PDA

View Full Version : Concierge making ADR's for you

Luv4WDW
04-09-2009, 10:01 AM
This is my first trip to Disney as an adult where I'm doing the planning (for my honeymoon!!!). Since we're staying in the concierge I would like to use them as much as possible. How do we make ADR's? Or... I guess more accurately what I'm asking is, how do we get them to do it for us? Do we call? Send an e-mail? A fax? Is there a time frame for this? Any info is greatly appreciated! :mickey:

ChipDale2708
04-09-2009, 10:31 AM
Seems to me the past couple of times we received a welcome letter and questionnaire from the conceirge planners in the mail. We filled out everything we wanted booked from ADR's to tours or anything special and sent it back. From there they booked everything as each window opened and then e-mailed back our itinerary. Do triple check this for accuracy. While I never had a problem w/ ADR's, I had them book tours at full price instead of getting any discounts (Disney Visa or AAA) that I was eligible for. It was nice having them book everything so I didn't have to sit on the phone, but being a planning freak, it was hard turning it over to them.

One tip, take the Wildlife Discovery tour that is available in the Animal Kingdom for conceirge guests. We've done it twice and absolutely love it. It's an hour or so safari into the savannah. They follow much of the same roads as the regular safari, but they pull off and just watch the animals and give you all sorts of behind the scenes info on the park and the animals. Well worth the time and money!

Have fun!!

Polynesian Dweller
04-09-2009, 11:04 AM
We always stay in club level so we've been through this a few times. You will receive a letter that includes an itinerary sheet that asks you for all of the things you'd like to do such as tours, and ADRs. Fill it out and send it back in.

That same letter will give you and email address for your resort concierge (its specific to your resort) and you can email through that to request changes and additions.

They actually will make it very easy for you and, if we get it back early enough (keep that 90 day mark in mind) they always get us the times we want to within 15 minutes.

DebK
04-09-2009, 01:54 PM
If you don't get a welcome letter, you should go ahead and e-mail them......

tinksmom02
04-09-2009, 03:58 PM
We always stay in club level so we've been through this a few times. You will receive a letter that includes an itinerary sheet that asks you for all of the things you'd like to do such as tours, and ADRs. Fill it out and send it back in.

That same letter will give you and email address for your resort concierge (its specific to your resort) and you can email through that to request changes and additions.

They actually will make it very easy for you and, if we get it back early enough (keep that 90 day mark in mind) they always get us the times we want to within 15 minutes.

If you don't get a welcome letter, you should go ahead and e-mail them......

Another question I'm glad I don't have to ask! We're going in Sept. Our 90-day window is June 14. Whatever I've read about concierge says they will contact us at 90 days out. I'd really, really love to make sure they have all my info BEFORE June 14. When would you suggest I contact them?

Thanks, and thanks to the OP for posting this question! Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

antnyh
04-09-2009, 08:34 PM
We always stay club level and we have never received a welcome letter. Any idea why?

Luv4WDW
04-09-2009, 10:57 PM
Thanks everybody for all the great information. I had my fiance call today because I was all paranoid that it's fewer than 90 days before our trip. The people he spoke with said they usually send the letter 45 days before. I was a little confused that it was so late because ADR's are made 90 days in advance, but I'm not too concerned about that. I'm just glad that they didn't forget about us! I was considering doing the Animal Kingdom Safari, where can I get more information on this? Prices, times, etc? Thanks!

Polynesian Dweller
04-09-2009, 11:30 PM
We always stay club level and we have never received a welcome letter. Any idea why?

Have you received any letter at all? Sometimes its just the booking form. I've never failed to get that and after sending it in I usually get an email from the Polynesian. But yes, if you don't get something you should contact them through the hotel. I have done that when it gets close to the ADR window.

ChipDale2708
04-10-2009, 09:47 AM
Thanks everybody for all the great information. I was considering doing the Animal Kingdom Safari, where can I get more information on this? Prices, times, etc? Thanks!

