PDA

View Full Version : Yak & Yeti or Boma?

MickeyandTink
04-08-2009, 06:08 PM
Which would you choose? We are taking our DD8 and DS3 and are trying to decide which restaurant to go to for dinner on the day we go to AK. DW, DD and I went to Boma two years ago and enjoyed it and thought we would take DS there with us this year. However, the reviews I'm seeing on here for Y&Y are making me think maybe we should do that instead. I look to the wisdom of the intercotees for guidance. :listen:

sassy2000
04-08-2009, 06:22 PM
I'm sure some people have good reviews on Yak & Yeti but I did not enjoy it. My DH had chicken lo mein which was good but I had beef & broccoli which was very bland. It just came across to me as an expensive chinese restaurant. Now Boma is a different story. We absolutely loved it and will go back many times. Plus buffets always work better for us with our kids.

ThanxForNoticin
04-08-2009, 06:32 PM
In the past year, we have done both Y&Y and Boma twice. We really enjoy both places, but they are very different. My initial response to your question is easy - Boma for us. It's one of our favorite dining experiences anywhere. But I would never hesitate to eat again at Y&Y. So your decision would probably be a personal one - an African-themed all-you-can-eat buffet or an Asian-themed sit-down dinner.

In our opinion, you don't have a bad choice here. Hope you have a great meal, whichever you choose!

DisneyGlutton
04-08-2009, 06:49 PM
Given that you like Boma and have young children, I would go with Boma. I would think kids can be picky eaters and it has many options. Both are great though imho:thumbsup:

DizneyFreak2002
04-08-2009, 08:13 PM
I neve rate at Boma, but I did eat at Yak 'n' Yeti and enjoyed it very much...

motherof4
04-08-2009, 08:58 PM
we have been to both yak and yeti and boma and we loved both of them. we are going back to disney in aug. and we are eating at both of them again

KatMark
04-08-2009, 09:25 PM
We LOVED Yak & Yeti when we were there in September. It was the second best meal of our trip. We have not done Boma's. We plan to try it for breakfast but, as I am a very fussy eater, we are skipping dinner...I've read too many reviews of the seasonings/flavors they use and know that I would not like them.

braindew
04-08-2009, 10:58 PM
We LOVED Yak & Yeti when we were there in September. It was the second best meal of our trip. We have not done Boma's. We plan to try it for breakfast but, as I am a very fussy eater, we are skipping dinner...I've read too many reviews of the seasonings/flavors they use and know that I would not like them.

We have taken many picky eaters to Boma's over the years and they all left amazed. There is no contest, Y&Y=chain (Landry's), overpriced, one shot at eating something you love. Boma=Disney award winning culinary at it's greatest, 18 million dollar kitchen, 10 feet of desserts. Not to mention the chance to take a stroll after and see animals in their natural setting.

Gotta Love Eeyore
04-09-2009, 08:24 AM
We have been to both...chose Y&Y last year as it offered a slight difference to the boring kid's meals offered. Our service was great and the convenience of not having to leave the park was nice, but you really can't go wrong with either one.

KatMark
04-09-2009, 09:45 AM
We have taken many picky eaters to Boma's over the years and they all left amazed. There is no contest, Y&Y=chain (Landry's), overpriced, one shot at eating something you love. Boma=Disney award winning culinary at it's greatest, 18 million dollar kitchen, 10 feet of desserts. Not to mention the chance to take a stroll after and see animals in their natural setting.

Thanks for the info. But I'm going to continue to skip it (I have a friend who went and she hated it, although loves the breakfast). As for Y&Y...didn't notice the price as we were on the dining plan.

MickeyandTink
04-09-2009, 03:17 PM
Thanks to everyone for the input. :rocks:

After considering what everyone has had to say, I think we will probably try and get ADR's at Boma and maybe do the CS at Y&Y for lunch. However, if there are no good times available on the day we plan to go to AK, it sounds like Y&Y would work as a backup.

MinnieMommie
04-10-2009, 09:17 AM
Both restaurants are good but different. You will get more to eat at Boma and will have a broader selection to choose from. You get more for your dollar at Boma and since you have already eaten there you know you will enjoy it.

However, Yak and Yeti is conveniently located in AK park and has very tasty food and you might like to try something different. I would check out the menu and prices at Yak and Yeti then make a decision. It's hard to go wrong either way. :mickey:

elmjimmlm
04-10-2009, 09:45 AM
I don't know about Boma yet (hope for Aug.:thumbsup:) but I do know that Yak and Yeti is one of the best at Disney...We sat upstairs and watched the Christmas parade go by and it was great...We are also going to go back there in Aug. too...

Hull-onian
04-10-2009, 06:09 PM
Remember, the Rainforest Cafe is right outside of AKP. It is good there too. So that is another option. On the other hand, we are going to Yak & Yeti for dinner based on the very good reviews from everyone. :tasty: