PDA

View Full Version : Crowd Levels April 20- 24

HollyLagrange
04-06-2009, 10:07 AM
This seems to be a grey area on alot of boards. Its after spring break and a week after Easter.

Any hints or clues on what to expect this week?

Ive been every year since I was a little kid and this is the boyfriends first vist.

Thanks!
:mickey:

Giggy
04-06-2009, 11:18 AM
April is always a bit of a grey area as you said. My usually very trusty guidebook says that crowds are light in late April, however it is generally accepted that crowds are higher fro Easter and Spring Break. This book was however published in 2004 and that year crowds were high in late March - which is when Easter was.

Crowds tend to calm down a lot after Easter until the schools break up for summer. Though as different areas have their time off school at different times the Easter crowds can spread over different weeks. Though with a late Easter it is quite possible the crowds will be mostly gone by this point, however it is best to be organised and well planned just in case there are crowds about still.

The good news is that temperatures should be more comfortable, just over 80, as opposed to the extreme heat of the summer. Also there is little rainfall at that time of the year.

Tinkerfreak
04-06-2009, 12:10 PM
Alot of schools here in the Northeast are on vacation that week. I would expect that will increase crowds a bit.

merlinmagic4
04-06-2009, 12:49 PM
One of the popular crowd calendars just changed all of those days to 7s (out of 10). It had been a mixed bag with numbers ranging from 4-7 but something (new promotion?) must have them thinking it is going to be busier that week. We'll be there, too!

CaptSmee
04-06-2009, 08:15 PM
I'll be there the week after. I think it will be ok. Someone said something about the school's in the NE being out. I'm in the NE and all the schools here are out the week after easter. And as far as that "other" sites crowd calendar, i've never found it to be very effective.

HollyLagrange
04-09-2009, 04:43 PM
Well, we are 9 days away from our trip. All the talk about record breaking attendance has me worried...I dont think that will stop us from having a great time...but worried all the same.

SBETigg
04-09-2009, 05:27 PM
I'm also in New England, and our schools are out the week of April 20-25. It's kind of a mix up here when break falls. I'm headed to WDW 19-24 because of the break then. It could be busy, but it won't be Easter Week busy.

homeschool mom
04-10-2009, 08:25 AM
DH and I will also be there at that time. I'm hoping for smaller crowds, but I'm thinking since it will be just the two of us this time - leaving 5 kiddos with Grandma and Grandpa - maybe bigger crowds will be easier to manage.

One week from today I'll be in the magic! :party: