PDA

View Full Version : Which one is your favorite?

Belster
04-08-2009, 09:00 PM
Post number 300!!!!:woohoo:

I have a long list of TS restaurants that I would like to go to on my next trip. I need to narrow down my list. I was wondering if you could tell me which one of the above is your favorite and why?

RedSoxFan
04-08-2009, 09:17 PM
I've only eaten at two of the four you had listed: Mama Melrose and LeCellier. I picked Mama Melrose as I enjoyed my dinners both times we've eaten there. I like LeCellier; but I didn't find it lived up to the hype for the money. I actually thought the steak tasted better at Raglan Road.

KatMark
04-08-2009, 09:24 PM
We have eaten at all four. LeCellier is by far our favorite -- we've always had great food and great service. Next would be Biergarten, then Mama Melrose and lastly Garden Grill.

EllieMae
04-08-2009, 09:25 PM
As much as I looooove Le Cellier, I chose the Biergarten. The food is good and the atmosphere is great.

LuvsTigger80
04-08-2009, 10:01 PM
Choose the Biergarten!!:thumbsup: I've only eaten at 2 of the 4 resturants. Biergarten and Le Cellier. We really liked the food and atmosphere at the biergarten. We were less than pleased with Le cellier. :ack:Probably will never go back there.

kemps@wdw
04-08-2009, 11:21 PM
Although, none of the listed is my fave, out of the 4, I chose Mama's. It's the only one of the 4 that I can say I both enjoyed the food and didn't find it too pricey!

Dragongirlx
04-09-2009, 03:49 AM
I have only eaten at two of these restaurants as well Mamma Melrose and Le Cellier. While I like le Cellier I picked Mamma Melrose because we have never had a bad meal there and the service is excellent. I dream about their calamairi (Yummy!):cloud9:

tjstrike
04-09-2009, 04:25 AM
I took biergarten over MM and GG, have never ate at Le cellier.

SBETigg
04-09-2009, 07:31 AM
Of those four, I've only tried Biergarten and Le Cellier. Garden Grill and Mama Melrose never appealed to me. Mama's gets mixed reviews, heavy on the negative. Garden Grill looks like a nice family experience, but not my thing.

Biergarten was great to try once. The atmosphere is lovely, the band is fun. You're seated in tables of eight, may end up with strangers. And the food? Buffet quality, very heavy, sausage-centric. Not bad, but not great, unless you're a fan of heavy foods and sausage.

Le Cellier is over-rated, but it's still very good food, and it's consistently good, which is why there are far more good reviews than bad and it's a big favorite of many. I liked it and I would go back.

maxrebo77
04-09-2009, 07:45 AM
I have dined at 3 of the 4. While the filet at LeCell was awesome, my best all around dining experience this past year was Mama Melrose. The food at Garden Grill didn't do it for me, although I have not eaten there recently. Biergarten is on my list for this Sept.

RAIDER
04-09-2009, 07:50 AM
Easy one out of that choice ..Le Cellier :D

AdventurerKim
04-09-2009, 12:28 PM
Le Cellier is fantastic for lunch or dinner! We love Mama Melrose's for lunch. We weren't impressed with the Garden Grill the last time we ate there a few years ago for dinner. I haven't been to the Biergarden in at least 20 years, and I didn't like it then. Not my kind of food. My German ancestors would probably be appaulled.

Friend of Figment
04-09-2009, 12:36 PM
For quality of food - Le Cellier

For entertainment - Biergarten

For a character meal that's good for adults and kids - Garden Grill

AS for Mama Melrose - When I've eaten there on the Backstage Magic tour the food and service have been great. When I've eaten there as a regular guest the food has been just ok and the service has been terrible.

DebK
04-09-2009, 01:52 PM
Another vote for LeCellier......

MickeyMousse
04-09-2009, 02:06 PM
We used to make Garden Grill as one of our "must do's" but haven't had much luck in getting in on the past 2 trips.

Adambomb85
04-09-2009, 02:27 PM
I vote for Le Cellier for the overall quality of food. I must admit, each of the choices is pretty good!

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
04-09-2009, 02:54 PM
Of all the places at WDW we have eaten multiple times Le Cellier and Ohana's are the only two we have never had a bad experience. Always good service and good food. Most of my experiences are good at the other places but I have had one mediocre experience at each.

