PDA

View Full Version : you know your almost there when?

ryobi88
04-08-2009, 07:32 PM
got my travel doucuments today along with my what will you celebrate luggage tags ohh come on may 1st i`am almost there ..when do you feel you almost there ?:cloud9:

Friend of Figment
04-08-2009, 08:21 PM
I like it when the trip is close enough that I can think "Next week at this time I'll be eating breakfast with WInnie the Pooh."

PetefromRI
04-08-2009, 08:41 PM
We got our travel docs yesterday for May 2nd and it feels good.I like when it's the night before you leave and I say "tommorrow at this time we'll be in Epcot!"

ryobi88
04-08-2009, 08:59 PM
Friend of Figment I like it when the trip is close enough that I can think "Next week at this time I'll be eating breakfast with WInnie the Pooh." ...funny i do the same thing:thumbsup:

javamama
04-08-2009, 10:01 PM
I getting to that point we leave the 27th, the ME tags are here, the bag tags. Now just the waiting game:cool:

Pirate Granny
04-08-2009, 10:29 PM
I'm so anxious that I actually have been counting and thinking where will I be on "Tuesday" when I hit the 90 day mark. Smile...this is Wednesday and that means we'll be at MK all day and our ADR is at Crystal Palace. And I'm SURE it'll be warm...smile.
:pirate:

disneyboundagain
04-08-2009, 11:06 PM
I'm going to take a different approach...

We usually drive, so for us, we know we are almost there when we see the first palm tree. Its usually about 10-12 hours into the trip.

Insanity Clause
04-08-2009, 11:15 PM
It hard to fathom when I think that a week from tomorrow I will be eathing lunch at Cinderella's Castle with my kids...AHHHH...I can hadly wait. 11 Days and Counting!!!

cgriff
04-09-2009, 09:04 AM
I know we're almost there about the time we pass the Florida Citrus Tower!

PETE FROM NYC
04-09-2009, 11:17 AM
Stop Questions Like This
Right Now
I Cannot Take The Anticipation Any Longer
September Is Still Too Far Off

Diz-Knee
04-09-2009, 12:11 PM
Mine is in phases! Typically when I hit the month before and I can say I'm going NEXT MONTH!!! (Even if it is Mar 1 and I'm not leaving until April 25. :D) The next phase is the weekend BEFORE the weekend we leave when I start packing my bags and doing all the last minute preparation. Finally when we hit the Florida Turnpike off of 75, that is when the real excitment hits because I know I'm down to my last several minutes until I arrive!

AdventurerKim
04-09-2009, 12:19 PM
I always feel almost there the day we leave in the evening when we're waiting to board the plane at the airport.

lockedoutlogic
04-09-2009, 12:48 PM
Stop Questions Like This
Right Now

really seems like a personal problem....

but if i had to say when it seems "close" is when i can look at the 10 day forecast on weather.com......

which will also coincide with the new online checkin.....

i'm 13 days out now.....and really looking forward to Boardwalk....which will allow me to get New Jersey off my mind:confused:

spoonful of sugar
04-09-2009, 01:26 PM
when the captain of the plane announces "welcome to sunny orlando". :mickey:

#1donaldfan
04-09-2009, 02:15 PM
....I know I'm almost there when my DW wakes me up and tells me, WE'RE ALMOST THERE !!...:mickey:

homeschool mom
04-09-2009, 03:16 PM
As a family, we usually drive so when we hit I-4 that's when I say everybody stay out of my way, I'm almost there!
This trip is just for DH and I and we are leaving 1 week from tomorrow. So now, I'm thinking one week from tomorrow I'll be in WDW! :party: Not sure which park yet. We're just winging it this trip. Time to relax without the kids and just do everything we want to do for a change! :thumbsup:

8 days and counting! :party:

E-OR
04-09-2009, 05:35 PM
I am a compulsive planner so I start planning the next trip when we are still at WDW and constantly talk about it, but know I'm almost there when I start packing for the trip. Every now and then I smell something that reminds me of WDW and it makes me think how close our trip is. My husband and I will be going alone for a week the first week of May and the family along with kids' friends will go again in September/October. Looking forward to the warm sunshine...it's been a long winter.