Call conceirge back since you haven't received your questionnaire yet and ask them to book the Discovery Wildlife tour for you. I think the daily times were 10am and 1pm and the cost was around $40 or $50 per person. A portion of the cost goes to the Disney Conservation fund I believe. Again, it was well worth the extra money. The first time we went on it, they had a three month old elephant on the savannah. Our bus found her and we spent a lot of time watching her play. That tour went well beyond an hour. Last fall we spent a great deal of time watching a baby giraffe. Terrific photo and video opportunity!

tinksmom02
04-10-2009, 05:44 PM
The people he spoke with said they usually send the letter 45 days before.

that worries me, because as part of the pre-planning services, they're supposed to help make ADR's for you. I certainly don't want to wait until 45 days out to make them!

Gocubs
04-11-2009, 04:03 PM
My wife and I will be taking our son on his first trip to WDW in early December. Obviously that is still quite a ways away, but I want to make sure I get full use out of the concierge.

We are staying club level at the Wilderness Lodge. I haven't yet received anything from them, based on this thread I won't until around 45 days out?

So should I go ahead and make my dinner reservations at the normal 90 day mark or wait for the concierge letter? Or better yet, do I just contact the WL closer to my 90 day window?

Thanks guys.

Emptynest
04-11-2009, 05:08 PM
Go ahead and email them when you get closer to the 90 day mark. Our 90 days begin on the 13th and they have all our ADR requests on file so they are ready to go when our window opens up. They have been extremely pleasant to deal with as we have been tweaking the ADRs. I emailed them with our "tentative" requests about a week ago when the July EMH were released.

tinksmom02
04-12-2009, 12:57 PM
My wife and I will be taking our son on his first trip to WDW in early December. Obviously that is still quite a ways away, but I want to make sure I get full use out of the concierge.

We are staying club level at the Wilderness Lodge. I haven't yet received anything from them, based on this thread I won't until around 45 days out?

So should I go ahead and make my dinner reservations at the normal 90 day mark or wait for the concierge letter? Or better yet, do I just contact the WL closer to my 90 day window?

Thanks guys.

Go ahead and email them when you get closer to the 90 day mark. Our 90 days begin on the 13th and they have all our ADR requests on file so they are ready to go when our window opens up. They have been extremely pleasant to deal with as we have been tweaking the ADRs. I emailed them with our "tentative" requests about a week ago when the July EMH were released.

OK, based on what I've read in this thread, my plan is to contact Poly Concierge within a month of my 90-day window. That way, if they aren't responsive, or if I get the 45-day spiel, at least I'll still have time to call and make the ADR's myself ON my 90-day mark.

Sound like a plan? :blush:

TikiGoddess
04-12-2009, 01:31 PM
I just received my welcome email from the Concierge department -- and we're 120 days away from arrival.

Kathy

javamama
04-13-2009, 12:41 AM
I've dealt with the Poly Concierge two years in a row now and they're great. They've done all my ADR's, this year I did mine in Oct for our Apr 27th trip granted they we're rqsts at that point since they changed the program to 90 days. I always got a welcome email also. Plus my ME was handled thru them also. I also do my room requests for the fridge, we're in Tonga so they'll make sure we have what we want always. They're amazing there:thumbsup:

tinksmom02
04-13-2009, 04:00 PM
I just received my welcome email from the Concierge department -- and we're 120 days away from arrival.

Kathy

Thanks for posting that, hopefully Poly staff will email me at 120 days out, as well!

Gocubs
04-13-2009, 04:13 PM
Does the concierge service differ if you just have a room only reservation as opposed to room/ticket package?

We just booked a club level room at the WL since we have tickets already?

Emptynest
04-13-2009, 07:22 PM
I've dealt with the Poly Concierge two years in a row now and they're great. They've done all my ADR's, this year I did mine in Oct for our Apr 27th trip granted they we're rqsts at that point since they changed the program to 90 days. I always got a welcome email also. Plus my ME was handled thru them also. I also do my room requests for the fridge, we're in Tonga so they'll make sure we have what we want always. They're amazing there:thumbsup:

Can we request that our fridge be filled with some cans of diet coke/coke and bottled water?