PDA

View Full Version : What about RnRC???

thesplashmountaineer
04-06-2009, 12:17 PM
I have never done it... i'm a little nervous about the inversion and the loops... could you tell me more about it? I love EE, Splash Mountain, Space Mountain,etc. I love the theme of TOT but not the sensation I got while riding it....

joonyer
04-06-2009, 12:23 PM
Don't worry, It'll all happen so fast you wont' be able to figure out what you just did it's over. Then you'll probably have to ride it again just to figure out what it really does. :D

Strmchsr
04-06-2009, 12:32 PM
:ditto: If you can handle the backwards portion of EE you can definitely handle the loop in RnRC. It happens so fast you hardly know it. Plus it's such a great immersive experience that you kind of forget about the inversions.

disneymom15
04-06-2009, 12:34 PM
It's an awsome ride. If you can handle the other coasters, you'll be fine.

Zawadi
04-06-2009, 12:47 PM
Just sit back with you head back and enjoy the ride. The ride is great and last approximately80secs.

Tip: At the start, on the count of "3" (for 3-2-1-GO) take a deep breath and scream on "GO"

The only way to find out if you like it or not is to try it for yourself.

Meteora
04-06-2009, 12:54 PM
Thanks for starting this thread; I'm having a similar dilemma. I like to give things a try, but RnRC freaks me out a bit. I've done Everest, Space, and Splash, and I liked Splash least because of the drops--hate that feeling. I'd never consider ToT for that reason. But if RnRC isn't worse than the backwards part of Everest, maybe I'll give it a whirl.

thejens
04-06-2009, 01:42 PM
There is a video of the whole ride on you tube. I feel exactly the way you do. :scared: I don't really like the drop of TOT or even of EE, but I have done them and the only WDW ride I haven't tried is RR. That being said, I'm just not sure. So I have been watcing the you tube video to try to get up my nerve. I am a person who likes to know what to expect. It does seem like a short ride! Be sure to post and let us know if you do try it and I'll do the same!

WDW_Obsessed
04-06-2009, 01:48 PM
I absolutely love RnRc...it's my favorite thrill ride by far:thumbsup: That being said, I think it's more intense than EE, and not really comprable to ToT. My mom loves EE, Space Mtn, and Splash, but was quite :sick: from RnRc. I think the beginning launch is the best part, but it definitley drops your stomach through your toes! But despite being intense, it's also over really fast. I say give it a go at least once...you'll never know if you like it until you try it for yourself!

KAJUNKING
04-06-2009, 02:25 PM
its over so fast like pp has said youll need to ride it twice, its hard to soak it all in on your first time through, to much anticipation

AdventurerKim
04-06-2009, 03:29 PM
I finally psyched myself up and rode this in November 2008, and I will never do it again! My DH and DB told me I wouldn't know when we went upside down; yeah, I knew, and it seemed like slow motion. The force on my chest made me feel like I was going to die. That was way too much for me! I don't mind BTM, and if it wasn't for all the little drops in SM, that wouldn't be so bad either. But RnRC--never again for me. We bought the picture, and it will be the only one with me in it on that ride. :mickey:

RedSoxFan
04-06-2009, 04:08 PM
I think if you like EE, then you'll like RnRc. Such an awesome ride. DH doesn't care for roller coasters and rides this.

Stu29573
04-06-2009, 04:10 PM
Well, I've ridden it twice, and I can say that the worst part for me wasn't the inversions, but the launch. I used to say that I could take anything...just don't drop me- but that no longer holds true. That launch was worse than any drop I had been on! I got off feeling a bit:sick: both times, so now I'm done with it!

Mousemates
04-06-2009, 04:18 PM
As others have said...its over so fast...you'll be getting off (with a big grin most likely) before you realized what happened (its a very short ride).

danicafan
04-06-2009, 04:24 PM
My 6 year old niece had to wait a little over a year before she was tall enough to ride. When we were there in Dec'07, she was about an inch too short. The CM at the entrance to the ride gave her a Special FastPass for when she was tall enough. We went back this past January and all 6 of us got to go in the FP line with her. The CM when you got on the ride said he would meet us at the end with a special stamp with the date on her special fast pass. He asked her how she liked it her exact words "That was sooo AWESOME, I want to ride it again!" The CM told us to follow the red carpet which took us right back to the ride and told us to ask for front row. So we all got to ride it again right away and she got to sit in the front row. By far a very Magical Experience for us!!

LudwigVonDrake
04-06-2009, 04:59 PM
It's a great coaster :coaster:

baby minnie's mommy
04-06-2009, 05:11 PM
If I can convince myself to brave the launch, I would love to ride it again! The launch took my breath away, but after that it was a lot of fun, and a very smooth ride. I liked that it had shoulder locks, not just a lap bar.