Hull-onian
04-09-2009, 07:19 PM
When the bus driver on Magical Express says, your only 40 minutes away. Yay!!!

ginny57
04-09-2009, 08:15 PM
In my heart I'm ALWAYS almost there but I know I am REALLY almost there when I step onto the monorail at the Orlando airport.

Mousemates
04-09-2009, 09:44 PM
When we start seeing the purple background road signs.

johnO
04-10-2009, 10:53 AM
Exiting I-95 and entering I-4..........

PrettyMinnie
04-10-2009, 12:05 PM
When all the bags are packed the night before and you can't sleep from excitement!

LudwigVonDrake
04-10-2009, 04:18 PM
Getting on the monorail at Orlando Airport and hearing "Por Favor..." :number1:

Then when the DME bus drives under the Welcome sign I know I am there :smickey:

Septbride2002
04-10-2009, 04:36 PM
Mine goes in phases - the first phases is the 90 day mark when I can start making dining reservations. Then I'm usually good until I start packing my bags. But I really get excited when you see the purple street signs.

~Amanda

Daddy Mouse
04-10-2009, 05:03 PM
When we start seeing the purple background road signs.

Same here! 2829 hours till I'm enjoying a beverage at Raglan Road

GINNY69
04-10-2009, 08:04 PM
Everyday is anticipation for me.. My husband and I talk about our disney trip everyday.. But yes it is a great feeling when your travel documents come in and you know shortly u will be on your way.. Like some previous post I am the same way a week before the trip I would think wow next Monday I will be in the Magic Kingdom have dinner at Chef Mickey's.. Yeah the feeling is awesome...

:pixie:

KatrinaJ91
04-10-2009, 09:41 PM
I agree I have phases as well...."this time next month, this time next week...." BUT I really know we are almost there when we cross into Florida an stop at the Welcome Center (every trip!) and get our free glass of Florida OJ. Silly, I know, but it is a tradition now!!

TheVBs
04-11-2009, 08:44 AM
At least two phases here. We drive, so the first phase is when we're all packed the day before and know that the next morning we'll be hitting the road. The second phase is when we see the official WDW sign and we're about to drive under it after two days on the road! :mickey:

amd780
04-11-2009, 10:58 AM
I'm another one with phases: When we hit the double digits in our countdown, when we enter the same month as our trip, when we start to pack, and when we drive under the WDW entrance sign and see the monorail tracks running parallel to the road!!! :D

ransam
04-11-2009, 02:18 PM
wow...all of these are great answers, and i do a lot of the same things....
I keep a disney diary every year. the minute we decide another plan is in the works, i start one. I always like it when it's officially booked, and i can start an official countdown...wednesday, we hit the 250 day mark, and i'm excited...every 50 days it feels that there is a special moment for the countdown. and the next one it will be in the 100's...and that's exciting to me.
for me, when i start feeling close is on september 9. that is my birthday...and then it starts coming fast. just a few weeks is when the official basketball season starts, and i love that....then halloween, before we know it, the trip has to be paid for, then thanksgiving, suddenly we're just a few weeks away! wow. about a week before we leave is when i really start thinking how really close i am, and all the planning and all the fun is right there...
but the two most special moments...are when i'm on the magical express, and it pulls out and the movie starts...the second one is since we usually get there late at night we go to bed and laying there, thinking..i'm at disney....it's hear, good or bad, richer and much poorer...tomorrow, is a whole new adventure!!!!

tannermansmom
04-11-2009, 05:33 PM
We know we are almost there when:
1. Hubby is on intercot almost as much as me & on youtube watching Disney videos
2. I start buying stuff for the trip during every grocery shopping trip.
3. I call my Dis SIL and drive her crazy a LOT
Only 28 days!:cloud9:

garymacd
04-14-2009, 05:37 PM
...when I pay my last toll on the Florida Turnpike!

