PDA

View Full Version : The ULTIMATE Walt Disney World Attraction

DZNYGUY
04-08-2009, 02:27 PM
So as I was reflecting on the NCAA tournament lately, I had what I think is a fun idea...

I believe that if I were to post a question on this discussion board on what people thought was/is the greatest Walt Disney World attraction ever I might get 100 different responses. Obviously people will be partial to 'the first ride they ever went on' or perhaps 'the ride that made them fall in love with Disney.' So why not put it to the test?

I was thinking that I would make a 64-attraction bracket that every week we would vote on to ultimately come out with what is agreed upon as the greatest attraction!

I know that opinions will differ greatly on this topic, but if you campaign hard enough you just may get your 'sleeper' of a favorite into the Final Four!

Let me know what you all think, this thread could be a fun one that goes for a while and perhaps be a medium of discussion for rides past and present. :mickey:

Imagineer1981
04-08-2009, 02:41 PM
I think we kinda did something similar a few months back with all of the parks and also resorts...a moderator could probably find the posts faster. The polls went on for months

SBETigg
04-08-2009, 03:08 PM
Sounds like fun. Even if it has been done. I love polls and games.

PrettyMinnie
04-08-2009, 03:52 PM

:ditto:

Mousemates
04-08-2009, 03:53 PM

yeah, I agree...many of things we discuss here and poll on tend to run in cycles and repeat themselves every so often...but it doesn't mean they aren't still fun :)...and anyway since we have new folks coming in to the sight with frequency (I mean I'm constantly seeing folks with only single or double digit posts:welcome:) , even if its old news to some of us, its likely brand new material for someone else. so if you want to build a bracket and run a poll, have at it and the folks who want to "play" will join in.

DZNYGUY
04-08-2009, 05:31 PM
Great! It sounds like there is enough interest here.

I have a bracket made up (I guess I just have that kind of time) but I don't know how to get it accross to y'all to look at. Any ideas?

Also, what do you think would be the most efficient way for voting on which one wins...it looks like you can only add a poll on new threads...help!

Imagineer1981
04-08-2009, 05:44 PM
oh I am not saying don't do it...it would be cool to see who wins this time !!! :thumbsup:

Giggy
04-08-2009, 10:05 PM
Sounds a good idea, new people are always joining these forums so opinions are always going to change.

The best place to launch this might be on the Games & Trivia forum. A good time to start could be when a similar game to this (based on the movies) has just finished so that it has everyone's full attention. Though I'm sure they could also run side by side if you want to start it quickly. :mickey:

CaptSmee
04-08-2009, 10:05 PM
Fun idea...while it's not my fav ride, Splash Mountain would probably be my ultimate attraction. Flawless entertainment. I still like both HM & Pirates better though.

Villains0501
04-08-2009, 11:12 PM
I think anything w/ good vs evil would be awesome

playdead88
04-09-2009, 06:27 AM
i'm in - i would totally play

DZNYGUY
04-09-2009, 08:22 AM
Great! It sounds like there is enough interest here.

I have a bracket made up (I guess I just have that kind of time) but I don't know how to get it accross to y'all to look at. Any ideas?

Also, what do you think would be the most efficient way for voting on which one wins...it looks like you can only add a poll on new threads...help!

Great! Let's do it! Does anyone have and advice on how I can get the bracket up for everyone to see? Also, what would be the best way to do the voting?

I am sure we could just do a continuous thread (no poll absolutely necessary) but I think it would help a lot if everyone could see the bracket I have made!...

Daddy Mouse
04-10-2009, 04:28 PM
I'd like to do this. I find the polls interesting plus I get to see what other people post.

dmosher
04-10-2009, 05:04 PM
The best way would be to draw it up yourself, and post a link in the very first post to an image of the bracket you have drawn. Then post a poll for each bracket and go from there. You would however have to keep updating the picture, if that's OK, then go for it.
:pipes:
D

KatrinaJ91
04-10-2009, 09:24 PM
I love this idea! I am already debating several attractions! Do you go old school or new technology?? Philharmagic would be up there! :cloud9:

DawsonAR
04-11-2009, 09:13 AM
Sounds like so much fun!!!

wdwfansince75
04-11-2009, 11:50 AM
I know you said that you have drawn up the brackets....but may I suggest....How about including some of the past attractions (Horizons, World of Motion, 20,000 leagues, ect), as 16th seeds in each bracket? Might even be interesting to see some of the old favorites put up against their replacements....(Pooh vs Toad....is there any doubt?)....but it's your brackets.....I am sure I will do better with the April Angst than I did with March Madness!

ransam
04-11-2009, 02:03 PM
how do we decide? is this the attracion that best represents Disney? our own personal favorite? the attraction that us, as Disney fanatics would want others to see?
the attraction we'd never be able to miss? etc...
each could have different answers.

DZNYGUY
04-11-2009, 03:39 PM
Okay friends, here is what I got. I uploaded the bracket as it is now to the web and you can view it here:

http://www.611warranty.com/manuals/WDW%20Bracket.pdf

Currently it is a .pdf and is an outside link. That is the only way I can think of to get the bracket accross to all of you.

So...

What do you all think? Before we get it started I will open the floor for opinions on things to be changed, rides to be added or deleted, etc. Basically I ranked all of the attractions in my head and then sorted them as 1-16 seeds. If you don't agree with my seeding it probably won't matter because the best attraction should win anyway!

If this all looks good, then on Monday I will announce the first four matchups for all of us to vote on and we can get started.

Thanks and enjoy!:mickey:

SBETigg
04-11-2009, 05:03 PM
Looks great! You obviously put a lot of thought and work into it. I probably would have ranked Splash Mt. a top seed, but it really doesn't matter. It will all play out well. Kudos!

DZNYGUY
04-13-2009, 08:36 AM
Okay everyone, here we go!

We will start with the upper-left hand corner of the bracket (I wasn't able to think of clever names for the bracket regions, any ideas?!). Between now and the end of the day this coming Wednesday (4/15) let's vote on the following matchups:

1. Tower of Terror Vs. 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
2. Star Tours Vs. Snow White's Scary Adventures
3. The Mad Tea Party Vs. Astro Orbiter
4. Test Track Vs. Liberty Square Riverboat

Just to recap, there may be a bit of confusion on how we all come to the conclusion on the ultimate attraction. This is designed to be an open forum of discussion on why rides are special to you so do not be afraid to make the upset vote, that is what makes it fun. Vote with your heart and have fun! :mickey:

The link for the bracket is here: http://www.611warranty.com/manuals/WDW%20Bracket.pdf

SBETigg
04-13-2009, 09:18 AM
Maybe you could name the bracket regions after Disney characters? Like the Mickey Region, etc? Just a thought. I thought about naming after park areas but that's confusing because they're not regionally-based match-ups. Also, it might be better to post each bracket region as a new poll? Easier to keep track of voting, perhaps?

Venus0880
04-13-2009, 09:44 AM
This looks really great. Where do I vote?

wdwfansince75
04-13-2009, 10:12 AM
Do we vote here? If so, my votes are for:
ToT, ST, Tea Cups (by whatever name you choose), and TT....
Gee....went with the higher seeds!

20,000 was a great ride in its day, and may get some upset votes....but the special effects were minimal....Consider it 1st gen Imagineering....ToT is at least 4th gen....
AO was a great way to cap our day in the park, back when the lines really were short after the parade.....great views of the fireworks, if the timing was right.....but the lines today never seem to shorten. I have strong memories of rides with my kids, years ago....but more recently, have had lots of rides with GK's...so it gets the nod today.

DZNYGUY
04-13-2009, 10:22 AM
I like your idea for naming the brackets after characters. I will update it soon!

As for voting, making a poll seems to be pretty complicated, so yes let's vote inside the thread just like we have started. Every couple of days we will open a section of the bracket and I think it would be best if in your post you just typed:

Etc. and I will tally the votes!

DZNYGUY
04-14-2009, 12:26 PM
Okay everyone, here we go!

We will start with the upper-left hand corner of the bracket (I wasn't able to think of clever names for the bracket regions, any ideas?!). Between now and the end of the day this coming Wednesday (4/15) let's vote on the following matchups:

1. Tower of Terror Vs. 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
2. Star Tours Vs. Snow White's Scary Adventures
3. The Mad Tea Party Vs. Astro Orbiter
4. Test Track Vs. Liberty Square Riverboat

Just to recap, there may be a bit of confusion on how we all come to the conclusion on the ultimate attraction. This is designed to be an open forum of discussion on why rides are special to you so do not be afraid to make the upset vote, that is what makes it fun. Vote with your heart and have fun! :mickey:

The link for the bracket is here: http://www.611warranty.com/manuals/WDW%20Bracket.pdf

Even though this is my bracket, I think I should still be allowed to vote! So here are my picks for the first four matchups:

1. Tower of Terror
2. Star Tours
3. Mad Tea Party
4. Test Track

I think that the mad tea party is one that could really go far in this competition. Like Dumbo, this is one of those rides that you just HAVE to do even if there are others you like more!

lockedoutlogic
04-14-2009, 12:34 PM
1. Tower
2. Snow White (Star Tours is disgraceful)
3. Tea Party
4. Test Track

Scar
04-14-2009, 01:51 PM
1. Tower
2. Snow White (Star Tours is disgraceful)
3. Tea Party
4. Test TrackProxy

SBETigg
04-14-2009, 02:03 PM
1. Tower of Terror
2. Star Tours
3. The Mad Tea Party
4. Test Track

Master Gracey
04-14-2009, 02:25 PM
Wow this should be fun. Great idea DZNYGUY. My picks are

1. Tower of Terror
2. Star Tours
3. The Mad Tea Party
4. Test Track

I like Splash to make the final 4, but we'll see when we get there.

Mousemates
04-14-2009, 02:43 PM
1. Tower of Terror
2. Snow White's Scary Adventures
3. Astro Orbiter
4. Test Track

wdwfansince75
04-14-2009, 04:13 PM
Okay, I stuck my oar in the water before you gave the format...But I am part Irish, so maybe I get two votes!

Here are my selections in your format:

1. Tower of Terror
2. Star Tours
3. Mad Tea Party
4. Test Track

maxrebo77
04-14-2009, 04:57 PM
1, Tower of Terror
2. Star Tours (even though it is time to do some changes)
3. Mad Tea Party
4. Liberty Square Riverboat (Test Track just never lived up to it's hype for me)

Great Idea, What Fun!

DZNYGUY
04-14-2009, 06:45 PM
With one day left in the voting it looks like we have one matchup that is pretty close!

The forum seems to be split on Star Tours Vs. Snow White. Make sure you get your votes in, the winner of this matchup will be going against either Tower of Terror or 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea!

dmosher
04-15-2009, 05:53 AM
I would have to say:
1) Tower of terror
2) Snow White
3) Astro Orbiter
4) Test Track

I know, some unpopular choices, but what can i say i am a sucker for some strange stuff!
D

MizMissy
04-15-2009, 02:13 PM
Still voting?

1. Tower of Terror
2. Snow White
3. Astro Orbiter
4. Test Track

Giggy
04-15-2009, 07:51 PM
Technically it is now Thursday in Britain, however I am guessing we are going by one of the timezones over the US for this game. So my votes are below:

1. Tower of Terror
2. Snow White's Scary Adventures
3. Astro Orbiter
4. Test Track

cinderellagrl
04-15-2009, 09:54 PM
I hope I'm not too late!
1. Tower of Terror
2. Star Tours
3. The Mad Tea Party
4. Test Track

I LOVE THESE KIND OF POLLS!

