PDA

View Full Version : Who's been to BOTH POFQ & POR? Preference?

Gregandmel
04-06-2009, 11:47 AM
We are in the beginning stages of our next trip and wondered if anyone has been to both POFQ and POR. Did you prefer one over the other? We stayed at WL last year and although I wish we could return, can't swing the cost. I see that both of these are listed as "Intercot Recommended" and they both look great. WE have 2 boys, ages 10 & 19 (at the age of the trip). Could I get some feedback on these 2 resorts? I can't decide which one looks better for us!! Thank you so much in advacne!

Buddy08
04-06-2009, 12:52 PM
We have stayed at both POR and POFQ. Both resorts are really nice. The last few times we went to POFQ It is very nicely laid out with everything in close proximity. There aren't as many things to do at the resort itself. At POR there are several pools, carriage rides, boats to rent along with other activities such as an arcade but it is only a short walk there from POFQ. POR is a bit more spread out but still manageable. You can also ride a boat to DTD from both resorts. You can't go wrong at either resort in my opinion.:cool:

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-06-2009, 12:54 PM
We have been to both, and enjoyed both.

POFQ is much smaller, which we appreicate, nothing is too far from the pool, the food court or the bus stop. My husband likes the theming (like New Orleans), and my daughter likes the pool (she's almost 11). The food court is smaller, but we never had any trouble finding anything to eat, and it was always hot and fresh.

POR is way bigger, but also has better facilities. There is a main pool, but also a number of smaller, "quiet" pools. There is a larger food court, a "grab-and-go" section, a fishin' hole and tons of winding paths linking it all together.

When we were at POR, we could forget we were at Disney. The vegetation is so lush, it was so nice to walk around (avoid the lizards) and enjoy the grounds. Both have a boat to DTD, which is a nice change from the busses.

The busses do pick up at FQ first, then go onto to POR, but we never had any real bus issues at either resort.

We've always gone back to FQ, mainly because of the small size, but we if there were no rooms at FQ, we would go back to POR in a heartbeat, you can't go wrong with either. :thumbsup:

c&d
04-06-2009, 01:49 PM
Having stayed at both I prefer POR. We liked the food court better at POR and the fact that it has a restaurant. We also liked that there were more pools to use and the fishing hole was nice for our son.

We always caught the bus at the first stop at Riverside so we never had a problem getting on. We would have breakfast and then head out to the bus stop.

We've stayed in the different sections of POR and enjoyed Alligator Bayou the best.

We liked our stay at POFQ. We liked how small the resort was, which made it easy to get around. We did not like the food court. When we stayed there the choices were very limited.

andreallybadeggs
04-06-2009, 07:42 PM
Enjoyed them both. With boys that age I'd probably choose POR but would make sure to catch the boat to POFQ for beignets at least one morning. :mickey:

luvDaMouse
04-06-2009, 08:44 PM
I agree with the previous poster,IMHO I would pick POR over POFQ also. I stayed in POR with my DH and DD 13 & 16 in 04 and 06 they did not want to share a bed so the trundle was perfect for us. ( Not sure if the they have trundles in the FQ)Loved the lushness of the resort First time we stayed in Alligator Bayou 2nd stay was in the Mansions. Used the 24 hour quiet pool in the evenings before bed great way of relaxing after a long day in the park (usually had the pool to ourselves) Food court is big too. My husband and I stayed last May in POFQ (no kids) was nice for just the two of us. Smaller, close to bus stops, smaller food court. but no quiet pools:(: although I knew that when I booked it, I wanted to try someplace different but I did miss the quiet pools. Both are very nice resorts you really cant go wrong with either. :mickey:

brownie
04-07-2009, 09:20 AM
My preference would probably be for Riverside, just because it is bigger and has more to offer (the two resorts are sister resorts and share amenities.)

Tigerinvestigator
04-07-2009, 09:50 AM
We've stayed at both several times. I prefer POFQ because:

1) Smaller and easier to walk to foodcourt and bus stop.

2) Pool theming much better, more colorful, and the kids prefer the waterslide down the sea serpents tongue to the POR slide.

