PDA

View Full Version : Question for Moms who use a Double Stroller...

mjaclyn
04-06-2009, 08:20 PM
Hi! I have a 2 1/2 year old DD and will soon have a new DS. I've been looking and looking for a double stroller that will fit our needs once the baby is born and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions? So far I'm leaning towards the Joovy Caboose Ultralight because it's not as huge and heavy as other double strollers on the market. My only concern with it is that my DD will not have enough room to sit on the bench seat in the back while the infant seat is in the front because the seat has to be completely reclined. Does anyone have this stroller? Have you had any problems with room for the older child while the infant seat is being used in the front?

If anyone has any comments/advice about the Joovy Caboose Ultralight or recommendations on a different double stroller I'd be very grateful for any information!! Thank you!!

murphy1
04-07-2009, 11:55 AM
I used a Graco, the one with the kids in side by side, I guess it depends on your preference to if you want side to side or one in front, one in back.

I just wanted to say congrats!! I didn't know you were pg!!

teambricker04
04-07-2009, 05:00 PM
When I had my second DS, my older son was just over 2. We purchased a Graco, but the problem was that #1 is VERY TALL. It didn't last us long. We got a Joovy Caboose and LOVED it... the only down fall was if we were on a long stroller ride (WDW all day, for instance) and #1 got tired, there was no where to snooze. It ended up not being that big of a deal because now at 4 he walks every where (Yes, even at WDW) and we are back down to one stroller. I highly recommend the Joovy.

BrerGnat
04-09-2009, 04:12 PM
We had one of the "sit and stand" type strollers for awhile and ended up selling it because it just didn't work out. As mentioned, if you go somewhere and it's a long day, and BOTH kids end up falling asleep, there's nowhere for the older one to sleep safely. This happened to us. Our older son (kids are 20 months apart) had NEVER slept in a stroller, so we thought we'd be safe buying that type. Well, of course, when our younger DS was just about 6 months old, and no longer using the infant seat attached to the stroller, we went to Disneyland one day. I had the baby in the Bjorn, and older DS ended up falling asleep in the front seat, which totally caught us off guard, and then I had to end up carrying the baby for 2 HOURS in the bjorn in the hot summer sun!!! Not fun! And the baby was cranky because he was just a huge baby and couldn't really fall asleep in the bjorn, and it was HIS naptime too...it was a mess. After that, we sold the stroller.

We ended up purchasing a Combi Twin Sport (side by side type). Worked out much better for us. I liked that it's narrow (fits through standard doorways), had a good recline, the "boot" for the infant so they don't slide out while napping, and the tri-fold mechanism is really neat, and the carry strap is a nice bonus.

Once the "baby" turned about 2, we ended up just buying a second Maclaren umbrella, and when DH and I are out with the boys together, we just take the two umbrella strollers, because that is ALWAYS easier than a double. I use the double when it's just me and the kids alone, like at the mall or Disneyland.