DZNYGUY
04-17-2009, 09:33 AM
After a compelling first round the results have been finalized! It appears that the seeds have been set properly as after the end of the voting Star Tours and Snow White were in a dead heat! Ultimately, to finalize who won the tie breaker I decided that the most fair way to decide would be to make the voting of the INTERCOT member with the most posts over the history of the forum's vote be the deciding factor. Because of this, Star Tours eeked through to the next round.

For the next round the attractions open for voting are as follows:

1. TTA (People Mover) Vs. The Hall of Presidents
2. Toy Story Mania! Vs. It's Tough to be a Bug
3. Lights! Motors! Action! Vs. The Country Bear Jamboree
4. Spaceship Earth (Classic) Vs. Mr. Toad's Wild Ride

I am excited to see how this will all play out! Like the NCAA tournament this should get more heated as time goes on! For example, if the #1 and #2 seeds move on to the Elite 8 in the 'Goofy' region we will be debating between Expedition Everest and Space Mountain! Should be fun! Voting for the matchups above will end at 8:00a CST Monday morning. Have a magical day! :mickey:

An updated version of the bracket can be found here: http://www.611warranty.com/manuals/WDW%20Bracket.pdf

SBETigg
04-17-2009, 10:07 AM
Well done! Loving this so far. Thanks for doing it.

Next:

1. TTA (People Mover)
2. Toy Story Mania!
3. Lights! Motors! Action!
4. Spaceship Earth (Classic)

wdwfansince75
04-17-2009, 10:32 AM
1. TTA
2. TSM
3. CBJ
4. MTWR

Daddy Mouse
04-17-2009, 10:38 AM
I missed voting ugh! For the second round:

1. The Hall of Presidents
2. Toy Story Mania
3. The Country Bear Jamboree
4. Spaceship Earth (Classic

cjdami
04-17-2009, 11:12 AM
1. TTA
2. Toy Story Mania
3. Country Bear Jamboree
4. Spaceship Earth

I like reading and participating in these!!

cinderellagrl
04-17-2009, 11:21 AM
1. TTA (People Mover)
2. Toy Story Mania!

MizMissy
04-17-2009, 11:34 AM
1. TTA (People Mover)
2. Toy Story Mania!

Giggy
04-17-2009, 07:42 PM
1. TTA (people Mover)
2. It's Tough to be a Bug (Having not seen TSM)

DZNYGUY
04-18-2009, 01:48 PM
After a compelling first round the results have been finalized! It appears that the seeds have been set properly as after the end of the voting Star Tours and Snow White were in a dead heat! Ultimately, to finalize who won the tie breaker I decided that the most fair way to decide would be to make the voting of the INTERCOT member with the most posts over the history of the forum's vote be the deciding factor. Because of this, Star Tours eeked through to the next round.

For the next round the attractions open for voting are as follows:

1. TTA (People Mover) Vs. The Hall of Presidents
2. Toy Story Mania! Vs. It's Tough to be a Bug
3. Lights! Motors! Action! Vs. The Country Bear Jamboree
4. Spaceship Earth (Classic) Vs. Mr. Toad's Wild Ride

I am excited to see how this will all play out! Like the NCAA tournament this should get more heated as time goes on! For example, if the #1 and #2 seeds move on to the Elite 8 in the 'Goofy' region we will be debating between Expedition Everest and Space Mountain! Should be fun! Voting for the matchups above will end at 8:00a CST Monday morning. Have a magical day! :mickey:

An updated version of the bracket can be found here: http://www.611warranty.com/manuals/WDW%20Bracket.pdf

For this one, I am going to throw my hat into the ring for:

1. Tomorroland Transit Authority (bummed it will be down for my honeymoon in July!
2. Toy Story Mania (so much fun!)
4. Spaceship Earth

GoBlueLacheta
04-19-2009, 12:17 PM
1.TTA
2.TSM
3.CBJ
4.Spaceship Earth*

I'd like to make a protest against Mr. Toad's Wild Ride's 15 seed. I believe it should have gotten a little better spot than that. Shaaaame on the selection committee.:mickey:

maxrebo77
04-19-2009, 03:57 PM
1. TTA
2. TSM
3. CBJ
4. SE classic (this was a toughie though, as I would have picked Mr. Toad over many others.):confused:

DZNYGUY
04-20-2009, 11:17 AM
After the second round we have our first upset! In a surprising feat the #10 Country Bear Jamboree overtook the #7 Lights! Motors! Action! Old fashioned Disney sentiment for a classic attraction overtook explosions and car chases! Good luck to Country Bear Jamboree in the next round as it draws the #2 seed Spaceship Earth!

For this round, the matchups are as follows:

1. Soarin Vs. World of Motion
2. Ellen's Energy Adventure Vs. Peter Pan's Flight
3. The Haunted Mansion Vs. Muppet Vision 3-D
4. Splash Mountain Vs. Horizons

When I first showed this bracket to my sister in law I got an earful about the fact that I put muppetvision up against the haunted mansion! That is her favorite attraction and The Haunted Mansion is no competitor to be scoffed at! Use the forum as a medium to make a case for any attractions you have a soft spot for to try to win over some votes! We love upsets!

In an effort to speed the early rounds along, voting for this round will end at the end of the day on Tuesday, April 21st so get those votes in!

Have fun voting and have a magical day! :mickey:

GoBlueLacheta
04-20-2009, 01:31 PM
1. Soarin'
2. Peter Pan's Flight
3. Muppet VIson 3D ~ Very tough matchup
4. Splash Mountain

maxrebo77
04-20-2009, 01:57 PM
!. Soarin' (WOM was one of my faves though)
2. Peter Pan (a Must Do)
3. HM (ditto)
4. Horizons (bring it back)

Had to give all 4 of these some thought.

KatrinaJ91
04-20-2009, 02:41 PM
Some of these are tough!
1. Soarin'
2. Peter Pan (although we love Ellen!)
3. Haunted Mansion - I agree this is not a fair matchup! :)
4. Splash Mountain

Can't wait to see the results! :mickey:

wdwfansince75
04-20-2009, 03:21 PM
Soaring
Peter Pan
HM
Splash....in a tight one....Horizons deserved a better seed!

DZNYGUY
04-20-2009, 04:48 PM
I agree, some of these matchups are a little rough!

Wait until we get to the final rounds though...I forsee matchups between splash mountain and the haunted mansion, kilamanjaro safaris vs. pirates, everest vs. space mountain, etc.

Those are going to be tough!

Giggy
04-20-2009, 08:20 PM
1. Soarin
2. Peter Pan's Flight
3. The Haunted Mansion
4. Splash Mountain

Giggy's Review

1 was difficult for me, having not been on either of these rides. I have been to WDW 3 times; 1998, 2001 and 2004. Neither ride were about at this time. I was going to abstain from this first showdown but decided that could start a bad pattern. The point is to select one attraction from each showdown and this could lead down a dangerous path so I propose now answers such as "I like them both too much to choose" are banned. it defeats the purpose of the game

2 took me a while to think, Peter Pan got the nod in the end as it's a classic.

3 The Haunted Mansion is one of my favourite rides of this type (dark rides?) so i felt obliged to give it the vote.

4 couldn't not be Splash Mountain. Horizons was from what I remember pretty cool, especially the option to choose an ending so it is unfortunate that it happened upon such competition so early on. However Splash Mountain is epic. It is one of the best examples of a combination of thrills, storyline and anamatronics.

MizMissy
04-21-2009, 10:26 AM
1. Soarin
2. Peter Pan's Flight
3. The Haunted Mansion
4. Splash Mountain

As far as my opinion goes, I vote Splash Mountain to take the whole thing!! Thrill plus dark ride ... the ultimate Disney ride!:number1:

Mousemates
04-21-2009, 10:30 AM
TTA (People Mover)
Toy Story Mania!
The Country Bear Jamboree
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride

DZNYGUY
04-21-2009, 12:56 PM
After the second round we have our first upset! In a surprising feat the #10 Country Bear Jamboree overtook the #7 Lights! Motors! Action! Old fashioned Disney sentiment for a classic attraction overtook explosions and car chases! Good luck to Country Bear Jamboree in the next round as it draws the #2 seed Spaceship Earth!

1. Soarin Vs. World of Motion
2. Ellen's Energy Adventure Vs. Peter Pan's Flight
3. The Haunted Mansion Vs. Muppet Vision 3-D
4. Splash Mountain Vs. Horizons

When I first showed this bracket to my sister in law I got an earful about the fact that I put muppetvision up against the haunted mansion! That is her favorite attraction and The Haunted Mansion is no competitor to be scoffed at! Use the forum as a medium to make a case for any attractions you have a soft spot for to try to win over some votes! We love upsets!

In an effort to speed the early rounds along, voting for this round will end at the end of the day on Tuesday, April 21st so get those votes in!

Have fun voting and have a magical day! :mickey:

1. Soarin' (In my opinion this is the #1 overall seed, I am VERY interested to see how such a great ride will hold up against the most loved of disney classic attractions....)
2. Peter Pan's Flight. I love Ellen's energy adventure. Typically it is empty enough that you can get almost an entire row of those GIANT people movers, making this ride very relaxing. It is extra great because of this in Epcot which requires A LOT of walking.
3. The Haunted Mansion - Disney classic
4. Splash Mountain. As it has already been expressed in the forum, this attraction has the potential to make a run to the final four!

Greenlawler
04-21-2009, 01:59 PM
1. Soarin
2. Peter Pan's Flight
3. The Haunted Mansion
4. Splash Mountain

DZNYGUY good work on your brackets. I have been hosting the Disney March Madness Tournaments like this for the past couple of years. Last year I had a 64 villain tournament for the ulitimate villain....(The Snow White Evil Queen knocked off Hook in the finals) just like you they were seeded and I had 4 regions Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Pluto.
This year my tournament is still going on this year its Disney Animated Classics. We are currently in the last matchup of round 3 as I have taken every Disney animated classic and seeded them. You can go to the games section to vote, right now Jungle Book vs. Pinocchio is active.
Anyways good luck on your tounament,

DZNYGUY
04-22-2009, 10:24 AM
It looks like this round was pretty straightforward. Not too much drama for the last four matchups. Sounds like people are disappointed that Horizons and Muppetvision are knocked out, but I guess that is the way it goes. Remember, if you love an attraction be the voice and speak out for the attraction you love! You never know who's mind you could change! :thumbsup:

For the next round, here are the matchups:

1. Mickey's Philharmagic Vs. The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
2. Turtle Talk! With Crush Vs. Tomorrowland Indy Speedway
3. The Great Movie Ride Vs. Primeval Whirl
4. Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Vs. Body Wars

Voting for this round will end at the end of the day tomorrow (Thursday) so get those votes in and as always, have a magical day! :mickey:

In case you wanted to take a look at the bracket again, it can be found here: http://www.611warranty.com/manuals/WDW%20Bracket.pdf

wdwfansince75
04-22-2009, 10:49 AM
Okay, time to show some bias. You have a competition between two attractions I wouldn't even put in the top 64, and you have a competion in this round between 2 of my personal favorites....wish I could vote as follows:
1. Mickey's Philharmagic
3. The Great Movie Ride
3. Primeval Whirl
4. Rock 'n' Roller Coaster

Toss it out if you must, but I haven't done Indy in over 10 years, and walked out of Crush the only time I bothered to try it....Love both 3's...refuse to choose! Humor an old man, and a long time WDW fan.....

KatrinaJ91
04-22-2009, 11:18 AM
Ok...this round wasn't so tough to choose (except #3)!