JERSEYDISFAN
04-14-2009, 06:00 PM
For me, it happens when the pilot makes that right-hand bank turning in off the ocean and begins the final descent into MCO. You look down and see the houses and palm trees rising up to meet you and in just a very few minutes you're crossing over the expressway and the plane settles onto the runway. . . . you're there!!!

sleepingbooty
04-15-2009, 04:16 PM
Today I hit one of those "we're almost there" milestones: the 30 day mark. We always make a thirty loop paper chain 30 days out so the girls can cut a loop off every day to visualize how close its getting. We have so much going on between now and then, I'm sure it will go very quickly!

Cinderella's Lady in Waiting
04-17-2009, 06:00 PM
You know you're close when....
You're 45 days out and have to pay your balance!:)

garymacd
04-19-2009, 11:34 AM
Stop Questions Like This
Right Now

Too bad!

We leave in 17 days and arrive in 19 days.

Cruel, cruel man!!

mdhiggin
04-19-2009, 12:10 PM
When we see the Disney billboards on I-4

grumpydude
04-19-2009, 07:02 PM
When I can say that " this time next week we'll be...." Even "This time next month":drive::bar:

Pop Centurion
04-19-2009, 09:09 PM
For me it doesn't really set in until the video on the ME bus starts. Then I start getting excited and feel like we're almost there.
But the day before while I'm in work I do get a sort of relief feeling knowing that I'll be out of that place and in WDW the next day.

EJS-Houston
04-20-2009, 05:33 PM
got my travel doucuments today along with my what will you celebrate luggage tags ohh come on may 1st i`am almost there ..when do you feel you almost there ?:cloud9:

When my friend and I (with whom I always go to WDW) are counting down in days, rather than weeks or months.

PrettyMinnie
04-20-2009, 08:26 PM
You know you're close when....
You're 45 days out and have to pay your balance!:)

We're 33 days!! :cloud9:

tjstrike
04-21-2009, 03:55 AM
Phases here as well

Making reservations and ADR's

Planning on what to pack in the camper

Packing the camper

Paying $15.00 in tolls one way. (Camper,lots of wheels.)

Hearing the tom-tom say "you have reached your destination" :D

RAIDER
04-21-2009, 07:21 AM
When i get on the plane and it begins to take off :cloud9:

cmshelton1979
04-21-2009, 04:14 PM
Reading all of these has put butterflies in my stomach. We will be there in 24 days!!!!

I think for me its the night before. I try to make sure all of our last minute details are taken care of and usually feel like I am forgetting a ton of stuff, but its worth it once I leave my house with our bags!!!! It is either going to be a 12-13 hr drive or a 2 1/2 hr flight and then all of the preparations we've made pay off:mickey::mickey:

ryobi88
04-22-2009, 02:03 PM
right now we are 9 days out.... down to single digits and going thru our summer what to wear to disney clothes :cloud9:

Floridian Yeti
04-22-2009, 04:34 PM
For me it's when we're driving east on I-4 and I see the mouse ears powerline pylon. Then I know it's almost time to take the exit and get lost on the way to the resort/park.

Today I felt a twinge of it when I did my 10-day early check-in - TEN MORE DAYS!

TikiLounger
04-22-2009, 05:27 PM
When it's the night before we leave and I'm putting the Magical Express tags on the suitcases and having a "discussion" with my daughter about how many pairs of shoes she can bring.

Soph and Han's Mom
04-23-2009, 04:01 PM
...when I smell that awesome hotel smell! Do you all know the one I mean? The one that hits you in the face when the doors to the lobby open? Love that...

garymacd
04-23-2009, 09:24 PM
...when I smell that awesome hotel smell! Do you all know the one I mean? The one that hits you in the face when the doors to the lobby open? Love that...

You mean that "air conditioning smell" that smells so nice after three days spent screaming along Hwy. 403 and 401, flying down the I-75, across the Florida Turnpike, over the I-4 and into the gates with air conditioning on the fritz and the kids yelling in the back seat the whole way and the beloved wife demanding a washroom break every two hours?

That smell?

Oh, yeah, that's a good smell!

brownie
04-24-2009, 08:00 AM
Getting on the terminal shuttle at Orlando International Airport.

cmsizzlin
04-24-2009, 08:40 AM
We drive so the minute we cross into FL the anticipation/excitement starts but officially I feel it when we drive under the sign for the Magic Kingdom.