3) Food court less crowded.

4) Love the New Orleans theme.

The big plus about POR is a family of five can stay in one room! Remember the resorts are very close and the walk is nice so you can enjoy both resorts which ever one you choose.:thumbsup:

ibrowse17
04-07-2009, 09:55 AM
We have enjoyed our stay at both. We liked FQ because was is smaller and everything is so close. We like POR because of the food court and pools, though had to walk forever to get anywhere. We would have no problem staying at either in the future:thumbsup:

Crow
04-07-2009, 03:45 PM
Ive stayed at both 1 time each & much prefer FQ.
as with u i love WL but cant always afford it.
Ill be at FQ again next wk.

IATwinsMom
04-07-2009, 04:51 PM
We have stayed at both resorts. If I had to choose one though it would be POR. There is a lot more to do there and I feel like the resort is kept cleaner. I did however like the smaller size of POFQ, but it just is not as nice of a resort. I also felt like the castmembers at POR were much friendlier. Either one you choose will be great though, you'll be at WDW :mickey:!!

garymacd
04-08-2009, 12:21 PM
We've stayed at both several times. I prefer POFQ because:

1) Smaller and easier to walk to foodcourt and bus stop.

2) Pool theming much better, more colorful, and the kids prefer the waterslide down the sea serpents tongue to the POR slide.

3) Food court less crowded.

4) Love the New Orleans theme.

The big plus about POR is a family of five can stay in one room! Remember the resorts are very close and the walk is nice so you can enjoy both resorts which ever one you choose.:thumbsup:

I agree with everything above. We just like the smaller size and the New Orleans theming. The fact that you cna get beignets at both resorts is a plus.

mook3y
04-08-2009, 09:36 PM
I like both resorts and would stay at either again with no second thoughts.

The kids definately prefer the dragon slide at POF! As far as the resort though, I like POR a little better.

mermaidmarian
04-09-2009, 12:17 PM
We've stayed at both resorts and have come to prefer POR over the FQ. We do like to take advantage of the resort amenities as down time between parks or evenings in. There are more activities suitable to our typical traveling group, including the quiet pools, which is a big plus for my 70 year old mother who always comes with us. We take full advantage of the food court with at least one meal a day and appreciate the greater selection of dining options at POR.

Our first stay at PO was at FQ, and we loved it. We decided to try Riverside for our next visit, and thought it was great too. It was only until we stayed at FQ for our 3rd visit that we realized we really prefered the overall experience at Riverside.

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
04-09-2009, 02:50 PM
Stayed at both and we preferred POFQ for most of the reasons mentioned above. Mt advice because we did enjoy both places, if you stay around the resort alot choose POR because it has more stuff to do. If you are at the park most of the time and you need a place to crash and maybe swim a time or two take POFQ.

KODABEAR
04-09-2009, 11:34 PM
When DH and I go alone we like FQ. When we take the grandkids definately POR.! :fish::captain::cowgirl:

forever a child
04-12-2009, 03:56 PM
POR was my favorite of the two. Very pretty. Service was better and more to do:mickey:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-12-2009, 09:39 PM
I've stayed at both and liked them both. We spent more nights at POFQ and would probably choose that one again because it is smaller and easier to get around after a long day at the parks.

Belle--86
04-15-2009, 05:56 PM
We have stayed at both POR and POFQ- we like them both for theming-- but the foodcourt is better at POR. However at POFQ everything is walking distance, the pool the kids like better-- pick up for busses is better at POFQ It's the first stop-- they share with POR. All in all we perfer POFQ because it's small and quiet,, you can allways catch the bus over to POR for food. or go for a walk to the resort.

FriendsofMickey
04-15-2009, 06:43 PM
I have stayed at both multiple times. I definately prefer the FQ, because of all the reasons other people have mentioned.

However, I definately agree with the previous poster that stated if you plan on spending a lot of time at the resort and you want a lot of things to do pick POR.
If you sleep in your resort and maybe spend a few off hours at the resort, I would definately go FQ.

Or what you could do, is pull both rooms up and let your children decide. Let them see the different pools and the pictures of the resort.