For me it's like Splash M. - I don't like the drop at SM but love the effect the rush of adrenaline has on me. Gets me pumped up for a great day. :thumbsup: Which is one reason I like bigger rides earlier in the day. Plus if I wait till later, I've had more time to talk myself out of it.

Now that I've had two kids I'm not as brave about rides, but maybe one day I'll talk myself into it again. :D

GrumpyFan
04-06-2009, 05:14 PM
When my youngest son was 7, he rode this for the first time. We didn't tell him it had any loops, until AFTER he got off. It was his first looping roller coaster, and so we asked him how his first looping rollercoaster was? He argued that it did NOT have any loops!!! So, of course we HAD to ride again to see that IT DID have loops! :funny: He loved it, and to this day, it's one of his (and our) favorite rides!

It was one of those moments, among many, we'll never forget!

Insanity Clause
04-06-2009, 05:27 PM
I am scared to death to try this one but I am definately going to do it our of principal alone. When I went last time which was June 2001, I was 5 months pregnant with my son (who will be 7 on this trip). Since I was pregnant I wasn't supposed to ride any of the more intense rides...even Star Tours had a disclaimer. Anyway, I am going to rided every last thing that I was not able to last time and then some, no matter how petrified I might be...and trust me I hate roller coasters that loop but we will see.

BTW...This is DH all time favorite ride!

Hull-onian
04-06-2009, 06:19 PM
Just to show how brave I could be with my grand kids, I rode it. And now I can say I did it. I did not do EE, but I did the walk through right to the gift shop. So I guess the end of this story is, Big Thunder Railroad is all I can handle.:blush:

rubato
04-06-2009, 07:10 PM
Last year, when my son was 8, he rode this as his first upside down roller coaster. We were nervous of his reaction (he was terrified). When we got off, he asked to go again and even wanted to go in the single rider line so he could get on faster, knowing he wouldn't be sitting next to either of us! It's his favorite ride and it was all he talked about forever! It's also the only tshirt I bought him!:number1:

mickeys_princess_mom
04-06-2009, 07:51 PM
Just sit back with you head back and enjoy the ride.
This is good advice. I rode it twice beCAUSE I was afraid--I wanted to do it to challenge myself. I braced myself without putting my head back, and had a pretty sore neck for a few days! Hope you like it! (I'm done.)

CaptSmee
04-06-2009, 08:22 PM
If you can handle the backwards portion of EE you can definitely handle the loop in RnRC.

I wouldn't go this far...my sister can handle EE but hates RNRC! The 1st time I rode it, it scared the daylights out of me! Nothing can prepare you for that launch! 0-60 in 3.5 seconds right into an inversion with Aerosmith crankin' in your ear! Whew! What a rush!

kemps@wdw
04-06-2009, 11:35 PM
:coaster: O...M...G!! Gotta be my fave attraction in the World!. Rocket boosted take-off takes you from 0 to 60 in less han 3 seconds, inversion upon take-off, barrell rolling thru the neon sreets of LA, and all to a kick-a#@ soundtrack by one of the greatest bands EVER!! What's not to love?:D

thejens
04-07-2009, 01:54 AM
Okay, ya'll have scared me out of it again. Not that I was really not scared ever.

tjstrike
04-07-2009, 03:50 AM
Best ride in Disney !! (IMO)

beksy
04-07-2009, 01:24 PM
I can't wait to ride this on our next trip! My sister is refusing to do this (scared of the inversions) but she's done the other roller coasters. She's going to try ToT on the next trip with me so i'm not going to push her on RnRC. I figure someday she'll be ready and if she gets sick going because she wants, I won't feel guilty! Actually, she is doing so great with only riding BTMRR last trip and then the next day doing EE that I am satisfied with having someone to ride ToT (I think she'll love it) and I'll do the singles line on this and if it isn't too bad, I'll go on it with Mom. I get to be the guinea pig since I've never gotten sick on a ride (knock on wood) and have rode inversion coasters before.

