PDA

View Full Version : Room requests / late check-in

lawgirl
04-07-2009, 09:34 AM
We're thinking about coming in October for few days. We'll most likely leave Thursday afternoon, and check-n that night...if I request a room, does late check-in affect that request?

Last time I requested a room, and we got our request. But we also had a much earlier check-in. I didn't know how a 8-9 pm check-in will affect where they put us.

Thank you!

Strmchsr
04-07-2009, 09:54 AM
They do room assignments 3-5 days before your arrival, so, in general, it doesn't impact you to check in late. The only time checking in early can be beneficial is if you don't like your room assignment you can see what else is available. Later at night is usually slim pickins.

MNNHFLTX
04-07-2009, 12:46 PM
Late check-in can affect your requests, as front desk cast members do shuffle room assignments around as people arrive. In general, the earlier you are able to check in, the better the chance that the request you are asking for will be met in the remaining available rooms. But if you do check in late and don't like the room assigned to you, you can always ask to be moved, if not that evening then the next day.

See this recent thread for more information:

Flying in late, will we get the leftover rooms?? (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=152619)

TammiMcMan
04-07-2009, 04:13 PM
Our experience with late check-in, is that we never get any of our requests and usually have to move in the morning.

The only rooms that are ever blocked from being re-assigned are those done by medical services. For everyone else, even if you are in a resort that has utilized a pre-assignment system, the room can be changed and given to someone else before you arrive. That's one of the main reasons why they don't allow you to order things and have them waiting in your room.

lawgirl
04-08-2009, 09:37 AM
Thanks for the advice...I've never requested a different room. How does that work exactly? Will they move you the next morning to a different location?

MNNHFLTX
04-08-2009, 10:33 AM
Thanks for the advice...I've never requested a different room. How does that work exactly? Will they move you the next morning to a different location?
When we moved some years back, we actually checked out of the old room in the morning and was assigned a new room based on those that were available (and that we were okay with). We had bell services take our luggage, where it was held until our new room was available. In our case they moved our bags right into the room, but I have heard more recently that some people have had to go back to bell services to claim their luggage later in the day.

dancin Disney style
04-12-2009, 11:41 AM
Yes....as stated checking in late does affect your room assignment. They are assigned a few days prior but on the day of check-in those that arrive early and are not happy with their room are shuffled around. Which in turn affects everyone else after.

If you opt to change rooms the next day it is very simple. Inform bell services immediately and they can pick up and transfer your bags. In most cases it will not even affect whatever you have planned for that day.

TheVBs
04-12-2009, 06:57 PM
If you pay extra for a preferred location, that's at least guaranteed, right?

dmosher
04-12-2009, 07:19 PM
If you pay extra for a preferred location, that's at least guaranteed, right?

Trust me when I say that "nothing is guaranteed". You may get a similar room to what you requested, or you may not, it is up in the air. Rooms are very much first come first served and while yes they are often given days in advance, they are also moved around to accommodate guest requests and changes as well as other issues that may arise.
\My advice is to have a backup of other rooms in case the first one or two you want are not available. Saves the stress of running back and forth to Reception to say yes or no to each room they offer you.
:pipes:
D

TheVBs
04-13-2009, 10:44 AM
Trust me when I say that "nothing is guaranteed". You may get a similar room to what you requested, or you may not, it is up in the air. Rooms are very much first come first served and while yes they are often given days in advance, they are also moved around to accommodate guest requests and changes as well as other issues that may arise.
\My advice is to have a backup of other rooms in case the first one or two you want are not available. Saves the stress of running back and forth to Reception to say yes or no to each room they offer you.
:pipes:
D

Thanks for the info! While we've paid extra for a preferred room, I'm definitely not going to stress if we end up in another building. I probably wouldn't even bother with a move the next day. But I would most definitely want to be reimbursed for the extra we paid for a room type we didn't receive. I would assume they'd take care of that right at check-in?