1. Mickey's Philharmagic
2. Turtle Talk! With Crush
3. The Great Movie Ride

I do like the Whirl, but GMR is so a must for us every time we go! Philharmagic is def one of my favorite newer rides....we usually do it at least twice each trip!! :mickey:

Venus0880
04-22-2009, 11:25 AM
I thought this was a pretty good round. Here's my choices.

1. Philharmagic
2. The Speedway
3. The Great Movie Ride
4. Rock n' Roller Coaster

I don't really care for either of no. 2, but the Speedway has more nostalgia for me.

Greenlawler
04-22-2009, 11:30 AM
1. Mickey's Philharmagic: DW's ultimate favorite
2. Tomorrowland Indy Speedway: my kids love it
3. Primeval Whirl: the most underated attraction should school the most over-rated. I love the dark rides but come on the GMR is a ride that is in major need of a refurb. If it were a classic I could understand it not being updated, but its not. Frankly its just not Disney enough for my taste. Do I sound bitter? I guess it goes back to the first time I rode it and we waited for an hour and a half for something I had high hopes for.

Mousemates
04-22-2009, 11:40 AM
1. Mickey's Philharmagic
3. The Great Movie Ride

Floridian Yeti
04-22-2009, 12:07 PM
Great idea!

1. Mickey's Philharmagic
- I do like the Carpets, but Philharmagic is great!

- totally a piece of cake, dude.

3. Primeval Whirl
- underrated ride -- I'm one of those people who love the whole Dino-Rama thing

- a top ten WDW attraction

MizMissy
04-22-2009, 03:28 PM
Okay, this round was fairly easy for me.

1. Mickey's Philharmagic
3. The Great Movie Ride
4. Rock 'n' Roller Coaster (my kids' mostest favoritest coaster.)

DZNYGUY
04-23-2009, 09:23 AM
It looks like this round was pretty straightforward. Not too much drama for the last four matchups. Sounds like people are disappointed that Horizons and Muppetvision are knocked out, but I guess that is the way it goes. Remember, if you love an attraction be the voice and speak out for the attraction you love! You never know who's mind you could change! :thumbsup:

For the next round, here are the matchups:

1. Mickey's Philharmagic Vs. The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
2. Turtle Talk! With Crush Vs. Tomorrowland Indy Speedway
3. The Great Movie Ride Vs. Primeval Whirl
4. Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Vs. Body Wars

Voting for this round will end at the end of the day tomorrow (Thursday) so get those votes in and as always, have a magical day! :mickey:

In case you wanted to take a look at the bracket again, it can be found here: http://www.611warranty.com/manuals/WDW%20Bracket.pdf

I thought this round was pretty simple as well. My votes:

1. Mickey's Philharmagic
2. Turtle Talk! With Crush (dude)
3. The Great Movie Ride

Giggy
04-23-2009, 12:06 PM
1. Mickey's Philharmagic
2. Tomorrowland Indy Speedway
3. The Great Movie Ride

Giggy's Review

1. Mickey's Philharmagic got bonus points for Donald Duck having a major role. I like the Magic Carpet ride but there are four dumbo-style rides in WDW.

2. Another difficult one for me where I have not ridden either of these rides. Turtle Talk was opened after my last visit so I have not had a chance, though it sounds an interesting concept. The speedway I have just not gone on in the past, however the fact the queue is normally quite long suggests the ride itself is doing something right. It seems to be a big hit with young kids and has stood the test of time in being at Magic Kingdom so long. I will vote the Speedway on the grounds it is arguably a classic and happens to be losing this faceoff.

3. An unusual decision for me, as a major adrenaline junkie. Though I do enjoy the shows and dark rides at Disney a lot (and they are what makes it stand out above its rivals) it is unusual for me to choose a dark ride over a roller coaster. Neither rides are the standout 'do or die' ride in their respective park for me, though I do enjoy both. Great Movie ride gets the nod on the grounds it stands more clear in my memory, though that may just be because I have ridden it 3 times rather than just one for Primeval Whirl.

4. This was less difficult, not because I had anything against Body Wars (in fact Ienjoyed it) but simply because Rock 'n' Roller Coaster deserves to get further than the 1st round.

DZNYGUY
04-24-2009, 09:35 AM
At the conclusion of this round, we are done with the first round of the left side of the bracket! We have had some good matchups, but looking forward to the second round I forsee some heated debate over future voting, there are some close matchups!

A special note for the last round: both Rock 'n' Roller Coaster and Mickey's Philharmagic were the undisputed champions of their respective matchups. Considering how close the matchup between Turtle Talk and the Indy Speedway were, it looks like Mickey's Philharmagic is poised for an upset of Turtle Talk in the next round...we'll see!

For the next round the voting will be for the following matchups:

1. Expedition Everest Vs. Festival of the Lion King
2. Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress Vs. The Enchanted Tiki Room (Under New Management)
3. Jungle Cruise Vs. Honey I Shrunk the Audience
4. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad Vs. Flights of Wonder

Make sure to get those votes in early! This round will end quicker than others. The votes will be tallied Saturday morning so there is only one day to vote.

The updated bracket can be found here:

Happy Voting!:mickey:

Greenlawler
04-24-2009, 09:59 AM
1. Expedition Everest
2. The Enchanted Tiki Room (Under New Management): While not as good as the original still way better than CoP
3. Jungle Cruise
4. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

4 EASY ONES

Mousemates
04-24-2009, 10:14 AM
1. Expedition Everest (sigh....even without an active yeti)

2. Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress (catchy song, no annoying birds)

3. Jungle Cruise (jumping elephants after nightfall)

4. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (good, but DL has a much better queue.)

Venus0880
04-24-2009, 11:32 AM
I didn't have to think twice about any of these choices (finally.)

1. Everest
2. Carousel of Progress
3. Jungle Cruise
4. Big Thunder

wdwfansince75
04-24-2009, 01:30 PM
And from me...four of my favorites:
EE
CoP
JC
BTMRR

KatrinaJ91
04-24-2009, 02:33 PM
I love this....so much fun!

1. Festival of the Lion King - This was a HARD one for me! I love EE, but I have been in live theater productions and know the excellence of the performers in FLK.
2. Carousel of Progress - it's an oldie but goodie
3. Jungle Cruise - corny jokes and all!
4. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad - my whole family's fav ride in WDW :number1:

Can't wait to see the results!!

Floridian Yeti
04-24-2009, 03:33 PM
1. Expedition Everest
For a yeti, an obvious choice.

2. Enchanted Tiki Room (Under New Management)
Not such an easy pick due to Gilbert Gottfried mellifluous tones at high decibel level, but still had to pick the Tikis...though COP is great for a 15 minute sans-sandals air-conditioned nap.

3. Jungle Cruise

(Though I do like Flights of Wonder very much).

GothMickey
04-24-2009, 03:50 PM
Everest
COP
Jungle Cruise
BTMR

PopeCharming
04-24-2009, 11:17 PM
Expedition Everest
Carousel of Progress
Jungle Cruise
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

maxrebo77
04-25-2009, 03:19 AM
1. EE (although I will humm LK songs in line)
2. COP
3. JC
4. FOW

Giggy
04-25-2009, 08:16 AM
It is 13:10 here in England, I think it's about 8:10am in Florida right now so I will sneak in at the last minute again.

1. Festival of the Lion King
2. Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress
3. Honey I Shrunk the Audience

Giggy's Review

1. I expect to be in the vast minority here and if i had ridden Everest myself I would probably give it my vote. However it only seems fair to stick with what I know, so despite the fact EE gets rave reviews and looks like a ride i will enjoy when I eventually ride it I will have to go with the one I know and like.

2. I'm not a hater of the new management version of the tiki room, in fact I never saw the original so can't do the negative comparisons which put people off the new one. I just happen to really like Carousel of Progress so it gets my vote.

3. Tricky one as I like both of them about the same, Honey I Shrunk the Audience may just edge it for me though for the effects.

4. Has to be Big Thunder Mountain, it's one of the Magc Kingdom Mountains and it would be a crime for it not to reach round 2.

KatrinaJ91
04-26-2009, 11:44 AM
when are the next picks? :confused:

DZNYGUY
04-26-2009, 10:48 PM
I'm sorry all, I was out of town this weekend. The new picks will be up first thing tomorrow morning (CST). Thanks for your patience!

DZNYGUY
04-27-2009, 08:23 AM
Moving right along! Here are the matchups for this round:

1. It's a Small World Vs. Journey Into the Imagination (New)
2. Kali River Rapids Vs. Stitch's Great Escape
3. Mission Space Vs. Alien Encounter
4. Space Mountain Vs. Finding Nemo - The Musical

In order to keep things moving, let's have the voting end at 7:00 CST tomorrow, about 24 hours, so get those votes in!

You can find an updated version of the bracket here: http://www.611warranty.com/manuals/WDW%20Bracket.pdf

Have a magical day!:mickey:

Mousemates
04-27-2009, 08:29 AM
1. It's a Small World
2. Kali River Rapids
3. Alien Encounter
4. Space Mountain

GoBlueLacheta
04-27-2009, 01:03 PM
1. It's a small world
2. Stitch
3. Alien Encounter
4. Space Mountain

hokies4life
04-27-2009, 02:21 PM
This is such a great idea! I wish I had seen this sooner so I could have joined in before. I'll just be fashionably late :thumbsup:.

1. Journey Into the Imagination (New)
2. Kali River Rapids
3. Mission Space
4. Space Mountain

1. I like the Imagination ride. I know I'm in a minority but I just love the cute little banter between figment and the chairman.
2. It was a hard choice between Kali and Stitch. I don't enjoy getting soaked, but compared to that chili dog smell I would take the water any day.
3. This was a hard choice too. But AE scared me to death, and Mission Space just gives me a little headache. So it gets the advantage.
4. This was the easiest decision. The Nemo show was so hyped up and we were first in line on this past trip. I thought it wasn't very good. Space Mountain is a classic and it definitely beats out Nemo.

:chipdale:

MizMissy
04-27-2009, 03:28 PM
1. It's a Small World
2. Kali River Rapids
3. Mission Space?:sick:
4. Space Mountain

No. 3 is a hard vote for me because I can't/won't do simulators.

KatrinaJ91
04-27-2009, 07:50 PM
So glad you're back!

Some of these picks were a little tough...

1. It's a Small World - my dad's favorite ride...although I do like figment! :figment:
2. Kali River Rapids - so much fun even tho you get soaked!! :swim:
3. Mission Space Vs. Alien Encounter - I have never done either, I think I would have liked Alien Encounter though, so I will give it my vote
4. Finding Nemo - The Musical :dory: - we loved this and I am probably in the minority that feels SM is wildly overrated... :blush:

SBETigg
04-27-2009, 08:02 PM
1. It's a Small World
2. Kali River Rapids
3. Mission Space
4. Space Mountain

wdwfansince75
04-28-2009, 08:19 AM
This one was easy!

1. It's a Small World
2. Kali River Rapids
3. Mission Space
4. Space Mountain

Giggy
04-28-2009, 10:52 AM
I'll sneak in late again...

1. It's a Small World
2. Kali River Rapids
3. Mission Space
4. Space Mountain

And I think that is the first time I have gone for the higher seed in each battle.

Giggy's Review

1. I know the new version of Journey Into the Imagination isn't popular with everyone, I have no issue with it to be honest. However It's a Small World is one of the classic rides people think when they think Disney. I haven't actually been on it since 2001 however as when we went in 2004 it was clsoed.

2. Again I have no problem with Stitch, although some on here don't like it. In fact (excluding monorail, etc) it is the last ride I went on. In 2004 just before leaving for the airport on our last day a CM said we were allowed on one of the showing's of Stitch before it opened, which was a very nice gesture. However Kali River Rapids is for me one of the big attractions to animal kingdom, so it has to get my vote this time.

3. This one was more difficult, I have been on each one once, Alien Encounter 1998 and Mission Space 2004. Mission Space gets my vote this time because from a technical point of view it is very impressive.

4. No contest, I haven't been to the Finding Nemo Musical so can't comment on it, however Space Mountain is one of my favourites and one of the 3 mountains at MK. As I said with Big thunder it would be a crime for this to not get past Round 1.

Venus0880
04-28-2009, 10:59 AM
Ok, I'm a little late. I hope my picks are still valid.

1. It's a Small World
2. Kali River
3. Alien Encounter
4. Space Mtn

Thanks!:)

DZNYGUY
04-28-2009, 11:01 AM
In this round, all of the favorites were winners but one of them came down to a tie breaker again. After I voted (didn't get a chance to post my votes, advantage of running the tournament!) there was a tie between Alien Encounter and Mission Space. As we had previously estalbished, the vote of the most senior INTERCOT member is the tie breaker. Because of this, Mission Space edged out Alien Encounter.

1. Pirates of the Caribbean Vs. Gran Fiesta Tour
2. Walt Disney World Railroad Vs. Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor
3. Dinosaur Vs. Tom Sawyer Island
4. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh Vs. Voyage of the Little Mermaid

Like the last round, we are going to close the voting tomorrow morning, so get those votes in!

hokies4life
04-28-2009, 12:27 PM
1. Pirates of the Caribbean
2. Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor
3. Dinosaur
4. Voyage of the Little Mermaid

1. Ok this is not a hard decision at all. The new Gran Fiesta Tour is cute and all with searching for Donald, but Pirates definitely beats it out. No contest.
2. This is a little tougher. Monster's is newer, but hilarious the couple times I've been to it. And the Railroad is a classic. But the last time I was on it people didn't consider it a ride and just talked the whole time so you couldn't enjoy the spiel over the thunderous sound of all the talking. I think I'll have to vote Monster's. At least there people pay attention.
3. Tom Sawyer Island is beautiful and we're making a point of going over there on our next trip since we didn't get to it earlier this month. But saying that I think I would pick Dinosaur over it because while its a good place to relax, I like riding the rides alot more most of the time.
4. Another no contest for me. I really don't like the pooh ride. I miss Mr. Toad. I am a Little Mermaid lover and have been since I was like 3 and first saw the movie. The show isn't as good as it could be I think but all the effects make it really nice.

KatrinaJ91
04-28-2009, 04:00 PM
Next round.....

1. Pirates of the Caribbean (may I just say "duh")
2. Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor - very funny
3. Dinosaur (love this ride)
4. Voyage of the Little Mermaid - I also love Pooh, but I miss Mr Toad as well....love the Mermaid though!

Who does everyone think will take the whole thing?? Any predictions?

DZNYGUY
04-28-2009, 04:20 PM
When I originally set this up I thought to myself that Soarin' would be the ultimate winner. It is tough to say though. I have been surprised by some of the votes so far. I don't disagree with anyone's logic, but rides that I thought were blowouts have had some tough times....very interesting!

MizMissy
04-28-2009, 06:06 PM
Guess I'll be a little bit of a contrarian:

1. Pirates of the Caribbean (easy)
2. Walt Disney World Railroad (for the purist, Walt LOVED railroads)
3. Tom Sawyer Island (I like Dinosaur ride, but the Island is more original to me.)
4. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (tough call, but my kids love pooh more than little mermaid)

Giggy
04-28-2009, 08:27 PM
2. Walt Disney World Railroad
3. Dinosaur
4. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh

Giggy's Review

1. I have not seen the newest version of either of these, however Pirates of the Carribean was always really good. So good they made 3 movies about it in fact.

2. Has to be the Walt Disney World Railroad and I'm a bit disappointed to see this one struggling. For me it is a special ride as it is the first ride I ever went on, riding it around to Mickey's Toontown Fair. this has since become a tradition for us on our first day in the parks. Also as was just pointed out Walt loved his trains. :train:

3. For what it is Tom Sawyer Island is a good attraction, well maitained and creative. However Dinosaur is a very impressive thrill ride and so gets my vote.

4. If nothing else because Mr Toad's Wild Ride has a very determined fanbase who may decide to shun The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. I'll try and protect it. :blush:

DZNYGUY
04-29-2009, 08:33 AM
In this round, all of the favorites were winners but one of them came down to a tie breaker again. After I voted (didn't get a chance to post my votes, advantage of running the tournament!) there was a tie between Alien Encounter and Mission Space. As we had previously estalbished, the vote of the most senior INTERCOT member is the tie breaker. Because of this, Mission Space edged out Alien Encounter.

1. Pirates of the Caribbean Vs. Gran Fiesta Tour
2. Walt Disney World Railroad Vs. Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor
3. Dinosaur Vs. Tom Sawyer Island
4. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh Vs. Voyage of the Little Mermaid

Like the last round, we are going to close the voting tomorrow morning, so get those votes in!

For this round, my votes are:

3. Dinosaur
4. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh

Daddy Mouse
04-29-2009, 09:00 AM
3. Dinosaur
4. Voyage of the Little Mermaid

I have missed quite a bit! Here are my picks

Venus0880
04-29-2009, 09:38 AM
1. POTC
2. The Railroad
3. Tom Sawyer
4. Winnie the Pooh

DZNYGUY
04-29-2009, 10:42 AM
The competition continues with Pirates of the Caribbean, The Walt Disney World Railroad, Dinosaur, and Winnie the Pooh moving on! Only one more round to go and then we will be voting to decide which attraction makes it to the sweet 16!

For this round, the matchups are:

1. The Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular Vs. The American Idol Experience
2. Dumbo the Flying Elephant Vs. Walt Disney: One Man's Dream
3. Buzz Light Year's Space Ranger Spin Vs. The Seas With Nemo and Friends
4. Kilimanjaro Safaris Vs. Swiss Family Treehouse

To move this along we will conclude the voting again tomorrow morning. After this round we will be adding some time to the voting process for more people to be able to get their votes in and campaign for some tougher matchups. Trust me, they are coming!

The link for the updated bracket is here:

Happy voting!

Mousemates
04-29-2009, 11:09 AM
1. The Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular
2. Dumbo the Flying Elephant
3. Buzz Light Year's Space Ranger Spin
4. Kilimanjaro Safaris

Greenlawler
04-29-2009, 02:38 PM
4. Kilimanjaro Safaris

SBETigg
04-29-2009, 03:18 PM
4. Kilimanjaro Safaris

KatrinaJ91
04-29-2009, 04:01 PM
Some of these are a little tougher...

1. The Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular - I actually haven't seen AI yet, but LOVE Indy

2. Walt Disney: One Man's Dream - I figure Dumbo will win, but we really like walking thru and seeing all the wonderful pictures and items

3. The Seas With Nemo and Friends - much more to do there....but Buzz rocks as well!

4. Kilimanjaro Safaris can't beat the animals

MaxPower
04-29-2009, 06:11 PM
Indy cannot be beat.

Minnie97
04-29-2009, 08:05 PM
I think it would be fun!!:thumbsup::mickey:

Minnie97
04-29-2009, 08:09 PM
Soarin, Space mountian ,BigThunder Mountian and Splash Mountian.

DZNYGUY
04-29-2009, 11:02 PM
The competition continues with Pirates of the Caribbean, The Walt Disney World Railroad, Dinosaur, and Winnie the Pooh moving on! Only one more round to go and then we will be voting to decide which attraction makes it to the sweet 16!

1. The Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular Vs. The American Idol Experience
2. Dumbo the Flying Elephant Vs. Walt Disney: One Man's Dream
3. Buzz Light Year's Space Ranger Spin Vs. The Seas With Nemo and Friends
4. Kilimanjaro Safaris Vs. Swiss Family Treehouse

To move this along we will conclude the voting again tomorrow morning. After this round we will be adding some time to the voting process for more people to be able to get their votes in and campaign for some tougher matchups. Trust me, they are coming!

The link for the updated bracket is here:

Happy voting!

For this round my votes are for:

4. Kilimanjaro Safaris

Giggy
04-29-2009, 11:44 PM
2. Walt Disney: One Man's Dream
4. Kilimanjaro Safaris

Giggy's Review

1. The Indiana Jones show has always been interesting to watch. I've never really followed American Idol myself and haven't been to this one. So I'll go with what I know.

2. This is an interesting matchup, the first is a classic hugely popular Walt Disney ride whereas the second is a tribute to Walt himself. I will go for the latter due to its informative content, though I think Dumbo will win this battle.

3. I haven't seen The Seas since Nemo et al. were added. However the Buzz Lightyear ride is one I may leave with bragging rights as I normally get a reasonable score on this ride and other similar ones. It gets my vote for making me feel good about myself. :mickey:

4. Swiss Family Treehouse is impressive and imaginative, however Kilimanjaro Safari - though a nightmare for me to spell - has for us been one of the big rides at Animal Kingdom. When visiting Animal Kingdom we start off there before it gets too hot so that the animals are more lively. Every time I've been on there however poachers have broken in. We do catch them every time and the chase is fun but if they want to keep the animals safe maybe they should tighten up security a bit - we might not be so lucky next time! :blush:

hokies4life
04-30-2009, 09:36 AM
4. Kilimanjaro Safaris

1. Haven't been to AI and don't plan on going. Advantage, Indy.
2. I think the One Man's Dream exhibit is cool but I think I would have to pick Dumbo.
3. Now that we've figured out how to get into Living Seas without riding the Nemo ride, I don't think we'll be riding it much anymore. I vote Buzz. So much better and exciting with the competition.
4. KS gets my vote. Its enjoyable no matter what time of day, but I think the tree house is better enjoyed at night.

DZNYGUY
04-30-2009, 09:59 AM
Good call about the treehouse!

I never really thought about it, but when I read your post I thought about what it is like during the day vs. at night and night is a lot better!

Floridian Yeti
04-30-2009, 11:16 AM
I haven't seen AI, but feel quite confident that I won't like it if I ever do see it, which is doubtful unless I'm forced.

2. Walt Disney: One Man's Dream
Love this one, reminds me of Sunday evenings as a child watching Walt on TV.

3. The Seas With Nemo and Friends
Not a fan of the Buzz attraction.

4. Kilimanjaro Safaris
I like the treehouse...biggest diorama ever, but...it's rather static, isn't it?

Floridian Yeti
04-30-2009, 11:19 AM
Every time I've been on there however poachers have broken in. We do catch them every time and the chase is fun but if they want to keep the animals safe maybe they should tighten up security a bit - we might not be so lucky next time! :blush:

heh heh, I like it!:)

DZNYGUY
04-30-2009, 06:48 PM
The first round of the Walt Disney World Ultimate Attraction bracket is complete! 32 attractions have been eliminated and now the heat starts to get turned up on deciding which attraction will be labeled as the ultimate attraction!

As the rounds move forward, I anticipate the voting to be much closer and much more heated. There have already been some upsets and there are surely more to come! In the previous round of voting we were one vote away from a #3 over #14 seed upset!

Here we go! For this round, the voting will be between the following attractions:

1. Tower of Terror Vs. Star Tours
2. The Mad Tea Party Vs. Test Track
3. TTA Vs. Toy Story Mania!
4. Country Bear Jamboree Vs. Spaceship Earth

As we go further into the voting, the rounds will stay open for longer periods of time to allow more people to get their votes in, but make sure you still get yours in quickly to make sure you don't miss the bus!

As always the updated bracket can be found here:

Have a magical day! :mickey:

wdwfansince75
04-30-2009, 08:23 PM
Some of my favorites!
Tower of Terror
Test Track
Toy Story MM
and finally, Space Ship Earth....

sorry to see TTA and Star Tours out this early....

KatrinaJ91
04-30-2009, 08:54 PM
Wow....causing some controversy in this mouse house!! This is so much fun though...

1. Star Tours - my fam are huge Star Wars fans and we love this ride! We made it to the SW weekends last June....tons of fun!!

2. Test Track - OMG....this was so hard! Teacups are so classic and one of our favs, but Test Track is so fun too! agh...this is getting hard!!

3. Toy Story Mania! - another toughie...we love the Peoplemover to relax after a long day in the park

4. Spaceship Earth - I like the backwards part best! :cloud9:

estein80
04-30-2009, 10:10 PM
So my dh and I are really bummed that we didn't find this earlier, but we are excited to get in on it now.

1. Tower of Terror

2. Test Track

3. Toy Story Mania

4. Spaceship Earth

SBETigg
04-30-2009, 10:16 PM
1. Tower of Terror
2. Test Track
3. Toy Story Mania!
4. Spaceship Earth

Lakin
04-30-2009, 10:18 PM
This is a good idea!

1. Tower of Terror. . . I have never been a Star Wars fan.

2. Test Track. . . very difficult decision to make, for the teacups are a classic, but Test Track is quite thrilling. Even though the teacups are classic, they get boring after a while. Sorry, Mad Tea Party!

3. Toy Story Mania. . . no competition.

4. Spaceship Earth. . . I really don't like either attraction, but I like Spaceship Earth a tad better.

hokies4life
04-30-2009, 11:22 PM
Oh boy this is going to be hard.

1. Tower of Terror
2. The Mad Tea Party
3. Toy Story Mania!
4. Spaceship Earth

1. ToT has the high adrenaline factor, and Star Tours is kind of getting out dated. I think the theming at Star Tours is well done but I think it over all needs an update. I vote ToT because of its awesome theming of a 20s (?) hotel and the nice updates to the ride of random drop sequences.
2. Hmm, So I like Mad Tea Party with its classic value and the fun factor of trying to spin the cup as fast as I can. With TT it is a good ride but lately seems to be going downhill, whether due to its shaky sponsor future or what but I have been hearing a lot more complaints lately about it not working correctly. I think I vote Tea Party.
3. The TTA is one of my favorite rides of MK. I love the view it gives you of tomorrowland and some of the views you can get from there of the castle. But between the two I have to pick TSM after having ridden it on our past trip. I think though that if I hadn't ridden it yet I would have gone with TTA. I think TSM has an awesome concept of combining the 3D movies with a shooting game ride.
4. CBJ is a show I will go to each time I'm at MK, but I think it needs something to make it more popular. I feel like most people don't appreciate it like they should. So I think I vote for SSE. I was questionable about the update but I think it works well. I like the Rome burning smell that they had taken out before, and I think the little computerized ending is tons of fun.

DZNYGUY
05-01-2009, 10:29 AM
The first round of the Walt Disney World Ultimate Attraction bracket is complete! 32 attractions have been eliminated and now the heat starts to get turned up on deciding which attraction will be labeled as the ultimate attraction!

As the rounds move forward, I anticipate the voting to be much closer and much more heated. There have already been some upsets and there are surely more to come! In the previous round of voting we were one vote away from a #3 over #14 seed upset!

Here we go! For this round, the voting will be between the following attractions:

1. Tower of Terror Vs. Star Tours
2. The Mad Tea Party Vs. Test Track
3. TTA Vs. Toy Story Mania!
4. Country Bear Jamboree Vs. Spaceship Earth

As we go further into the voting, the rounds will stay open for longer periods of time to allow more people to get their votes in, but make sure you still get yours in quickly to make sure you don't miss the bus!

As always the updated bracket can be found here:

Jost so everyone knows, the voting for this one will end around 4:00pm CST TODAY. If you have not voted yet, make sure you get your votes in. These votes decide the first four sweet sixteen teams!

My votes:

1. Tower of Terror
2. The Mad Tea Party
3. TTA
4. Spaceship Earth

DZNYGUY
05-01-2009, 10:35 AM
***IMPORTANT NOTE***

In regards to the current round of voting, several of you have notes that you love the changes that have been made to spaceship earth. It is important to to note that the voting for this round is taking the CLASSIC version of spaceship earth against the country bear jamboree. If this changes your vote, make sure you make a post stating that you would like your vote changed. If not, please ignore this message.

Happy Voting! :mickey:

Giggy
05-01-2009, 12:07 PM
1. Tower of Terror
2. Test Track
3. Tomorrowland Transit Authority
4. Spaceship Earth

Giggy's Review

1. It's the TOWER OF TERROR, what more reason do you want? Startours is a good attraction but the Tower of Terror is going to take some beating.

2. A tough one here, a well loved classic versus one of Epcot's finest. The thrill factor just gave Test Track the edge here.

3. I was expecting this to be a close one when I saw it. Toy Story Mania is the new ride with rave reviews while TTA seems to be the best loved classic on Intercot. Having not been in Toy Story Mania I have stuck with the ride I know, although when I next go I am sure TSM will be one I really enjoy. As the new ride I can see this winning the whole game, though if Tower of Terror gets through it will face very stiff competition in the next round!

4. The showpiece of Epcot and pretty much what Future World is all about.... This has nothing to do with me being creeped out by the talking animal heads when I was 8 on Country Bear Jamboree! :blush:

MizMissy
05-02-2009, 10:43 AM
1. Tower of Terror
2. Test Track
3. Toy Story Mania!
4. Spaceship Earth

Easy voting this round (although I do love TTA, for a nice relaxing ride to rest my weary feet - TSM is amazing).

DZNYGUY
05-02-2009, 11:38 AM
Okay, we have our first 4 sweet sixteen teams! The winners this round were:

Tower of Terror
Test Track
Toy Story Mania
Spaceship Earth

Moving forward from here, in every round there will be at least one attraction that gets eliminated that someone has an emotional attachment to! This round, for me, it was the TTA. Sorry to see it go, it is one of The Magic Kingdom's best! Going up against Toy Story Mania is tough though!

1. Soarin' vs. Peter Pan's Flight
2. The Haunted Mansion vs. Splash Mountain
3. Mickey's Philharmagic vs. Turtle Talk! With Crush
4. The Great Movie Ride vs. Rock 'n' Roller Coaster

There is one matchup this round that I think is going to be pretty interesting...I think you know which one I mean.

Get your votes in! The voting for this round will end at 4:00CST on Monday!

SBETigg
05-02-2009, 11:49 AM
This is getting tough! Some big favorites facing off.

1. Soarin'
2. Splash Mountain
3. Mickey's Philharmagic

Lakin
05-02-2009, 12:01 PM
1. Soarin' . . .no competition.
2. I cannot choose!!! Both are unique in their own way and I can't choose! :(
3. Mickey's Philharmagic . . . I love both rides, but nothing can beat Mickey's Philharmagic.
4. The Great Movie Ride . . .I hate Rock n' Rollercoaster.

wdwfansince75
05-02-2009, 01:30 PM
It had to come down to this! It hurts to vote against old friends!
Soaring
Splash Mtn...Never saw the fireworks from HM.. (You're not leaking our votes to the ghosts, are you? I may regret this on my next ride.)
Mickey's Philharmagic
and RnRC...

Giggy
05-02-2009, 07:30 PM
1. Peter Pan's Flight
2. Splash Mountain
3. Mickey's Philharmagic

Giggy's Review

1. Again I am voting against a ride I will probably like when I try it. However I maintain it wouldn't be fair to vote for a ride I haven't tried ahead of a ride I have tried and enjoyed.

2. Horrible decision to have to make, Haunted Mansion is probably my favourite of the dark rides. However I have to vote Splash Mountain, it is a ride which has everything: suspense, anamatronics, music and a very big drop. Has to be one of the favourites to win the whole thing.

3. Again this a case of going with what I know, plus Philhamagic would get bonus points for heavy inclusion of Donald Duck. :donald:

4. One of the first rides we head for when we go to MGM - it was MGM when I last visited so I can still call it that - Rock n Roller Coaster gets my vote here.

dmosher
05-02-2009, 07:48 PM
Here are my votes! Go Peter go!!!

1. Peter Pan's Flight
2. The Haunted Mansion
3. Mickey's Philharmagic
4. The Great Movie Ride

D

KatrinaJ91
05-02-2009, 09:13 PM
My stomach hurts over this one! :ill: I feel so guilty voting against some of my favs...but here goes!

1. Peter Pan's Flight - I love Soarin', but the way Peter Pan flies you over the city and lets you look down on the action makes it special!

2. The Haunted Mansion - we never miss this one and have skipped SM on a couple of occasions

3. Mickey's Philharmagic - I love the music!!

4. Rock 'n' Roller Coaster - one of my favs, although the rest of the fam voted for GMR. too bad....I'm the one typing! :blush:

maxrebo77
05-03-2009, 09:59 AM
1. Soarin'. Only I am more picking a park than an attraction. Peter is a Must Do at MK, however I have had to chose between going to MK or Epcot, and I go to Epcot (maybe my age is showing)
2. Splash Mt. I changed my mind at least a dozen times one this one. I love the HM, but Splash at night is hard to beat.
3. Mickey's Phil. Turtle Talk is very well done and clever, but there is no real comparison here (again my age) Sorry dude.
4. RnR Coaster. This one was easy for me.

hokies4life
05-03-2009, 03:54 PM
1. Soarin'
2. The Haunted Mansion
3. Mickey's Philharmagic

1. Ok, so I love the Peter Pan ride. :peter: Even with the long lines I always ride it each trip. Fiance and I even stood in the stand by line last time we were there. But I think I have to go to Soarin'. I think the idea is done so well and it really makes you feel like you are flying. I think it does need its TLC but I have heard grumblings of a new movie coming so that will probably take care of it.
2. This is such a hard decision. But I vote for Haunted Mansion. Splash Mountain is a classic and a great attraction, but I really don't like getting wet. Unless I am in the mood for it, I don't don't like it. :nono: Haunted Mansion was my favorite for such a long time and I always loved the theming of it. Seeing as how I have the ghost host speech memorized I think I'll have to go with that.
3. Definitely Mickey's Philharmagic. This was the one show that DFiance could not stop talking about. He thought it was such a good show and done in such good quality. Turtle Talk is a good concept and I like how the technology works and makes it a cool interactive show. But I think its geared more towards kids and right now, for me, it can't get my vote. Besides I love that apple pie smell. Can't beat that. :donald:
4. Oh boy, these are such hard decisions. GMR is such a great ride and being the movie lovers that DFiance and I are, we love seeing the old movie scenes and seeing the movie montage at the end. But between the two I think I vote for RnRC. The take off is awesome and it just gives you such an adrenaline rush that it gives a leg up on GMR. :rocker:

estein80
05-03-2009, 11:30 PM
1. Soarin'
2. Haunted Mansion (Though, I do have to say that seeing the fireworks from the Splash Mountain is pretty cool.)
3. Mickey's Philharmagic
4. Tower of Terror (IMHO, this is the best roller coaster anywhere. I love everything else going on. It's not just a metal frame, like so many of the others.)

PopeCharming
05-04-2009, 12:09 AM
Soarin'
Splash Mountain
Turtle Talk! with Crush
Great Movie Ride

Mousemates
05-04-2009, 09:06 AM
1. Peter Pan's Flight
2. Splash Mountain
3. Mickey's Philharmagic

Little Round Bale
05-04-2009, 10:23 AM
:mickey: Tough round

Peter Pans Filght
The Haunted Mansions
Mickeys Philharmagic
The Great Movie Ride

This is hard. Love the Rock n' Roller Coaster.

