PM
"I love reading about it, researching the 3 R's (Rides, Resorts & Restaurants), making the perfect ADR's, looking at the previous years photos. {{{sigh}}} Then planning future trips!!!"

That's funny, we are a little slow at work today so i've been doing research for a trip that is in December, listening to disney music, and looking up resturant menus, checking out some of the rides, even started a excell sheet for our vacation so i can insert where our dining reservations, flights, etc.. will be...
and we can't start planning that until 90 days out!!! and just now i was looking at all my pictures and i'm gonna make a scrap book out of them and give to my mom and dad!
It's good to know i'm not the only one!

divinedi
04-16-2009, 08:49 AM
52.5 year old single lady here, and love everything Disney!! Will go alone, with my grown girls, family, friends, you name it, as long as I can get there!:cloud9:

You are definitely not alone in your obsession:)

Visiting my brother (& his family) in BC end of May, he made some comment about Disney being passe:nono:, thinking I should change my flight to Disney and go there instead:secret:

Little Round Bale
04-16-2009, 09:28 AM
This is sooo funny. I just logged on and was thinking how do you lucky ladies find the hubbys that love Disney. We love Disney.

You are not crazy or nuts or the only one. In a crazy world the World is the best.

Good on you...:mickey:

Little Round Bale
04-16-2009, 09:32 AM
As long as we are talking about loving Disney. I purchased an ITouch and downloaded applications that show maps of the four parks, trivia and best of all dining at Disney. It shows places to eat, menus and pricing. Constantly getting updates for it. WAY COOL!!!

Nini5055
04-16-2009, 01:06 PM
:funny: I'm sitting at my desk cracking up!!!

Ransam...I have an excel spreadsheet that I have used for the past 3 years!!!! I have included ADR's location, time and confirmation #'s broken down per day, I have also gone on to include a little checklist indicating for breakfast, lunch, or dinner (in case the time does not clue me in...lol), then it also includes the posted park hours, which park we are in on corresponding day and if there are extra magic hours...broken down by AM and PM of course!!!! It is 8" x 4"...oh, and it also includes the # of credits we are using on our dining plan for each meal with a final total, # snack credits per person, WDW Res#, WDW Dine# and our Reservation #.

I can't believe that I fit it all on there!!! :cloud9: It is definately a labor of Love!!! :D

Lisaj13
04-16-2009, 02:33 PM
The first time I went to Disneyland I noticed an odd phenomenon. The ratio of adults to kids was about 4 to 1. I figure the birth of a child/grandchild gives some people the excuse they think they need to go to Disneyland/ WDW. Everywhere I saw groups of grandparents, parents and ONE child.

See, you're just strong not to need an excuse!

jimsgal05
04-16-2009, 02:56 PM
No I love Disney, all things disney even had a room before my DD was born...I even went to Disney by myself after my divorce and I have to say best trip ever!!! I totally Understand where you are coming from...I am the FEMALE version of you!!! and That is Great. I help plan trip for frinds thanks to INTERCOT!!!!!:number1:

You are not alone !!! You are with friends here!!!!:mickey:

"Just give a little wistle"~~~

Arielfan98
04-16-2009, 02:59 PM
I'm pretty sure your not the only one. I am different. I'm probably the world's youngest Disney-nerd. I do not have a boyfriend and yes I'm obsessed with Disney like the rest of my family.

caryrae
04-16-2009, 04:20 PM
I am listening to Disney Park music/attractions on Live365 right now through my TiVo while I am on Intercot, so no you are not alone.

ransam
04-17-2009, 02:03 PM
" I'm sitting at my desk cracking up!!!

Ransam...I have an excel spreadsheet that I have used for the past 3 years!!!! I have included ADR's location, time and confirmation #'s broken down per day, I have also gone on to include a little checklist indicating for breakfast, lunch, or dinner (in case the time does not clue me in...lol), then it also includes the posted park hours, which park we are in on corresponding day and if there are extra magic hours...broken down by AM and PM of course!!!! It is 8" x 4"...oh, and it also includes the # of credits we are using on our dining plan for each meal with a final total, # snack credits per person, WDW Res#, WDW Dine# and our Reservation #."

any way you can send me a copy? it might be better than mine!! probably is!

xipetotec
04-17-2009, 03:47 PM
While I *am* married with kids, they are getting older ( 10, 13 and 16 ) and I still *lovelovelove* Disney. I am a strong arguer of animated films NOT being just for kids. That Walt did not create Mickey as a children's character, but just for the purpose of entertainment. Animation is just another medium to present entertainment.

but I digress... I am much more obsessed than the kids. I am fortunate however to have said kids and wife still really enjoy WDW, so it's all good :)

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-19-2009, 12:56 AM
I'm not married, don't have kids and would go to WDW every day if I could. I love watching the Travel Channel programs on Disney too! Almost makes me feel like I'm there. And I am a big fan of Live 365 as well. So, nope, you are definitely not alone!!

WDWDale
04-19-2009, 04:12 PM
Hardly alone. (Almost) 25, single, male and in love with a lot of Disney stuff too. I keep some stuff around my computer at home. Unfortunately can't trust my students at school not to take something, so no Disney stuff in the classroom. The guys in college made a joke out of it but hey, I'm not hurting anyone because of it.

I'd love to do a solo trip sometime in the future. My only two were with groups back in high school.

EPCOT84
04-19-2009, 04:42 PM
I was born with that 'Disney gene'. All of us here do. Thank you to Ransam. Lots of it I'd have to say :ditto:. A belated :welcome:to Intercot

Nini5055
04-20-2009, 10:19 AM
I PM'd you about the spreadsheet. :thumbsup: