PDA

View Full Version : any American fare in AK???

tinkerddeedee
04-05-2009, 10:16 PM
From everything I've read so far, the dining seems to be themed at the AK. My family is a bunch of woosies when it come to trying something new and I KNOW they won't try TH or Y&Y!!!
HELP!!!:confused:

emmatink
04-05-2009, 10:37 PM
Pizzafari has pizzas and an italian sandwich for choices and Flame tree has bbq sandwiches, ribs and chicken. They may be safe options for your family. Also Rainforest Cafe is at the front of the park if you want a sit down restaurant with "American" food.

DisneyGlutton
04-05-2009, 10:42 PM
Honestly, even if they are not adventurous eaters, both Tusker House and Yak and Yeti are tame. TH has many vanilla food options (that's actually one of my main knocks against it) and Y & Y is basically a nicely themed restaurant with standard Chinese/Asian fare.

However, to answer your question, your best bet for American food would be Restaurantosaurus in DinoLand. It serves McDonald's, you can't get more American than that! Pizzafari or Rainforest Cafe are also options, though I can't personally vouch for either of them.

SBETigg
04-05-2009, 10:53 PM
I prefer to stick with counter service at the Animal Kingdom, and FlameTree BBQ is one of the best quick service places in WDW. It's standard American fare.

DisneyWFan
04-06-2009, 09:19 AM
Honestly, even if they are not adventurous eaters, both Tusker House and Yak and Yeti are tame. TH has many vanilla food options (that's actually one of my main knocks against it) and Y & Y is basically a nicely themed restaurant with standard Chinese/Asian fare.

However, to answer your question, your best bet for American food would be Restaurantosaurus in DinoLand. It serves McDonald's, you can't get more American than that! Pizzafari or Rainforest Cafe are also options, though I can't personally vouch for either of them.

i would double check Restaurantosaurus I Saw On Another Thread that McDonald's Is No Longer Served In The Parks

Here Is The Thread

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=148852&highlight=McDonalds

crltkcagle
04-06-2009, 01:10 PM
flame tree bbq should be ok for your family. Of course there are always those McDonalds fries that are offered in AK too

Disney Doll
04-06-2009, 01:50 PM
Yep, no more McDonald's at Restaurantosaurus, but they still have burgers and fries on the menu.

DisneyWFan
04-06-2009, 07:11 PM
flame tree bbq should be ok for your family. Of course there are always those McDonalds fries that are offered in AK too

As I stated before McDonald's is no longer offered anywhere at any of the parks their full restaurants are still available at DTD and by the All-Star Resorts :(

CaptSmee
04-07-2009, 12:01 AM
what a funny question! the only places that don't serve "american" food in AK is Yak & Yeti or Tusker House. Anywhwere else should be suitable. Pizzafari=pizzas. Restaurantosaurus=burgers, dogs, chicken fingers. Flametree BBQ=pulled pork, barbeque chicken, turkey sandwiches. Rainforest Cafe=large mix of burgers, sandwhiches, pasta dishes, pizzas, salads, ect...

Tusker House is african food & Yak/Yeti is Asian. Hope this helps clear some thing's up. I personally love Flametree or Rainforest. Just my two bits!

playdead88
04-07-2009, 06:13 AM
pizzafari is one of our faves! i love the caesar salad there and breadsticks - dh loves flame tree bbq - im sure you'll find something for everyone :mickey:

tinkerddeedee
04-07-2009, 08:10 PM
thank you all! I have to eat gluten free and I've read that they serve a gf pizza a pizzafari so I might have to try that out!!!!!