:mickey:

DZNYGUY
05-04-2009, 11:13 AM
Okay, we have our first 4 sweet sixteen teams! The winners this round were:

Tower of Terror
Test Track
Toy Story Mania
Spaceship Earth

Moving forward from here, in every round there will be at least one attraction that gets eliminated that someone has an emotional attachment to! This round, for me, it was the TTA. Sorry to see it go, it is one of The Magic Kingdom's best! Going up against Toy Story Mania is tough though!

1. Soarin' vs. Peter Pan's Flight
2. The Haunted Mansion vs. Splash Mountain
3. Mickey's Philharmagic vs. Turtle Talk! With Crush
4. The Great Movie Ride vs. Rock 'n' Roller Coaster

There is one matchup this round that I think is going to be pretty interesting...I think you know which one I mean.

Get your votes in! The voting for this round will end at 4:00CST on Monday!

This is a tough round. Easily the toughest one so far! Be sure to get your votes in by 4:00 today. My votes:

1. Soarin'
2. The Haunted Mansion (this was the tough one!)
3. Mickey's Philharmagic

Greenlawler
05-04-2009, 01:44 PM
1. Peter Pan's Flight
2. The Haunted Mansion
3. Mickey's Philharmagic

MizMissy
05-04-2009, 02:04 PM
1. Peter Pan's Flight (classic)
2. Splash Mountain (heartbreaking to vote against HM,:( but Splash is the ultimate WDW ride in my opinion :number1: - although I think both HM and SM should be in the finals).
3. Mickey's Philharmagic

pluto 77
05-04-2009, 04:18 PM
1. Peter Pan's Flight
2. Splash Mountain
3. This was a tough but I went with ickey's Philharmagic... I just love the smells!!

DZNYGUY
05-05-2009, 11:00 AM
Big round this week!

The attraction that is the #1 seed overall (in my planning/guestimations) was almost eliminated from the tournament. Soarin' eeked by Peter Pan at the very end. This one came down to a tie breaker.

The one matchup that I KNEW would be close was Splash Mountain vs. The Haunted Mansion. Sure enough, they were only separated by one vote, but Splash Mountain is moving on to the sweet 16!

The next round (and all of the ones moving forward) should be just as close. Here are the matchups:

1. Expedition Everest Vs. The Carousel of Progress
2. The Jungle Cruise Vs. Thunder Mountain Railroad
3. It's a Small World Vs. Kali River Rapids
4. Mission Space Vs. Space Mountain

Get your votes in and campaign for your attractions as always! The updated bracket can be found here:

MizMissy
05-05-2009, 11:12 AM
YAY! for Splash Mountain!:party:

My next picks:
1. Expedition Everest (great theme - the que, the ride, the (non-working Yeti)
2. Thunder Mountain Railroad (another favorite, except for the que)
3. It's a Small World (I know, lots of people don't like this ride, but it is a classic. And, I think Kali River Rapids is too short and too wet - I skipped it the last two trips).
4. Space Mountain (another classic - beside, personally, Mission Space :sick:)

maxrebo77
05-05-2009, 04:04 PM
1. EE
2. BTMRR
3. IaSW
4. SM

PopeCharming
05-05-2009, 04:10 PM
1. Expedition: Everest
2. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
3. It's A Small World
4. Space Mountain

SBETigg
05-05-2009, 05:32 PM
1. Expedition Everest
2. Thunder Mountain Railroad
3. It's a Small World
4. Space Mountain

KatrinaJ91
05-05-2009, 07:45 PM
This round was actually an easy one for me! After last round, I'm glad!!

1. Expedition Everest - I enjoy CoP, but EE is amazing in every way.
2. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad- once again, I like Jungle Cruise, but BTMRR is our FAV!
3. It's a Small World - the ultimate classic, I hate being THAT wet all day anyway :(
4. Space Mountain - another classic, although we rarely ride it anymore - I agree with a pp MS makes me :sick:

DZNYGUY
05-06-2009, 01:52 PM
Big round this week!

The attraction that is the #1 seed overall (in my planning/guestimations) was almost eliminated from the tournament. Soarin' eeked by Peter Pan at the very end. This one came down to a tie breaker.

The one matchup that I KNEW would be close was Splash Mountain vs. The Haunted Mansion. Sure enough, they were only separated by one vote, but Splash Mountain is moving on to the sweet 16!

The next round (and all of the ones moving forward) should be just as close. Here are the matchups:

1. Expedition Everest Vs. The Carousel of Progress
2. The Jungle Cruise Vs. Thunder Mountain Railroad
3. It's a Small World Vs. Kali River Rapids
4. Mission Space Vs. Space Mountain

Get your votes in and campaign for your attractions as always! The updated bracket can be found here:

For this round my votes are for:

1. Expedition Everest
3. Kali River Rapids
4. Space Mountain

I am going to end the voting for this round tomorrow morning, so get your votes in!

Giggy
05-06-2009, 03:27 PM
1. The Carousel of Progress
3. Kali River Rapids
4. Space Mountain

Giggy's Review

1. I'd expect this to be a tough one if I had been on boh, however I'm going to go with the one I know again.

2. Jungle Cruise is fun, however up against one of the MK mountains then I have to go with the mountain.

3. As i think I said before Kali River Rapids is one of the must do rides for us at Animal Kingdom and is going to get my vote.

4. Tough one, both are rides I enjoyed a lot and even share a theme (Space). In terms of ultimate attraction i will go with Space Mountain as a classic ride which people instantly associate with Disney.

Mousemates
05-07-2009, 08:43 AM
1. Expedition Everest
2. The Jungle Cruise
3. It's a Small World
4. Space Mountain

Venus0880
05-07-2009, 09:04 AM
Ah, I've missed too many rounds. Oh well, here goes...

1. COP
2. Thunder Mtn
3. It's a Small World
4. Space Mtn

DZNYGUY
05-07-2009, 11:25 AM
Keep Moving Forward!

On we go to the next round. That round was pretty one sided in almost every matchup. The winners for this round were:

Expedition Everest
Thunder Mountain Railroad
It's a Small World
Space Mountain

Moving forward, the matchups for this round are:

1. Pirates of the Caribbean Vs. The Walt Disney World Railroad
2. Dinosaur Vs. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
3. The Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular Vs. Dumbo the Flying Elephant
4. Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin Vs. Kilimanjaro Safaris

Get your votes in! Voting for this round will end at 4:00p CST tomorrow.

As always, the updated bracket can be found here:

SpecJoe Magic
05-07-2009, 11:46 AM
2. Dinosaur
3. Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular
4. Kilimanjaro Safaris

hokies4life
05-07-2009, 12:35 PM
2. Dinosaur
3. Dumbo the Flying Elephant
4. Kilimanjaro Safaris

Don't really have time for my thoughts due to an anatomy exam, but here are my votes.

:chip::dale:

wdwfansince75
05-07-2009, 02:50 PM
2. Dinosaur
3. Indiana Jones (which would have lost to any of the other 6 choices in this bracket)
4. Kilimanjaro Safaris

Giggy
05-07-2009, 02:50 PM
1. The Walt Disney World Railroad
2. Dinosaur
4. Kilimanjaro Safaris

Giggy's Review

1. The pirates are great and i would dare tell any of the pirates otherwise. However as Walt Disney World Railroad was the first ride I went on at WDW I feel obliged to defend it.

2. Interesting one here; one is a dark ride and so is one of Disney's old party tricks. The other is a hybrid between one of these and a thrill ride. I went for the latter on the grounds of being versatile.

3. The one I'm voting for here I voted against in the previous round, the one I'm not voting for I did vote for in the last round. Tough one but Dumbo just edges it as a classic.

4. Two very different rides and in fairness I like both a lot. However a morning at Animal Kingdom starts with Kilimanjaro Safari. Someone has to be there to save Big Red and Little Red!

SBETigg
05-07-2009, 02:52 PM
2. Dinosaur
3. The Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular
4. Kilimanjaro Safaris

MizMissy
05-07-2009, 03:16 PM
2. Dinosaur
3. The Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular
4. Kilimanjaro Safaris

ehhh....I could live or die without any of these except maybe POTC and the Railroad ... but as POTC is more specifically an attraction, I voted for it.

maxrebo77
05-07-2009, 04:45 PM
1. POC
2. Dino (but I am a big Pooh fan)
3. Dumbo
4. Safari (but I am a Planetary Pilot)

KatrinaJ91
05-07-2009, 08:08 PM
ok...here we go!

1. Pirates of the Caribbean - can't beat Jack Sparrow!
2. Dinosaur
3. Dumbo the Flying Elephant - classic Disney
4. Kilimanjaro Safaris - Walt loved nature and feel this would have been something he would have done himself and loved :mickey:

Greenlawler
05-07-2009, 09:49 PM
2. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
4. Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin

DZNYGUY
05-08-2009, 09:44 AM
Keep Moving Forward!

On we go to the next round. That round was pretty one sided in almost every matchup. The winners for this round were:

Expedition Everest
Thunder Mountain Railroad
It's a Small World
Space Mountain

Moving forward, the matchups for this round are:

1. Pirates of the Caribbean Vs. The Walt Disney World Railroad
2. Dinosaur Vs. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
3. The Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular Vs. Dumbo the Flying Elephant
4. Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin Vs. Kilimanjaro Safaris

Get your votes in! Voting for this round will end at 4:00p CST tomorrow.

As always, the updated bracket can be found here:

The last round before the final of the sweet sixteen get voted in!

Here are my votes:

2. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
4. Kilimanjaro Safaris

Venus0880
05-08-2009, 10:28 AM
This was a touch one. I kind of felt I was choosing the one I disliked the least.

1. POTC (naturally)
2. Winnie the Pooh (more "classic" to me)
3. Dumbo (don't care for either)
4. Buzz lightyear (more fun than the Safari)

Sorry If that sounded negative. I guess these just aren't my favorites (except POTC).

Mousemates
05-08-2009, 08:25 PM
Pirates of the Caribbean

Dinosaur

Dumbo the Flying Elephant

Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin

DZNYGUY
05-09-2009, 10:15 AM
On we go and now it starts to get REALLY interesting! For some, I imagine it will be devastatingly interesting! Haha....It will be inevitable that some real Disney favorites get eliminated this round, but that is how a competition goes! The winners from the last round are:

Pirates of the Caribbean
Dinosaur
Kilimanjaro safaris

The next round will decide 1/2 of the final 8 attractions:

1. Tower of Terror Vs. Test Track
2. Toy Story Mania! Vs. Spaceship Earth (Classic)
3. Soarin' Vs. Splash Mountain
4. Mickey's Philharmagic Vs. Rock 'n' Roller Coaster

Wow

Good luck! :mickey:

SBETigg
05-09-2009, 11:41 AM
1. Tower of Terror
2. Toy Story Mania!
3. Splash Mountain

Lakin
05-09-2009, 11:48 AM
1. Tower of Terror. . . Test Track is OK, but I like Tower of Terror better.
2. Toy Story Mania!. . . Spaceship Earth = Boring!
3. Splash Mountain. . . I love Soarin', but I would take Splash Mountain over it.
4. Mickey's Philharmagic. . . You can't beat it!

wdwfansince75
05-09-2009, 02:34 PM
1. Tower of Terror
2. Toy Story Mania!
3. Splash Mountain

Definitely these four deserve to be in Final Four....In fact, would not have been disappointed if these had been the final four!

Mousemates
05-09-2009, 07:07 PM
Tower of Terror
Toy Story Mania!
Splash Mountain
Mickey's Philharmagic

Greenlawler
05-09-2009, 07:21 PM
1. Tower of Terror
2. Toy Story Mania!
3. Splash Mountain
4. Mickey's Philharmagic

KatrinaJ91
05-09-2009, 07:38 PM
Another tough one...had to think awhile! :secret:

1. Test Track - I know ToT will probably win, but we didn't care for it. Loved all the theming, but didn't like the drop part!
2. Toy Story Mania! only did this once so far, but we loved it
3. Soarin' - although SM is also one of our favs
4. Mickey's Philharmagic This was the hardest for me, but we usually see this a couple of times each trip!

:minnie:

Giggy
05-09-2009, 09:25 PM
1. Tower of Terror
2. Spaceship Earth
3. Splash Mountain
4. Mickey's Philharmagic

Giggy's Review

1. A difficult one to justify either way as both are popular thrill rides. I think I will have to give the same answer I gave last round "Because it's the Tower of Terror!"

2. This will be an unpopular vote, however as I've said in previous rounds it doesn't seem fair to vote for a ride I have never done ahead of a ride I have done. Admittedly I did not see the classic Spaceship Earth (first visit 1998) but I have at least seen it in some form.

3. Again I could just put forward the argument that I've been on one ride and know I like it. However in this case Splash Mountain is going to beat most things for my vote. It is a ride which literally has everything.

4. Very difficult decision here and in the process of typing this post I have changed my mind at least once and may do again. Rock n Roller Coaster has for my last two trips been one of my top 2 "go to" rides at the start of the day, second after Tower of Terror. PhilharMagic, though a relatively new ride, pulls off the classic Disney "Mickey/Donald/Goofy" dynamic with a funny and entertaining show, and lots of Donald Duck. The fact that I am writing shows I still haven't decided so right now on the spot I am going to say..... PhilharMagic.

maxrebo77
05-10-2009, 07:58 AM
1. ToT (this was the only easy one)
2. SE (gotta go with the classic, it was like nothing I had ever seen before.)
3. Splash (my first reaction, so I will stick with it)
4. RnRC (this could easily go either way, but I have to go with the coaster girl in me)

MizMissy
05-10-2009, 07:06 PM
1. Tower of Terror
2. Toy Story Mania!
3. Splash Mountain (still my vote for the ultimate ride :number1:)
4. Mickey's Philharmagic (my kids will KILL me over this one - RRC is their favorite coaster, they are complete thrill junkies. But, to me Philharmagic is more DISNEY and I've spent more time watching the kids in the audience (including mine) trying to grab the jewels floating around than the film and that's a very precious memory to me ... so that's my vote)

DZNYGUY
05-11-2009, 10:20 AM
On we go and now it starts to get REALLY interesting! For some, I imagine it will be devastatingly interesting! Haha....It will be inevitable that some real Disney favorites get eliminated this round, but that is how a competition goes! The winners from the last round are:

Pirates of the Caribbean
Dinosaur
Kilimanjaro safaris

The next round will decide 1/2 of the final 8 attractions:

1. Tower of Terror Vs. Test Track
2. Toy Story Mania! Vs. Spaceship Earth (Classic)
3. Soarin' Vs. Splash Mountain
4. Mickey's Philharmagic Vs. Rock 'n' Roller Coaster

Wow

Good luck! :mickey:

Here are my votes for this round!

1. Tower of Terror
2. Spaceship Earth
3. Soarin'
4. Mickey's Philharmagic (this one was tough!)

Mousemates
05-11-2009, 11:02 AM
1. Tower of Terror
2. Toy Story Mania!
3. Splash Mountain
4. Mickey's Philharmagic

KatrinaJ91
05-11-2009, 08:19 PM
When does this round end?

SpecJoe Magic
05-11-2009, 10:35 PM
1. Tower of Terror
2. Toy Story Mania
3. Splash Mountain

Venus0880
05-12-2009, 09:17 AM
1. Tower of Terror (I am so afraid of this ride, but it's still fantatic!)

2. Spaceship Earth (IMO, the Classic Disney attraction)

3. Splash (probably my absolute favorite)

4.Rock n' Roller Coaster (I cannot get enough of the initial take off)

DZNYGUY
05-13-2009, 10:23 AM
Okay, so I waited way too long to end this round! Apologies everyone, this has been a crazy week!

Half of our Elite 8 has been decided! The four winners from this round were:

Tower of Terror
Toy Story Mania!
Splash Mountain
Mickey's Philharmagic

Even though there are no 'dark horse' attractions that are here, it is interesting that the two attractions from the "Donald" region were originally #4 and #6 seeds. Should make for some pretty interesting match ups!

1. Expedition Everest Vs. Thunder Mountain Railroad
2. It's a Small World Vs. Space Mountain
3. Pirates of the Caribbean Vs. Dinosaur
4. Dumbo the Flying Elephant Vs. Kilimanjaro Safaris

Good luck with making up your mind on some of these! As always, the updated bracket can be found here:

Have a Magical Day! :mickey:

SBETigg
05-13-2009, 11:19 AM
1. Expedition Everest
2. Space Mountain
3. Pirates of the Caribbean
4. Kilimanjaro Safaris

MizMissy
05-13-2009, 02:01 PM
Ditto to SBETigg!

1. Expedition Everest
2. Space Mountain
4. Kilimanjaro Safaris

Mousemates
05-13-2009, 03:34 PM
1. Expedition Everest
2. Space Mountain
4. Dumbo the Flying Elephant

wdwfansince75
05-13-2009, 03:57 PM
1. Expedition Everest
2. Space Mountain
4. Kilimanjaro Safaris

Giggy
05-13-2009, 06:51 PM
1. Thunder Mountain Railroad
2. Space Mountain
4. Kilimanjaro Safaris

Giggy's Review

1. Again I'm going to hide behind the answer that I've only been on one of them, so that one deserves my vote. it will be interesting to see how this one goes.

2. Again I'm going for the mountain, we're going to have all 3 mountains in the quarter finals!

3. I wasn't sure here but I felt bad about voting against the pirates in the last round. That and I was scared if I voted against the pirates a second time they would come and get me! :blush: Therefore the pirates get my vote.

4. Two very different rides in this tie. I've gone for Kilimanjaro Safaris as it's a tradition for us to head for that when we enter Animal Kingdom, it's one we can all enjoy as a family.

KatrinaJ91
05-13-2009, 08:07 PM
This round actually wasn't too hard for me....

1. Big Thunder Mountain - we absolutely love this ride .... EE is good, but this one's better!
2. It's a Small World - classic Disney
3. Pirates of the Caribbean - go Jack Sparrow
4. Kilimanjaro Safaris - I know Dumbo is classic as well, but you can find that type of ride at any amusement park. The safaris are much more unique

It's getting exciting now!!

Venus0880
05-14-2009, 09:49 AM
1. Big Thunder
2. Space Mtn
3. Pirates
4. Dumbo (this was a hard choice for me)

Greenlawler
05-14-2009, 01:28 PM
1. Expedition Everest
2. Space Mountain
4. Dumbo the Flying Elephant...(everytime I ride the safari we get sidetracked by poachers and I have to go save some elephant I wish the poachers would just leave the park alone, I mean I have never gotten to enjoy the real ride....)

DeniseMB
05-14-2009, 05:21 PM
1. Thunder Mountain
2. Space Mountain
4. Kilimanjaro Safari
:mickey:

estein80
05-15-2009, 12:06 PM
These are some really hard choices, classic Disney v New. Hmmm...

1. Expedition Everest (Though I will always have a special place in my heart for BTMRR, as it was my first roller coaster.)
2. Space Mountain (Small World is a classic, but if I could only ride one of the two, it would be Space Mountain.)
3. Pirates (Though I prefer the original to today's.)
4. Dumbo

maxrebo77
05-17-2009, 08:56 AM
1. EE (this was hard, but the cool things to look at in the everest line tip the scales in its favor)

2.Space Mt.

3.POC (two more of my favorites, but gotta stick with the classic Pirates over Dino)

4. Safari

DZNYGUY
05-20-2009, 01:27 PM
Our elite 8 has finally been decided! Now it gets really exciting!

This round will turn up the pressure even more and you may find that picking one attraction over another will be extremely difficult!

The matchups for this round are:

1. Tower of Terror Vs. Toy Story Mania
2. Splash Mountain Vs. Mickey's Philharmagic
3. Expedition Everest Vs. Space Mountain
4. Pirates of the Caribbean Vs. Kilimanjaro Safaris

These votes will decide the final four so make sure if you feel strongly about an attraction you make a strong case for it! Voting for this round will end on Saturday morning at 9:00a CST.

Happy voting!:mickey:

Giggy
05-20-2009, 03:18 PM
Guess I'll go first....

1. Tower of Terror
2. Splash Mountain
3. Space Mountain
4. Kilimanjaro Safaris

Giggy's Review

1. A case of voting for the one I know, however Tower of Terror is a good enough ride to not win by default. Plus in my opinion TSM hasn't been around long enough to be the ultimate.

2. Difficult one for me, hate having to vote against Donald Duck but as i said before Splash Mountain is IMO the ULTIMATE wdw attraction.

3. Two popular roller coasters so should be a tough one to call, i can see this going the other way but I'll stick with the ride I've been on.

4. Very little, if anything between these two. Both are good rides that can be enjoyed by the whole family. Going to go with the safari as it's one of our straight away 'go to' rides when we visit Animal Kingdom.

Mousemates
05-20-2009, 04:53 PM
1. Toy Story Mania
2. Splash Mountain
3.Space Mountain
4. Pirates of the Caribbean

wdwfansince75
05-20-2009, 06:04 PM
1. Toy Story Mania
2. Splash Mountain
3. Expedition Everest

KatrinaJ91
05-20-2009, 09:09 PM
I can't wait to see the results!

1. Toy Story Mania
2. Mickey's Philharmagic
3. Expedition Everest

#2 was the only really tough decision for me on this round... I love Splash Mountain as well!! But, Philharmagic is so amazing to me. I love all the music and special effects and it just brings back memories of all the great movies my girls grew up watching. We have never missed going on this ride, no matter what. We have skipped SM though when the lines are too long and we can't get FP. So my vote goes to the sentimental favorite! :smickey:

estein80
05-20-2009, 09:19 PM
Another tough one!

1. Tower of Terror (Though Toy Story Mania is a lot of fun, I don't think I can define it as an ultimate ride, since ToT is a trademark ride.)

2. Splash Mountain (Another trademark ride.)

3. Expedition Everest (Just a better roller coaster IMHO. If I want a coaster in the dark I'm going for Aerosmith.)

4. Pirates of the Carribean (I will forever dream if the original version.)

SBETigg
05-20-2009, 10:20 PM
1. Tower of Terror
2. Splash Mountain
3. Expedition Everest

Venus0880
05-21-2009, 09:43 AM
Ok, here's my choices!

1. Tower of Terror (this is not my fave attraction, but I have not been on TSM. Sorry!)

2. Splash Mtn (hands down the better!)

3. Space Mtn (I could not do without a ride on good ole Space)

4. Pirates (way more re-ridability than safari)

MizMissy
05-21-2009, 02:16 PM
1. Tower of Terror
2. Splash Mountain :number1:
3. Expedition Everest (such a difficult choice for me, but SM really needs updating)

DZNYGUY
05-22-2009, 10:54 AM
Our elite 8 has finally been decided! Now it gets really exciting!

This round will turn up the pressure even more and you may find that picking one attraction over another will be extremely difficult!