Soph and Han's Mom
04-24-2009, 09:35 AM
garymacd...yup! That's the one!!:funny:

irish1967
04-24-2009, 07:31 PM
For me it is two things...

First, I start sending e-mails to my family (we go to Disney as a group - 4 families/12 people total) to build the excitement. I start when I make the ADRs and then do one every 10 days until (oh) about 30 days out when they start to get one more frequently. I do an "in-depth" look at various Disney topics... our resort, different attractions, hidden mickeys, whatever I can think of (if anyone has ideas for this year, please shout them out :mickey:)

About a week before our visit, I stop because we depart for our first part of vacation - a week at the beach...

Then, the morning arrives and we get up early and wave good-bye to the beach and then stop at Waffle House just off of I-75...

That is when I know we are on our WAY!

86 days ... not like I am counting or anything like that!!!!!

Mr_Increddieble
04-24-2009, 08:52 PM
When we stop at that grocery store near the downtown disney entrance to pick up a few things. cause after that...next stop...The Polynesian. 15 days to go.

Around now I start thinking, "Is the anticipation really the best part?"
Then I remember last year and the year before and I say "Don't be silly"
But the anticipation is definitely part of it, a good part.

Benu Melli Iki Bobo
Moo-ee Akalea Moo Moo

Mickey91
04-25-2009, 06:57 PM
We have several mile stones:

1. pass the last Salem, VA exit on I-81 - we rarely go this far south if we are not going to Disney
2. finally reach I-77 and get over Fancy Gap Mountain
3. Statesville, N.C.
4. Carowinds Amusement Park
5. Columbia, S.C.
6. I-26 then Finally I-95
7. Georgia!!!! S.C. is the LONGEST part of the trip
8. FL welcome center!!
9. Daytona and I-4 with all the cool bilboards slowly beginning to show KSC, Universal, Sea World and the best of the bunch WDW!!!
10. When we pass the Channel 2 tower in Orlando.
11. When we see our exit number!!!!
12. The glorious welcome sign at WDW!
13. Finally we arrive at our resort and make ourselves right at home for the next week!!!:mickey:

Captain_Nemo
04-25-2009, 07:19 PM
on the tram at MCO INTL looking at palm trees

dmosher
04-25-2009, 07:53 PM
It comes in stages for me. Stage one is getting on the ME bus.

Stage 2 is passing under the "Welcome to WDW Gateway"!

Stage 3 is hearing the music and reading the "Welcome Home" plaque at the front of the Wilderness Lodge Villas (plus walking into the train room there is amazing!)

Stage 4 is getting on the first bus to MK

Stage 5 is hearing the theme music and walking the que to POTC

Stage 6 (or the acceptance stage) is the first drop on Pirates! After that I am in the magic 100%. Even when the 2 girls in the seat behind us use their flash, it's hard but I stay in the magic anyway.

I know technically I am not "almost there" , I " am there" at this time, but it takes me a little tiem to fully immerse myself.
:pipes:
D

dtootsie42
04-26-2009, 01:15 PM
We go in December so for me its when I get to pull out "summer clothing" for Disney....packing and then putting on the magical express tags.

For my husband the week before he drives all of us nuts with his constant running commentary such as next week on this day we'll be eating here or on this day we'll be at this park. :mickey:

Dec. 1997---Contemporary
Dec. 1999--Poly
June 2000--Disneyland
Dec. 2001---Poly Concierge
Dec. 2003---Poly Concierge
Dec. 2005---Poly Concierge
Nov. 2007---Poly Concierge
Oct. 2008--DisneyLand
Next trip Dec. 2009--Poly Concierge

Hull-onian
04-27-2009, 07:58 AM
When the bus driver from ME says "Your 40 minutes from your resor." :Yay:

Kimmiesue1969
04-27-2009, 11:33 PM
I have been counting the days since I made my dinner reservations on the 14th of April!!!! This is mine and my husbands very first visit and I am excited!!!! 75 days to go!!! Wooohooo!!!:mickey:

SoaringEpcot
04-30-2009, 12:18 PM
When we stop for free orange juice on 95 at the Florida Welcome center. We always just have to stop.