PDA

View Full Version : Moderate Resort Suggestions

KevMcNJ
04-06-2009, 11:12 PM
Our last visit is two months in the rear view so I figure its time to start looking into possibilites for our 2010 visit

Im assumig we will stay in a moderate resort.

We did POFQ last time so think the bride will want to try something new next time

So tell me about Coronado Resort and the Caribbean Beach resorts

We like epcot and MK so thats where we spend the bulk of our visit. Also we dirve down so we dont need to worry about busses.

We like quiet and the wife likes hot tubs

Oh look 100 posts:D

CaptSmee
04-07-2009, 12:08 AM
Both are very good choices for a moderate resort. Coronado Springs has a little less Disney feel to it. Both are large centralized with transportation available to get you around the resort. Coronado Springs has a better food court and better sit down restaurant as well. They are both located on the same road and take about the same amount of time to get to and from the parks.

buzz2001
04-07-2009, 05:32 AM
CSR is my family favorite! I don’t know if it will work for you but pick which resort theme you like best and which resort amenities meet your family's needs. Also, check out my CSR website below for updated info and pics.

Here is just some quick info on CSR.

CSR has newly renovated rooms (about half done as of 3/2009) and queen beds (only mod to offer them).

A terrific main pool area that includes a 123 ft slide (2nd largest at WDW), kiddie pool, arcade, playground, sand volleyball court, hot tub (largest on WDW property), a bar, and snack bar (very good food for CS).

Reliable transportation that is not shared with other resorts, 4 resort stops and quick rides to all the parks. CSR has the closest bus stops to the park entrances too (first stop at DHS and MK)!

Other amenities you may be looking for in a resort.

Only moderate to offer suites.

A spa, salon, tanning beds, a lap pool and fitness center (free to its guests).

Full menu room service, expensive though.

Central air, flat panel TV’s and WiFi available.

Rix Lounge – a dance club voted most trendy bar in Orlando.

A business center with computer access.

Wrigley
04-07-2009, 08:44 AM
We have stayed at both resorts, and hands down prefer CBR! I love the relaxed "Caribbean" atmosphere-it's very colorful and beautiful. It's a very quiet resort that is great for strolling around and just taking everything in. We also think that the food court is wonderful-I didn't care for the food court at CSR. I hear from others that the new pool is great as well-we will be there in Oct to check it out for ourselves! I don't think you can wrong with CBR!:mickey:

RedSoxFan
04-07-2009, 09:04 AM
We loved CBR too. The rooms were clean --- we had a Nemo room. The grounds were beautiful and it was a nice walk to the food court every morning. My kids loved the pool too. The food court was good. Can't comment on the sit down restaurant as we did not eat there. We would stay there again; but with the preferred room to be closer to Port Royale.

MNNHFLTX
04-07-2009, 09:04 AM
I much prefer Coronado Springs to Caribbean Beach Resort. Both are large and spread out, but I like the set-up at CSR better, with the main building containing all the services (check-in, restaurant, food court, gift shop) together rather than split into two different areas (as it is at CBR with the Customs House in a different area than the rest of the public buildings). Both are themed well, but having lived in a subtropical climate for many years, the theming of CSR is a nice change of pace. The CSR also just feels a little more upscale to me. And yes, the huge hot tub at CSR is nice too!

KatMark
04-07-2009, 09:25 AM
We've only stayed at the CSR. We have visited the CBR but do not care for it--don't care for the color scheme, the food court (two bad meals there) or the new theme of the rooms (this could have a lot to do with the fact that we are both 50+ and just don't need that Disney theme where we sleep).

We've stayed at the CSR seven times and have number eight booked. We love that it is a spread out resort as it makes it seem as if there is no one there even if the resort is full. The CSR has the largest hot tub of all of the moderates, a fitness center/spa, new queen beds and newly rehabbed rooms (the rehab will be complete in October), full service in-room dining, a food court, take and go food and a sit down restaurant. The CSR boasts a great pool with a 123 foot slide and three quiet pools. The Casitas section has beautiful fountains in the courtyards which are simply stunning at night when the sun is down and the lights are on. There is a hammock in the Casitas section as well as several on beachy sand in the Cabanas section.

It is a convention resort, but this makes the buses and the pools emptier because those poor people are working while you are on vacation.

GoofyforFun
04-07-2009, 10:46 AM
Last time we asked the wives were they wanted to stay...showed then the moderate options !
They said they wanted to feel they were at the Caribbean when relaxing.. Aruba and Jamaica are just on the other side across the bridge of the food court. We were in Aruba #51 perfect for all aspects.. eating, swimming and buses.
Scenery is refreshing feeling.. i guess it depends on what time at resort and what time in parks. But we had a great experience at CBR!!
10 minutes to Epcot and about 20 to MK.

Mousemates
04-07-2009, 11:41 AM
To me a choice between CSR and CBR is an easy one with CSR coming out way ahead. Bigger beds, bigger hot tub, better bus service (imho), and some amenites the other mods don't have because its a convention center.

Our only real dislike at the CSR is the Pepper Market food court thing...but lots of folks think its great and maybe we just hit it on a bad day. But regardless of that, chances are you won't be eating that many non-breakfast meals at your resort anyway, so even if Pepper Market isn't your cup of tea, its not that big an issue.

Disney Doll
04-07-2009, 01:33 PM
Another vote for CSR. I like both, but CSR is my favorite moderate for all the reasons already mentioned.

kathiep
04-08-2009, 09:50 AM
We stayed at both as well. Honestly, you can't go wrong with either one. CBR has that relaxed, island vacation feel. You can't beat it. That being said, we do prefer CSR. The pool area at CSR is better. The food court has more options and better quality food. The sit down dining at CSR is also better than that at CBR. I think if your wife like quiet, she'll prefer CSR.

tinkerddeedee
04-09-2009, 09:22 PM
how many will fit in the suites at CSR?

KatMark
04-10-2009, 10:21 AM
how many will fit in the suites at CSR?

Junior Suite -- 6
1 Bedroom Suite -- 4
1 Bedroom Suite (Casitas) -- 6
Executive Suite -- 6

johnO
04-10-2009, 10:43 AM
I really like the grounds at CSR. Never stayed there though......

tinkerddeedee
04-10-2009, 07:40 PM
I wonder if it's too late to change resorts? I booked POR for mid-May, but I'm thinking my girls will like this one better?????:mickey:

dmosher
04-13-2009, 02:52 AM
I loved Coronado Springs Resort! Before I met my wife my best friend and I use to stay here all the time. Now we stay in the WL villas, but for the $$, CSR is amazing. Nice and quiet and peaceful. Not to mention that it has some of the most amazing sunsets in WDW. The pool is very cool and the spa pool is big and very soothing, yet hardly ever busy.

And I say this happily, that the breakfast at the Mayan Grill is still one of the best on property and if I could get there easily from WLV, I would eat there for Breakfast instead! Really! Add to that the Pepper Market and it's HUGE variety of food s that are making me hungry just thinking about it makes me miss that place soooooo much! I highly recommend it!
:pipes:
D