The matchups for this round are:

1. Tower of Terror Vs. Toy Story Mania
2. Splash Mountain Vs. Mickey's Philharmagic
3. Expedition Everest Vs. Space Mountain
4. Pirates of the Caribbean Vs. Kilimanjaro Safaris

These votes will decide the final four so make sure if you feel strongly about an attraction you make a strong case for it! Voting for this round will end on Saturday morning at 9:00a CST.

Happy voting!:mickey:

Tough one this round! My votes:

1. Tower of Terror
2. Mickey's Philharmagic (oh man...that was really tough!)
3. Space Mountain (barely!)

Reminder: voting ends tomorrow morning!

maxrebo77
05-22-2009, 02:17 PM
1. tower
2. Splash
3. EE
4. safari

dmosher
05-22-2009, 08:42 PM
OK I vote:
Toy Story Mania
Splash Mountain
Expedition Everest
Pirates of the Caribbean

D

Tigger&Stitch
05-22-2009, 08:45 PM
My vote:

Expedition Everest
Toy Story Mania
Mickey's Philharmagic
Pirates of the Caribbean

Greenlawler
05-23-2009, 09:25 AM
1. Toy Story Mania
2. Mickey's Philharmagic
3. Expedition Everest

DZNYGUY
05-23-2009, 01:43 PM
After weeks of voting the final four has been decided! Everyone here has placed many votes and the final four that have been decided upon for the ULTIMATE Disney attraction are:

Tower of Terror
Expedition Everest
Splash Mountain
Pirates of the Caribbean

I would like to take this opportunity to compliment myself since it seems that my seeding of the attractions was pretty close to accurate! haha, just kidding of course. In the finals there are threee #1 seeds and a #4 seed. I am excited to see who wins!

For this semi-final round, the matchups are:

1. Tower of Terror Vs. Expedition Everest
2. Splash Mountain Vs. Pirates of the Caribbean

Get your votes in! The polls will close for this round early next week. Happy Voting! :mickey:

As usual, the updated bracket can be found here:

Tigger&Stitch
05-23-2009, 05:45 PM
My votes:

1. Expedition Everest
2. Pirates of the Caribbean

dmosher
05-23-2009, 05:51 PM
Expedition Everest
&
Pirates of the Caribbean

D

SBETigg
05-23-2009, 06:59 PM
1. Tower of Terror

Giggy
05-23-2009, 07:19 PM
1. Tower of Terror
2. Splash Mountain

Giggy's Review

1. I was expecting Tower of Terror to go out in the last round, I voted for it and wanted it to progress but I thought that against the new ride it would struggle. It deserves to have got this far and gets my vote again.

2. Splash Mountain is (as I've said before) the ride with everything. Though so far it seems to be taking a bit of a beating in this round. That said whichever ride wins this face-off is the one I see as the likely overall winner. Both are iconic Magic Kingdom attractions with massive fanbases. That said I'd also expect either of the other two semi-finalists to give stiff opposition.

This is going to be close!

Mousemates
05-23-2009, 09:36 PM
Tower of Terror

Splash Mountain

Greenlawler
05-23-2009, 10:49 PM
1. Tower of Terror
2. Splash Mountain

While I love Pirates and EE I could not go against what I feel are the two most well developed entrance to finish rides at Disney.

KatrinaJ91
05-24-2009, 12:19 AM
1. Expedition Everest

Pirates was the tougher decision for me, but as I have said all along......go Jack Sparrow! :pirate:

wdwfansince75
05-24-2009, 07:16 AM
1. Expedition Everest
2. Splash Mountain

Giggy
05-24-2009, 08:39 AM
Both of these are now tied at 4-4!

DZNYGUY
05-24-2009, 09:17 AM
Giggy, I think that your assessment of which attraction will be the overall winner is dead on. As I was looking at the final four yesterday I thought to myself that whichever attraction wins between Pirates and Splash Mountain is going to win it all. I think that one is going to come down to the wire as well. It may go to a tie breaker!

P.S. It IS currently 4-4, but I haven't voted yet. Let's just say that POTC has a slight advantage. :pirate:

estein80
05-24-2009, 09:11 PM
Tower of Terror

Splash Mountain

(Just can't go with PoTC as it is now :sob:)

disneyworld55925592
05-24-2009, 10:15 PM
splash is number 1!! :number1:

Venus0880
05-25-2009, 09:33 AM
Man this is hard....

1. ToT (I have not ridden EE. So I'm terribly sorry to all EE lovers, who might lose due to its "newness."

2. Pirates (ah!! I still don't know how I feel about this one.) I changed my answer twice before deciding upon this one. The only reason I picked Pirates over Splash is because when I was a kid I was terrified of the big drop and would not ride initially. So I see Pirates as a ride EVERYONE in the family can enjoy.

danimator
05-25-2009, 12:28 PM
1 - Philharmagic. Tough call because it's not a 'thrill-ride' or anything, but DW and I just love it so much. I walked in not knowing anything about it except that it was a 3D show, and was blown away every 30 seconds by the sounds, lights, water, smells, everything. Philharmagic is one of the attractions that started my obsession with WDW. :number1:

The rest is a multi-way tie between SM, ToT, HM, EE... *sigh*, too many.

maxrebo77
05-25-2009, 02:58 PM
1. ToT
2. Splash

MizMissy
05-26-2009, 12:22 PM
1. Tower of Terror
2. Splash Mountain

DZNYGUY
05-26-2009, 05:40 PM
After weeks of voting the final four has been decided! Everyone here has placed many votes and the final four that have been decided upon for the ULTIMATE Disney attraction are:

Tower of Terror
Expedition Everest
Splash Mountain
Pirates of the Caribbean

I would like to take this opportunity to compliment myself since it seems that my seeding of the attractions was pretty close to accurate! haha, just kidding of course. In the finals there are threee #1 seeds and a #4 seed. I am excited to see who wins!

For this semi-final round, the matchups are:

1. Tower of Terror Vs. Expedition Everest
2. Splash Mountain Vs. Pirates of the Caribbean

Get your votes in! The polls will close for this round early next week. Happy Voting! :mickey:

As usual, the updated bracket can be found here:

My votes for this penultimate round:

1. Expedition Everest

Get those votes in! Voting for this round will end soon, then it is on to the championship!

last real pirate
05-26-2009, 06:21 PM
1. tot
2. pirates win hands down

Lakin
05-26-2009, 06:26 PM
1. Expedition Everest. . . the greatest roller coaster at Walt Disney World hands down!
2. Splash Mountain. . . I love the music, the theming, the drop, and everything about it!

SpecJoe Magic
05-27-2009, 03:26 AM
1. Tower of Terror- It's still my favorite attraction at WDW.

2. Splash Mountain- This one has at least a little bit of everything that makes for a great attraction.

estein80
05-27-2009, 11:58 AM
My sister in law and I were just talking about possibly doing a family trip in DC and I was looking for things for the younger ones (they'll be 2,3,5 when we go) to do. I found this site. It might help you out.

http://family.go.com/travel/vacations/district-of-columbia/washington/best-washington-dc-vacation-for-preschoolers-282112/?non-default=true

DZNYGUY
05-30-2009, 11:04 AM
The votes have been tallied and the results are in! After weeks of matchups and voting we are down to the final two.

The top two ULTIMATE attractions at Walt Disney World! Think long and hard about this one (if you feel you need to!) because you are voting for the final ULTIMATE Walt Disney World attraction. The championship matchup:

Tower of Terror Vs. Splash Mountain

MizMissy
05-30-2009, 11:19 AM
SPLASH MOUNTAIN!!:number1:

It's been my number one choice since the voting started!

And, Thanks to DZNYGUY - great poll and great job setting up the brackets! This has been fun.

wdwfansince75
05-30-2009, 11:35 AM
Of these two, Splash Mtn....
But the upsets of RnRC, EE, and TSMM put my fourth favorite ride in a position to win it all....kinda like the March Madness of the last few years!

And as with the March Madness of the last few years, I enjoyed each round, even when my picks were eliminated. Great thread....

Maybe next time, we could do a double elimination. as they do with NCAA baseball!

SBETigg
05-30-2009, 01:25 PM
I have to go with Splash Mountain, though these are both worthy choices. Great theming, storyline, execution, and thrills. The addition of animatronics and classic characters put Splash up a notch for me.

This was really fun! Thanks for running it, Dznyguy.

KatrinaJ91
05-30-2009, 02:44 PM
This has been a blast! I definitely have to go with Splash Mountain on this one! :coaster:

ToT is good, but I am a little surprised it made it this far.
Now I can't wait to get there in July and ride all of my fav picks!! :thanks:

:wave:

dmosher
05-30-2009, 06:10 PM
I have to say SPLASH Mountain! While TOT is very cool, the re-ride ability is lacking a bit. I find that it is not an " I have to do this every time" kind of ride, where as Splash Mountain is something I love doing and I see something new every time and that is over many many years.
D

estein80
05-31-2009, 12:53 PM
Splash Mountain

Giggy
05-31-2009, 02:14 PM
Have thought long and hard about this one. Two of my all time favourites and both deserving finalists. However my vote is going to:

Splash Mountain

Giggy's Review

As said a tough one for me as they are both rides up there as my favourites. Both have done well to beat popular new rides in earlier rounds, Splash Moutain taking out Soarin while Tower of Terror managed to knock out Toy Story Mania, a ride i was half expecting to cruise to victory in this competition as it seemed to be a hit. However I'm glad these two reached the final as they are timeless Disney classics.

I have gone for Spash Mountain as an overall winner simply because it is a diverse ride. It is a ride with everything you could want in a Disney ride making it fitting of the title ULTIMATE Disney Attraction. I also think it has a more diverse appeal in terms of guests at the park. That said i am surprised to see it winning by this margin, Tower of Terror is a brilliant ride.

As people have already said, well done for organising this DZNYGUY, I think we have all enjoyed taking part. :mickey:

Greenlawler
05-31-2009, 11:53 PM
Tower of Terror

Both are fab, but really I enjoy the drop ride more than an old timey floom ride.

Sure the bells and whistles of Splash may be better, the attention to detail the songs etc...

but for pure thrills you can not beat the "Tower" plus.....Splash Mountian always breaks down when I ride!

"Anywho" both are deserving.

DZNYGUY
06-01-2009, 01:35 PM
The votes have been tallied and the results are in! After weeks of matchups and voting we are down to the final two.

The top two ULTIMATE attractions at Walt Disney World! Think long and hard about this one (if you feel you need to!) because you are voting for the final ULTIMATE Walt Disney World attraction. The championship matchup:

Tower of Terror Vs. Splash Mountain

Thanks for all of the appreciation for organizing this, truthfully, I think I had the most fun!

My vote for this one is Splash Mountain.

Vote if you have not yet had a chance, we will finalzie the voting in a couple of days!

Lakin
06-01-2009, 02:10 PM
Splash Mountain

Venus0880
06-07-2009, 08:55 AM
SPLASH MOUNTAIN!!! Yay!!!:mickey:

casey@bat
06-07-2009, 09:12 AM
I decided to look at it this way: If I could only ride one of them which one would I choose?

Tower of Terror!

I can visualize Splash in my mind and think about the one big drop. But I cannot get the thrill of ToT with out riding it!

When will you stop the voting?

wdwfansince75
06-07-2009, 03:15 PM
Splash Mtn....
I have reviewed my choices.....Surprised that my selections along the way resulted in this choice....But memories of special times on Splash allows me to cheer the result....would also have applauded any of the following...

PoTC, HM, Soaring, EE, BTMRR, Space Mtn, TSMM....Would not have had ToT in my elite 8, let alone the finals....

bruin1344
06-07-2009, 03:18 PM
splash mountain

PopeCharming
06-07-2009, 03:29 PM
Splash Mountain