Goofy4TheWorld
04-07-2009, 11:14 PM
I am generally a big chicken who gets sick easy, and I may even pass on TOT most trips from now on, but I love RnRC and would reschedule a trip around it if it was closed. I would never in a million years ride any other inverted coaster, but being indoors and in the dark makes it a fantastic ride for me. Even though it is only for a brief moment, I love being ǝpısdn uʍop on this ride! :coaster:

Marilyn Michetti
04-07-2009, 11:47 PM
The first time I rode it I never opened my eyes. The second time, I decided I might as well see what I had missed, and from then on, I was hooked.:thumbsup:

BTW, this ride was my second with my FSIL - the first being TOT. I didn't open my eyes on that one either - now it's my absolute favorite!:)

mdhiggin
04-08-2009, 01:43 AM
This is my favorite ride also. Although fast, it is incredibly smooth. I avoid SM for that reason. The jerkiness sometimes gives me a headache. I was nervous about ToT for awhile, worrying that it would make me nauseous like Freefall at Six Flags, but it was nothing to worry about. Lots of fun too.

paragon
04-08-2009, 07:38 AM
By far, this is my all time favorite ride. Its true, the initial loop happens so fast you don't realize it. There is a second loop in the middle, but this ride is so smooth and sooooo cool you never really think about it. On the other hand, EE gives me a little trouble, I like the ride, but the backwards portion gets to me. I've never had that problem on any other coaster.
The very first coaster I ever rode was the Loch Ness Monster at Busch Gardens ( we weren't allowed to ride as kids-but I was on a school field trip so I rode!) that got me hooked. I spent my childhood summers in Hull Ma, and we'd go to Paragon Park all the time, we could never ride the old wooden coaster, but always wanted to. After my Loch Ness experience, I was ready to ride the Comet. R&R is sooooo much fun. Give it a try, and have fun!

IloveDisney71
04-08-2009, 08:22 AM
The RNRC is my FAVORITE ride at Disney. I had never ridden a roller coaster with an inversion so I was a little nervous but I really wanted to try it. I'm so glad I did!!!
I do NOT like the TOT - it scared me really bad but the RNRC doesn't feel like TOT at all. The launch is very powerful but is literally over before you can blink and then your off. I avoid the back seat because it jerked me around quit a bit but I've ridden in almost every other row and the ride was very smooth in the other rows.
I say give it a try. :thumbsup:

SBETigg
04-08-2009, 08:29 AM
I'm not a huge RnRC fan, but I do enjoy it. I don't think it honestly compares to Everest. The experiences are so different. RnRC may seem like the wilder ride, but it's very smooth and I feel so protected by the safety features. So, I get in and get ready, and then, pre-launch, I maybe feel nervous because I anticipate what's going to happen, but it's not really that scary when I'm in it because I really do feel secure. And it all happens so fast. I just end up laughing through it. I think you need to try it.

Imagineer1981
04-08-2009, 02:53 PM
the inversions are easy, its the launch that scares most people. I think you'll be fine, it happens so fast you really don't know whats happening

garthbarth1
04-08-2009, 03:25 PM
I was wondering the same thing! The problem is I actually rode it a few years ago with DH ad I do not like Roller Coasters. (I do ride everything else at WDW, including TOT and Everest, etc) First time I rode my eyes were closed the entire time so I dont remember it at all. Next time we went it was down for refurb.(I was secretly relieved) Last year we went and I went through the line and when it was time to board, I went out the chicken exit :blush:
For whatever reason I couldnt do it! Now we are going this fall and I am trying to get my nerves up, but im afraid of having a heart attack or something on it. My heart was racing so fast and pounding so loudly while in line, i thought "why put myself through this?" But i would like to get up the nerves to try it again.

Ryan Towle
04-08-2009, 03:28 PM
Haha, I love how you guys say "loop", as if there were only one in the ride.

FenwayGirl
04-08-2009, 03:34 PM
I am the biggest chicken alive and I actually was coerced into riding this coaster last year by my 26 year old son. It really wasn't bad...I plan to ride it again in May!!:tink:

PrettyMinnie
04-08-2009, 05:37 PM
My mom is not really a roller coaster person. She only like the inside rides like Space Mountain and RnRc because she doesn't know where she is. LOL.
Anyway, if you were fine with all of those other rides, RnRc should be a BLAST for you! Have a terrific trip!

stitcherbelle
04-08-2009, 06:45 PM
Rockin roller coaster is one of my favorite rides! Rockin roller coaster is extremely fast and is so much fun for everyone. Make sure you're pressed firmly back in your seat because if you don't your head will get knocked all around. The music is playing the whole time and the loops pass by really quick. If you usually can do about two or three loops then I think you should be fine. It is really fun and really fast and just totally awesome! I would suggest either trying to get there really early or getting a fastpass because the lines are usually horrible. Have a good time! :coaster:

garymacd
04-09-2009, 08:48 PM
Once the acceleration is over, the worst is over. It is a thrilling ride, but that first two seconds really gives you a, well, surprise!

Last time we rode it, I actually got my hands off the safety handles, stuck them up in the air and signed "ROCK ON!"

Great!

dancin Disney style
04-11-2009, 05:23 PM
I'm a total roller coaster chicken. I'm terrified of the big drop and the loops.

BUT....once in a blue moon I'll **** it up and do something that scares me. Last year my kids were going on RnRC and I decided to go. All through the line I thought I would barf :ack: and when I got in the seat I really got scared. I rode with my eyes shut the entire time. After we got off I felt OK. I didn't really want to go again though. My kids got back in the line immediately. I sat for a minute and decided to join them.....this time I kept my eyes open and truely loved the ride. It is now at the top of my fav list.

Try it...the ride is only about 90 seconds long and you will not die....it will be fine. I think the music and being in the dark eases the fear factor.

mitchsfan
04-11-2009, 05:43 PM
Like everyone else has said, you may not even notice the loop. I still to this day haven't felt the loop. I hate loops too and still ride the ride.

stitch34
04-11-2009, 06:23 PM
I have done this ride many times and I'm scared every time:eek: and have to be practically dragged on....that being said I really do love it! When I get off, I always have a huge smile on my face and can't wait to do it again:thumbsup::joy:.

I always get nervous in line thinking about the launch. Once you get passed that, it's really not tha bad....just sit back and enjoy the ride! Do take others' advice and keep your head back.

trudisneygal
04-11-2009, 09:46 PM
I do NOT like loopy coasters, and I had never rode it, and had no intention of doing so, until my DH rode it one year and I stayed behind...at first. He got off and said I just HAD to ride it. He said I would like it, and of course I did NOT want to. So he pretty much forced me to, and all though the line (which wasn't that long since we were there in Sept.) I kept thinking I was going to hate it, and be scared the whole way though. Then I KNEW I would be when I saw how fast the take off is!! I was like "no way, I'm not riding this!" but of course I did...and I LOVED IT!!! As soon as we got off I got back in line to ride it again, and then I even got in the single riders line to ride it a third time!!! Something I NEVER DO! I really liked it that much! I am such a chicken when it comes to coaster too! I still am not that fond of ToT and get out or riding when I can, but I LOVE RnRC!!! You should defiantly give it a try! And let us know how you like it!:mickey:

kemps@wdw
04-11-2009, 11:14 PM
I love EE, Splash Mountain, Space Mountain,etc. I love the theme of TOT but not the sensation I got while riding it....[/QUOTE]

If I didn't know better, I'd think I was reading my own post! I absolutely LOVE :cloud9: the RRC! Let' see...rocket-boosted launch from 0 to 60 in less than 3 seconds, inversion upon take-off, barrell rolling thru a neon LA freeway @ night, with a kick-a$* soundtrack from one of the greatest bands ever...what's not to like?
I try to ride it at least 2-3 times when I'm @ DHS.:thumbsup:

dumboears
04-11-2009, 11:40 PM
I have never done it... i'm a little nervous about the inversion and the loops... could you tell me more about it? I love EE, Splash Mountain, Space Mountain,etc. I love the theme of TOT but not the sensation I got while riding it....

:dumbo:

Don’t be afraid. The newer coaster’s are designed so well that you don’t feel the inversions. They are a lot more smooth and conformable then the coasters built in the early 90’s. Both SS and TM will throw you around a lot more then R&Rcoaster. As for the launch - just relax, look forward and take a deep breath, it will be over in a couple of seconds. You wont have the stomach dropping feeling you get in ToT.

Try it you’ll enjoy it.

hauntedmansiongirl
04-12-2009, 01:23 PM
I get sick on almost anything, but I can handle RnRC. You have to do it once just to see the theming of the ride. It is so cool how you enter in a recording studio and see Aerosmith jammin, then you go into a back alley to take your limo to the concert. It's just awsome. A couple things that I find helps me not feel sick are to ask for the front few cars (so you can see where you're going), scream like hell when they count down 3-2-1 on the launch, and sing to the Aerosmith music as you go through the ride. This is my DH fave, so we do it about 20 times each trip. If you can handle EE, this will be no problem. You'll love it!!:mickey:

Daisy'sMom
04-12-2009, 02:10 PM
I agree, it's the launch! That is the worst part. I used to go on it all the time, but I almost hyperventilated waiting for the launch last time. I sit out and wait now.
Good Luck!

Daddy Mouse
04-12-2009, 08:02 PM
Worrying about a ride creates more anxiety than the ride itself. It is one of the best coasters at Disney. I haven't rode EE yet, so I can't compare the two different experiences. My guess is that you'll do fine and want to ride it again.

dumbo ears
04-12-2009, 08:52 PM
ya the ride gets done so fast that the loops aren't even that noticable. I would defintely recomend this ride, its amazing

Villains0501
04-12-2009, 11:21 PM
Well I LOVED it when I was younger, but recently it's been giving me a headache and I'm only 14 (oops prob shouldn't have said my age) anyway, I have grown less fond of it, because your going soooo fast that your head bangs against the head guards!