PDA

View Full Version : December Trip to remember Day 3 & 4

FRANKTASMIC
04-06-2009, 04:08 PM
:mickey:Well day 3 was a non Disney day which killed me, but you have to take care of other family members, desires too. We spent the day at Universal Studios and boy was I disappointed:confused: I have been there several times and maybe it was just the time of year but the place was empty. We rode several rides -Jurassic Park, The Mummy and returned to the starting area and there was nobody waiting to get on. The tram ride isn't what it use to be and a lot of the live shows were not running. Very disappointed, and I probably won't be going back. We did some shopping in the City walk area to keep the wife happy and then headed back to the hotel. :mickey:So back to DL. on day 4 my DD and I had purchased tickets for the walk in Walts footsteps tour. Loved IT!!!:party: Very informative and it was something I've always wanted to do but didn't have the time. We arrived at the park before they dropped the ropes and since our tour didn't start until 9:30 we decided to hang out in Fantasyland to see if we could find the Dream Team. Well it was about 9:25 and I just suggest that we leave when we spotted two ladies carring the blue bags that the Dream Teams carry. We watched them as they headed towards the castle and then stopped and reached into their bags. Boy was I excited :D. I thought we would get the Dream fastpass again. Well not this time, they were handing out the Year of a Million Dream Mickey Ears. I looked at it, as if we were fortunate to get them too. What the heck, anything from DL is great, RIGHT:mickey: We headed to our tour and spent the three hours learning about the park and Walts vision. We got to enter the Lobby of Club 33, and I wished they would have let us go up the stairs to see the resturant, but they didn't. In my many visit to DL this is the closest that I have come. The tour end and we met up with my DW and son and tour the park some more. That evening we had made reservasion for the Blue Bayou, another first for me. Well my son had suggested that we dress up and go to dinner. So we left the park to freshin up, and change clothes. The men each wore suits while the ladies had on nice dresses. You should have seen the looks we received as we walked through DL. People were trying to figure out if we were famous or what we were doing. We just went along and had a good time. Dinner was great, yes a bit expensive but well worth it. I had the spareribs:cloud9: and my wife and kids had the steak. We really enjoyed it. Since our reservastions were late we decided to stay in the park until it closed. 9:00. We rode several rides in Toontown and took a lot of pictures. It's not everyday that everyone is dressed up. Even when we visited Mickey in his house the cast members were a little confused, but they said we looked great. We took several pictures in front of the castle, which look beautiful with all the Christmas deco and lights on it. The photopass peole really do a good job, and I have several great pictures from them. We start out our vacation getting a pass and when ever there is an opportunity to take a picture, we do. After that we rode space mountain and star tours, yes in out suits and then went to Buzz Lightyear. We had just got passed the Fast passs entry when a cast member guided a couple of people in-lin right behind us. Well it turned out to be Kevin Federline. Not sure if I spelt that right, not a big fan of his. He was with his new girlfriend, and just having a good time. Talk about someone using their 15 minutes of fame. Even my daughter didn't want to take a picture with him. NO loss. The park was closing so we headed back, to get ready for another non-Disney day. But let me tell you, it was a great one. See ya soon.....:thumbsup:

NotaGeek
04-06-2009, 05:23 PM
Thanks for the report ... awesome time (minus Univeral!) if you have your pictures online you can feel free to post a link ... I would love to see your "dress up night" at DLR!

Magic Smiles
04-06-2009, 05:56 PM
I would love to see your "dress up night" at DLR!

I second that.

FRANKTASMIC
04-09-2009, 06:18 PM
The only way I can post pictures with kodak is share the file with you through email. If you want to see, send me your email address.

NotaGeek
04-09-2009, 06:44 PM
The only way I can post pictures with kodak is share the file with you through email. If you want to see, send me your email address.
You can send me a PM, just click on my name in this post and select SEND PM.

Thanks!

pdrlkr
04-26-2009, 08:25 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: