PDA

View Full Version : Rose and Crown for Illuminations

DVC2004
04-06-2009, 10:59 AM
I have heard you can dine outside here and watch Illuminations. What time would you recommend the ressie for this? Also, how's the food? I am not into English food like bangers and mash or fish and chips. Anything "regular" on the menu?

pandkx3
04-06-2009, 11:08 AM
We watched Illuminations from R&C in 2007. Get your ressies for about 7:30 or a little latter and take your time with dinner. It was beautiful! They do have other things besides fish and chips. The steak in great. They do have a lovely cheese and fruit appietizer. Good luck and have a:beer: for me!

MickeyMousse
04-06-2009, 11:15 AM
It is so much fun to watch Illuminations from R&C!! It was one of our favorite memories from our trip in 2001. We had an 8pm ressie, so the timing was perfect.:thumbsup:

Enjoy!!! :mickey:

PixieMagic
04-06-2009, 11:22 AM
We've done this several time, but just be prepared there is NO GUARANTEE that you'll be seated outside. Many times you may be sat in the dining room however you can go out to the patio to view the fireworks and they'll cover your food.

joonyer
04-06-2009, 12:44 PM
Here's a link to the R&C menu:

http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/menus/epcot/rosecrowndinner.asp

I highly recommend the stewed mushroom appetizer. Fabulous! :thumbsup: :tasty:

Gregandmel
04-06-2009, 02:05 PM
We were there in October and had 7:40pm ressies. We were lucky and were seated outside, but like others have said, you can request it, but no guarantees. But even if you are inside, you can go to a private viewing area and watch the show and you are safe to leave your food on the table while you watch. It's mostly "english" food, but they have some things you can enjoy. I see someone posted their menu. I ordered the "smoked salmon" and didn't realize it was BARELY cooked!!! I had to send it back and got the fruit & cheese plate instead. You'll have a great time!

Insanity Clause
04-06-2009, 05:33 PM
Rose and Crown is a wonderful place to watch Illuminations. This happened completely by accident when we were there in 2001. The food is very good and there is a little something for everyone but their fish and chips are excellent and I don't usually like them. But as I said, you should be able to find something.

TheVBs
04-06-2009, 07:01 PM
You can also watch it from the Cantina in front of Mexico, if you'd like another option. It's a quick service location, and you'll have to grab a table early - at least 30 minutes before the show.

Disney Yankee
04-07-2009, 06:26 PM
We watched Illuminations at R&C last year and it was awesome!! I think we had reservations for about 7:30, which was perfect. We did get to sit outside, which was very nice. A few years ago, we sat inside, and the staff took us outside and we had a great view for the fireworks then, too. I would highly recommend it. The food is good too. Some "English Fare" but I think anyone could find something good there.
PS: The bread they give you is delicious!!!