PDA

View Full Version : Funny Uplifting stories

Stitchahula
04-07-2009, 11:51 AM
Ok I figured with how the world has been recently we need a break from it. So on this thread lets put only funny and uplifting stories, so we can have a giggle or feel good for a second when everything else is just wrong.
I'll start with what my 2 little ones have said/ done this last week. The 22 month old jus got new tigger rain boots. I put him in his playpen 1st thing in the morning went to get his milk, when I came back into the room he had stripped down to just his diaper put his boots on and was dancing around. So very cute eat your heart out naked cowboy. My DS almost 6 yrs old told me the other day mommy I love you so much I would never ever sell you. I didn't even know he had been thinking about it. I think his dad was behind that one.:D

murphy1
04-07-2009, 12:49 PM
Actually recently things seem to be getting better, I think we are going in the right direction. I am an eternal optimist though :)

My 5 yo was eating nachos I made and rolls her eyes in back of her head. She says "These ah the best nachos eva. I'm in heaven!":D

DisneyLandMomma
04-07-2009, 01:27 PM
Cute!!

My DD(10) is a pretty funny kid so she says alot of funny stuff but last week we were really early for Girl Scouts which is across town from us so I told her we were taking a little drive around to kill time. She asked if we were taking a "daddy detour", which my husband is famous for getting us lost. Then she said, "Wait! Do you know where we are going? Can you get us back to where we are going?" I said, "Yes". She said, "Well, then it's not a daddy detour." :funny:

Madame Leona
04-07-2009, 01:35 PM
Our roof started to leak yesterday and we have a big bubble of water behind the paint right in our living room. I called the repairman and my ds (3) says, "Don't do that, Mom. Get me a hammer and a ladder and I'll get that fixed right up." He thinks he needs to take care of the ladies in his life. He says the same kinds of things to my mother. We were supposed to get a big snowstorm this past Sunday, so the day before, he had my mom take him down to her shed and he pushed her snowblower up to her garage for her. It was all his own idea and he wouldn't let her help because he was doing "boy's work."

alphamommy
04-07-2009, 02:45 PM
Does it need to be something that happened recently? I hope not.

This happened a few years ago, when Taco Bell was using "We Will Rock You" in their commercials. DD was about 5 or so, and she was eating a peanut butter sandwich. She was wearing some of it on her cheeks, and I said, "You've go peanut butter on your face, you big disgrace." Without missing a beat, she came back with, "Well, at least I'm not kickin' my can all over the place." :laughing:

I thought I was going to fall out of my chair!

Stitchahula
04-07-2009, 03:46 PM
these are so cute maybe I should've titled this kids say the darnest things.

teambricker04
04-07-2009, 05:05 PM
So funny... totally makes my afternoon :)

After my DS (4yo) got home from preschool one day he proceeded to tell me that a classmate tried to kiss him. I asked him what he said to her... "I told her that kids aren't suppose to kiss other kids. She needed to keep her lips to herself!" I hope he keeps that mantra for a while!!!!

Dulcee
04-07-2009, 05:11 PM
So funny... totally makes my afternoon :)

After my DS (4yo) got home from preschool one day he proceeded to tell me that a classmate tried to kiss him. I asked him what he said to her... "I told her that kids aren't suppose to kiss other kids. She needed to keep her lips to herself!" I hope he keeps that mantra for a while!!!!

Good luck with that one, my nephew is 7 and routinely calls me to update me on his "girlfriend" who sends him love notes home in his backpack...

Tinkermom
04-07-2009, 09:15 PM
So thought I would add a funny story that I heard recently....

Mom was out and Dad was in charge. Two and a half year old Tiffany was playing with one of her favorite toys, her tea set. Daddy was in the living room engrossed in the evening news when cute little Tiffany brought him a tiny tea cup filled with water. After several "cups of tea" and lots of praise for such yummy tea, Mom came home.

Dad said, “Honey, wait right here and watch what Tiffany is doing. It’s the cutest thing.” Mom waited and sure enough, Tiffany came down the hall with another cup of tea for Daddy and she watched him playfully drink it all up.

Then Mom said, “Did it ever occur to you that the only place that Tiffany can reach to get water is the toilet?” …Mothers know!

DisneyLandMomma
04-07-2009, 10:24 PM
:funny: True story.....
The city was working on the water lines outside our house so the water was shut off. My brother came out with a pitcher of kool-aid and my mom didn't think anything about it until she remembered we didn't have water. When she asked where they got the water from, my brother told her the toilet. :sick: They had already drank most of the koolaid. :funny:

Stitchahula
04-09-2009, 09:57 AM
At least his heart was in the right place. I can only imagine what the guys did when they found out where their drinks came from.:sick:

meldan98
04-09-2009, 12:45 PM
I was driving my dd to daycare one day and I was pregnant with my 2nd dd. My dd asked me where baby's came from. She was 4 at the time. I was a little distracted and thrown off by her question at first. I asked her where she thought that they came from. She thought for a second and said, "I know, when you had me in your tummy, I was an angel in heaven waiting for a mommy and daddy, and then I picked you." Now, I had never told her this before, nor had we started going to church yet, so I have no idea where this came from.

Tinkerfreak
04-09-2009, 02:05 PM
When DD was in preschool I used to take her to the local library for story time every wednesday. One day they had a member of the fire department come in to talk about fire safety. When he held up a fire/smoke alarm and asked if anyone knew what it was DD jumped up raising her hand all excited and said "Daddy says it's the dinner bell".:blush: I have to admit I have been known to burn a few dinners and the smoke detector would go off but I guess I never realized how often.

Stitchahula
04-09-2009, 06:21 PM
Oh my god that's too funny. We always used to say the same thing about when the smoke detector went off at my mom's. After a while she took the batteries out.:blush:

tinksmom02
04-09-2009, 09:15 PM
LOVE this thread!

DD6 and I were driving to soccer practice tonight, and I was expaining that I want to go look at a boarding place for the dogs next week, for our Disney trip in Sept. She started telling me they're bad, why, when we're not going until Sept, etc? I explained that if we liked the place, we would acclimate them--first a day visit, then a night visit, etc.

Very seriously, she replies, "Well, if you get a bad report, don't say I didn't warn you."

Magic Smiles
04-09-2009, 09:40 PM
I was driving my dd to daycare one day and I was pregnant with my 2nd dd. My dd asked me where baby's came from. She was 4 at the time. I was a little distracted and thrown off by her question at first. I asked her where she thought that they came from. She thought for a second and said, "I know, when you had me in your tummy, I was an angel in heaven waiting for a mommy and daddy, and then I picked you." Now, I had never told her this before, nor had we started going to church yet, so I have no idea where this came from.

That is definitely something to think about.

Stitchahula
04-10-2009, 12:03 PM

This is what I tell my DS's up until now I thought it was just something I would tell them. Although with my DS (the baby) every time he goes by pictures of 1 of my dogs he starts smiling and acting like he knows her. He doesn't do this with the pictures of our other dog that are right next to Shantara's. Shantara we used to call our older sons nanny because she used to watch over him before she died. I guess she was watching over our other little boy too up in heaven.