PDA

View Full Version : Not so scary halloween party

figment
04-07-2009, 01:24 PM
Are the only people allowed in Magic Kingdom for this party, the ones that have "party" tickets/wristbands?

Any other "need to know" info?

This will obviously be our first time attending a "Disney party" of any sort... so any help would be most appreciated.

tink179
04-07-2009, 02:06 PM
Yes, you're only allowed in the park if you have a wristband for the party that night. It is a hard ticketed event and you have to pay extra to be able to enjoy the special fireworks, parades, etc. If you come through the gate at the time for the party you will get a wristband there, or if you're already at the park that day there will be a designated area starting at a certain time that day where they will be given out. I have only been to the pirate and princess party and this is how it was done, but I did read just last night on a site and this is what it said was done for the Halloween party as well. We'll be there in September and can't wait!

Ms. Darling
04-07-2009, 02:10 PM
When I went they gave us our wristbands at the entrance. Waiting for the fireworks, they also did quick checks that only those with wristbands were present. I think they even checked them on the rides.

dancin Disney style
04-11-2009, 05:33 PM
I've heard that they sell upto 20,000 tickets for these events.

dmosher
04-11-2009, 08:10 PM
MNSSHP works like this. You purchase the ticket ahead of time. Yes it is a hard ticket event, and yes they do check for wrist bands entering the park, shops and rides. There has been much debate on Intercot as to the legality of "sticking around" and "avoiding CM's" if you have not purchased a hard ticket. While this may be possible it is wrong and is not a very honest thing to do. Anyway, I digress. The event is totally worth it, even if you don't have kids. DW and I went last year and even dressed up as Snow White and Prince Charming. Our costumes were so convincing, people asked for pics with us and CM;s complimented us wherever we went. Once little girl even asked her mom why Snow White was in the Haunted Mansion. But honestly, what other time would Snow White get to see the Haunted Mansion but Halloween time? :blush:
With or without kids, MNSSH is so much fun, and the fireworks show alone is worth the additional ticket price.
Take it from me, get a nice costume (comfy and walkable), get your ticket, and hit MK for trick-or-treating, rides (be aware that some rides are not open during this event), character greets and amazing fireworks!
:pipes:
D

marlaine
04-11-2009, 09:12 PM
Which rides aren't open?

CanadianWDWFan
04-11-2009, 09:21 PM
We just extended our Summer trip to leave for home on September 5th instead of the 4th. After all September 4th is the first night of MNSSHP! It would be too good to pass on this one.

We went in October 2007 for Intercot's 10th Anniversary and had a GREAT time. IMHO it is so much better than MVMCP.

After 7:00 we were told that we had to go into Tomorrowland and wait for the party to begin. As for the wristband info. We were asked on numerous occasions to show our wristbands.

joanna71985
04-11-2009, 10:07 PM
Which rides aren't open?

They include the JC, CoP, Tiki Room (I believe), CBJ (I believe), the paddleboat, and the train.

kemps@wdw
04-11-2009, 10:58 PM
The party cost extra, and you do have to have a wristband to stay in the park. Sure, there are those who tried to cheat the system and stay, and I'm sure some of them succeeded. But I was very impressed with the CMs ability to locate and camly remove said cheaters from the park. The fireworks and parade were AWSOME! The parade started next to Splash Mt. The ride of The Headless Horseman that kicked off the parade was way cool! :cool: And there was trick-or-treating for the kids (w/the characters) and the park itself had an eerie Halloween look! All-in-all, well worth the extra $. We won't miss it in the future!:thumbsup:

dmosher
04-12-2009, 02:31 AM
They no longer herd people into Tomorrowland, they simply look for wristbands and guide non-banded guests out of the park gently.
D

DizneyFreak2002
04-12-2009, 12:37 PM
You need to purchase tickets for the halloween after hours party... I have been going the last few years... it is a blast... I don't remember been herded into Tomorrowland last year...

joanna71985
04-12-2009, 02:21 PM
You need to purchase tickets for the halloween after hours party... I have been going the last few years... it is a blast... I don't remember been herded into Tomorrowland last year...

They haven't done the herding-into-Tomorrowland in a few years (they didn't do it for 2006-2008).

CanadianWDWFan
04-12-2009, 03:48 PM
They haven't done the herding-into-Tomorrowland in a few years (they didn't do it for 2006-2008).
They did it to us in 2007. :confused: It did seem silly to us that they needed to do this

dmosher
04-12-2009, 06:36 PM
As weird as the herding thing was, it would help cut down on the unnecessary traffic of people who SHOULD NOT be in the park after the regular time. It is an added task for the CM's to have to check every wrist at each entry and shop as well as trying to courteously ask those who have not paid for the event to leave. I have seen people get very rude to CMs because they were told they had to leave the party.

I get why they did this and sometimes wish they would do it again, just to weed out the non payers; despite the annoyance of standing around in Tomorrowland and waiting.
D

joanna71985
04-12-2009, 09:24 PM
I agree. The keeping Party-People in Tomorrowland for an hour would really help with getting non-party people out of the MK.

Villains0501
04-12-2009, 11:18 PM
Yupp you need a wristband and every now and then a cast member will come up and check if you have one. Hiding in the parks and sneaking into the party was a big problem a couple of years ago, so I've heard they've stepped up security.

dmosher
04-13-2009, 12:20 AM
Yeah, when we were there in Sept last year I spotted them checking a lot. We got our bracelets (and Trick or Treat bags) at the gates around 6:30, and as we passed under the RR, a CM was there looking at people, not blatantly but you could see he was checking wrists out. At each shop/restaurant door there were CM, seemingly "hanging out" and being courteous to guests, but again you could see what they were doing if you knew. The same at each ride that was still active as well. They are definitely cracking down on security recently. They must know that those if us who love these events have no trouble paying for them but get very upset at people who try to "cheat the system". What ever happened to the honor system? Geeezzz....
:pipeS:
D