KylesMom
04-09-2009, 03:07 PM
Hard choices, as you have three of our favorites on your list! We really enjoy Mama Melrose and dine several times each trip here - it's a nice place with a casual atmosphere, good food and great sangria. LeCellier has lived up to its hype with us . . . great steaks, love the "cellar" atmosphere - and of course the pretzel bread! Garden Grill has some of the best character interaction available at Disney - but I wouldn't give up our LeCellier reservation since Garden Grill cut out lunch, hence we're not dining there this season. Biergarten is the only one we haven't been, since DH can't stand the smell of 'kraut.

Good luck in your decision - you have a hard one to make! :mickey:

tinksmom02
04-09-2009, 03:54 PM
Out of your choices, I've only eaten at LeCellier, so that's what I voted for. :mickey:

GrmGrninGost
04-09-2009, 06:16 PM
LeCellier by a nose over Garden Grill! :mickey:

Crow
04-09-2009, 08:52 PM
went w GG. Fresh stuff
Biergarten ok to b stuffed, but u sit w strangers although :beer: helps.
LC is overated some & hard to get in
MM wasnt too bad

dmosher
04-09-2009, 09:47 PM
No surprise here, Le Cellier wins hands down. good food, friendly servers, greta service and amazing atmosphere.
:pipes:
D

Belster
04-09-2009, 11:12 PM
You have all been so helpful!! Thanks a bunch.

gaffz70
04-10-2009, 05:11 PM
I guess I'm going to be in the minority here, but I have to pick Garden Grill. Someone recommended it to me and I almost canceled our reservation and was so glad that I didn't - it was our best dinner there! The characters were great, lots of 1:1 time, the food was served family style w/ a good variety and we all loved it!

I like Mama Melrose, but I can find a lot of restaurants like it at home. Biergarten has good entertainment, just didn't care for the food.

Hull-onian
04-10-2009, 05:57 PM
I didn't vote on this one. I have eaten at Le Cellier and didn't like it. Sorry, Canadian friends, it was not good food. I am going to the Biergarten and really looking forward to it. I am going alone, so I hope that folks don't think I am weird.:crazy:

Charlee
04-11-2009, 08:50 AM
I voted for Le Cellier - I've only been to 2 of the restraunts listed - Le Cellier and the Garden Grill.
We liked the Garden Grill but think its better value for lunch which has been discontinued.

ryca1dreams
04-11-2009, 10:32 AM
Le Cellier is good, but Biergarten is just fun and I like the food, drink, and company. It is more of an experience which makes it my pick

kathiep
04-12-2009, 09:04 AM
We really enjoy the food at Le Cellier but based on overall total experience, I voted for Biergarten. Food is good, atmosphere is terrific. We always have a good time.

JavaDuck
04-12-2009, 02:16 PM
Like many other posters, I have only eaten at Le Cellier and Mama Merose's. I enjoyed both of my meals last time. I would say that Le Cellier was the better meal since everything was amazing (the soup, the fillet, and the creme brulee).

My other half liked Le Cellier so much that one of his few requests for our trip this year was that we ate at Le Cellier twice.

Polynesian Dweller
04-12-2009, 05:06 PM
Le Cellier and Mama Melrose are both high on our list with Biergarten near the bottom. We put Biergarten there because it can be really nice if your party either fills a table for eight or you are sat with a good group. But if you get a grumpy group it can be very uncomfortable. A bit hit and miss.

Le Cellier is our choice overall but you can't go wrong with Mama Melrose in our opinion.

dmosher
04-12-2009, 06:30 PM
But if you get a grumpy group it can be very uncomfortable.

This is why we have been hesitant to try it. There is nothign worse than getting stuck with "magic killers" at a group environment. had this happen at the Tempenyaki Steak house and it almost ruined the dinner. If the chef hadn't noticed we were trying to have fun despite the other group and slap my twice in the face with flying steak, it would have been awful. Seriously, that was hysterical and made the night much better.

So yes I am still hesitant about Biergarden, since getting slapped with hot sausages or flying Leiderhosen would not be nearly as much fun.
:pipes:
D

Mousemates
04-12-2009, 10:16 PM
Garden Grill....like the food, love chip and dale.