PDA

View Full Version : Best WDW PLAUSIBLE Myth Making

SFTrny
04-08-2009, 05:38 PM
OK...this was inspired by a posting in another thread:

This is a true story!
My sister and i were on the Pirates ride this past December. In front of us were a couple college age guys and what i'm assuming were there dates. the guys were talking about disney and how much they loved it.. one of them mentioned that one of the main reasons Walt made Disneyland was so he could keep his movies alive through rides....like the Peter Pan ride, the Snow White Ride, etc......they went on talking and then one of the girls asked how long the pirate's ride had been at Disneyworld...and one of the guys said, and he was seroius "well it can't be too old, the first pirate movie only came out a few years ago...."
maybe it's one of those "you had to be there" moments, but it was funny at the time.

What are your best PLAUSIBLE WDW myths? What stories can you (or have you) told to WDW novices and get away with? Think of something like the original example above or something like this:

"The large dark rectangles on the outside of the Swan and Dolphin hotels mark where the monorail will eventually pass though, just like the Contemporary."

Let's hear your best!

ValenciaCalling
04-08-2009, 08:00 PM
That story just makes me want to smack that guy.

wdwfansince75
04-09-2009, 09:18 AM
Okay, I'll risk it.....
The reason that they have to shut down Hall of Presidents longer than usual is that they have to relocate two of the other presidents to make room for the Teleprompters!

SFTrny
04-09-2009, 09:45 AM
I like that one!

PETE FROM NYC
04-09-2009, 11:29 AM
Last trip,March 07,I told my nephew, 12,to put his ear against one of the large boulders.
Then I asked him if he heard the "rock" music.

SFTrny
04-10-2009, 10:21 PM
OK....THAT is really funny, but not quite what we are looking for. But I can't help laughing at the mental image!

Skippy
04-11-2009, 01:02 PM
Perhaps along the lines of in the Haunted Mansion Walt is one of the "bust" singers and his bust is broken as a reference to his death?

ransam
04-11-2009, 02:29 PM
actually i am the one that wrote the pirates story, and it is funny.

but i have something kind of funny. my buddy who actually loves disney as much as i do...we went to the park last december w/ my sister...and my sister brought along one of those pal mickey things (i love disney, but 9 days of that drove me up a freaking wall)...but one of the questions it asked, my sister asked my friend "what was Snow White's real name".. i knew the answer, but my buddy didn't and all week we wouldn't tell him...he was kind of upset when he realized it was a trick question, and that Snow White was her real name.

SFTrny
04-11-2009, 03:13 PM
Excellent!!!

tannermansmom
04-12-2009, 10:17 PM
Okay, I'll risk it.....
The reason that they have to shut down Hall of Presidents longer than usual is that they have to relocate two of the other presidents to make room for the Teleprompters!

Sorry, I don't have one but I did enjoy reading this one.

wdwfansince75
04-13-2009, 10:52 AM
Sometimes, its good that my family knows me so well....I'm never mean, but sometimes, my sense of humor is out of control.....On our last trip, while at EPCOT, I was walking towards WS, when I decided to do a break (after all, at 67, the breaks are no longer scheduled)....I asked a
CM where the nearest rest room was located....He directed me back towards the one to the side of Mousegears....I turned around and headed back towards the restroom. A young family saw me turn around after talking to a CM, and asked if there was a problem.....so I told them that my tickets did not include the Park Hopper option, so I couldn't visit World Showcase.....Apparently, they didn't have PH's either, so they started to turn around too.....Now, I'm not really that mean, so I stopped them, and gave them the real story, and assured them that they could do all of EPCOT on their non-hopper pass.