PDA

View Full Version : Toddler on DP - need park ticket?

tdk316
04-07-2009, 08:43 AM
We're traveling with our 2.5 year old and wondering if he will have to have park ticket(s) to be placed on the dining plan? I know he doesn't need the tickets until he's three, and that he can eat for free until then also, but I don't want to live on french fries and chicken nuggets all week so we're planning on purchasing the dining plan for him. Any help you can give would be appreciated! Thanks!

kakn7294
04-07-2009, 09:04 AM
Until your toddler actually turns 3, you cannot purchase the dining plan for him. You will be able to purchase meals for him at any restaurant and pay OOP or he can share from your plate. Buffets are a good value in this instance because he can eat off of the buffet for free - there is usually a nice little kids' section with offerings like pizza, chicken nuggets, mac 'n cheese, and corn plus he can eat anything off the regular buffet if he's not a picky eater.

Nicki'sMom
04-07-2009, 09:29 AM
We went with our 2.5 year old in 2006 and she is a more sophisticated eater. We had free dining so we did a lot of character dining. We did a lot of the buffets and were able to feed her quite well. The dining plan for kids is horrible IMO...consists of chicken nuggets and unhealthy stuff except for a few places that actually have some adult type options to choose from. When we went to a sit down meal I just made sure to order something I could share with her and it worked out great. Save your money and just feed him or her from your plate or purchase healthy stuff out of pocket. Or better yet, choose buffets and it will be a breeze. Have fun :mickey:

KylesMom
04-07-2009, 09:44 AM
I must mention that many of the buffets have a wonderful fresh fruit selection to choose from, too!

DizneyRox
04-07-2009, 10:33 AM
Of course you can get the dining plan... You tell them they are 3. You will need to buy child tickets in order to get the dining plan. Of course if you're treating your child as a child you should use a park ticket for their park entry as well.

People do the same thing for older kids who don't like the child menu options. You add them as an adult and have to get adult tickets for them.

The key is, you need to play by ALL the rules. Can't not use a park ticket to get them into the park, but still have them on the dining plan. If you do this, you also increase the number of poeple in the room potentially as I think under 3,you are allowed one "freebie". Adding them as a child might now exceed the capacity of the room, depending on what your people/room situation is.

tdk316
04-07-2009, 01:59 PM
Thanks for your replies - we are planning on doing a bunch of buffet character meals so I'm sure he'll be fine. I was feeling weird about him having his own plate from the buffet when we didn't pay for him, but I guess Disney says it's ok so who am I to complain! :mickey:

kakn7294
04-07-2009, 02:02 PM
Thanks for your replies - we are planning on doing a bunch of buffet character meals so I'm sure he'll be fine. I was feeling weird about him having his own plate from the buffet when we didn't pay for him, but I guess Disney says it's ok so who am I to complain! :mickey:Don't worry, you'll pay enough for him in the future! ;)