PDA

View Full Version : FastPass advice, please

hope23
04-08-2009, 03:59 PM
I've read plans for touring Magic Kingdom which suggest getting a fastpass for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and Splash Mountain either right before or right after lunch. We are going the last week of April, and I'm wondering if you think there will still be fast passes available for those rides at that time of day? I don't want to chance missing them, but I don't know how bad the crowds will be by then... predicted as a 5. What do you think? Is Buzz Lightyear usually busy as well? Thanks!!

Diz-Knee
04-08-2009, 04:33 PM
I've traveled that exact week for the past two years and the crowds are average to light so you shouldn't have any problem getting a fastpass for either of those.

the other micki
04-08-2009, 04:59 PM
There should definitely still be fps at that time.
We are also going last week in April. "5" is a low # for crowds. Who knows? Maybe we won't need many fps!

GrumpyFan
04-08-2009, 05:04 PM
You should be fine. Apparently, EVERYBODY is there this week. So, by the time you get there, they'll be gone.

SBETigg
04-08-2009, 05:07 PM
It shouldn't be a problem. We like to Fastpass Splash, then ride Big Thunder, then grab a Fastpass for Big Thunder and head for Splash. If there's more time before we can get another Fastpass, we'll go on Pirates or the Haunted Mansion and then go back and do Splash and Thunder again. It's our favorite area of the park.

PrettyMinnie
04-08-2009, 05:31 PM
We went that time of year twice. The one day we got to MK around 11 and we went straight for a Splash Mountain FP, they were for about 2 hours later. Then we went and practically walked on BTMR, and had some time to shop and eat lunch before heading back to Splash Mountain.
Moral of the story, you should be fine getting FP either before or after lunch. Have fun!

stitcherbelle
04-08-2009, 06:52 PM
Well there should be fastpasses at that time of day. Buzz Lightyear's is usually one of their busier rides so I would also get fastpasses for that. Have fun!

CaptSmee
04-08-2009, 10:03 PM
Shouldn't be a probem. I still see FP's available for those 2 attractions late in the day. I always check to see which has a shorter wait posted, nab a FP for the longer wait and queue up in the shorter wait. If both are long then we'll take the train around the park and come back later to ride & get the other FP.