PDA

View Full Version : Captain Jacks

PixieMagic
04-06-2009, 11:27 AM
Has anyone eaten here before? DSis put it on her lists of restaurants she'd like to go to - however I believe it's in DTD? If that is the case do we have to pay to get into DTD just so we can eat at the restaurant?? Not sure how this works....

faline
04-06-2009, 11:32 AM
There is no admission charge to get into Downtown Disney. Captain Jack's is located in Downtown Disney. I haven't eaten there in years so any feedback I'd be able to provide would no longer be current.

DVC2004
04-06-2009, 11:32 AM
Downtown Disney is free- there is no admission charge. Captain Jack's is OK. I have a good dinner there- the lobster tails- but they are not served at lunch. It's right on the water so there's a nice view.

BMan62
04-06-2009, 11:33 AM
You never have to pay to get into DTD.

Yes, Cap'n Jacks in in the DTD Marketplace. We were there a couple years ago and the food was OK, not great, not horrible, just OK. Bonus (at that time anyway) was that on the DDP you could get an extra Lobster Tail added to your entree as part of the DDP - no extra charge.

sassafras
04-06-2009, 12:38 PM
We ate at Captain Jack's a couple of years ago and weren't overly impressed. The food was good enough, but our server was terrible! It was a good thing that the tip was included in the dining plan at that time, or she sure wouldn't have received an 18% tip! Add to that, she rushed us thru our meal! Personally, I'd find somewhere else to dine!

MickeyMousse
04-06-2009, 01:23 PM
We always wanted to eat at Capt'n Jacks and finally did in 2007.....never again.:stop:

Food was cold, sent back twice......forgot to bring our DS6 his food....which was cold.......

AdventurerKim
04-06-2009, 03:33 PM
We always wanted to eat at Capt'n Jacks and finally did in 2007.....never again.:stop:

Ditto! This was the worst food and worst service we've ever experienced at a Disney restaurant. We'll never go there again!

Suz36
04-06-2009, 03:43 PM
I'm definitely in the minority here, but we had a good experience there in February. There was a bit of a wait even with ADRs, but the food was really good, service was fine, and the view was nice. My DH said it was his favorite meal of the vacation!

Wishmaker
04-06-2009, 06:55 PM
I am curious as to when you had your bad experiences. My daughter and I tried to go May of 2008 and they closed for referb. I wonder when they did that if they did some upgrading and staff changing. We have reservations for this May. Oh well we will give it a try. Wish us luck. :blush:

Pop Centurion
04-06-2009, 07:24 PM
Just like Faline, it's been a couple years since we've been there so my review would be irrelevant. But at the time our food & service was just fine. Like others have stated, the food wasn't spectacular but just good. I'd compare it to maybe Red Lobster only without those Yummy Cheddar Cheese Biscuits. :D

LovinWDW
04-08-2009, 04:48 PM
We have eaten at most sit down places in WDW over all our trips. This is the one place I wouldn't go back to, even if it was free. Not very clean, not very good. I couldn't believe it was on Disney property. Just my opinion.

GoofyforFun
04-08-2009, 08:43 PM
We were there just before the refurb (party of 9) no complaints and on the DDP you were allowed the twin lobster tail dinner:thumbsup: Not sure now.. But I would go back, there are plenty to choose from in DTD. All pretty good.
http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/diningguide/downtown.asp

katzctkpt
04-09-2009, 10:01 AM

Ditto!

We ate there this past Dec and couldn't wait boy I wish I had waited :sick:

luvmyboys4ever
04-09-2009, 10:22 AM
I'm in the minority, but...our family of six loved it! We all agreed it was the best meal of the trip...and we NEVER agree on food...lol! We went late one evening in November 2008. It is now on our must-do list.