PDA

View Full Version : Important ADR question

pinktweety
04-05-2009, 10:00 PM
I have a question regarding ADR's. If I live on the west coast and want to get ressies what is the probability of me getting what I want if the phones open at 7am est? I don't think getting up at 4am is possible. Does anyone have any advice?

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-05-2009, 10:04 PM
Except for the crazy-popular ADR's (like CRT) you will more than likely be just fine if you call later in the day!

I forgot to call at 7am this time, since I had already booked CRT and Chef Mickey's. I ended up calling around 1pm, and got everything I wanted, at the time I wanted. :thumbsup:

pinktweety
04-05-2009, 10:08 PM
Thanks for telling me that because I was getting a little worried :mickey:

Insanity Clause
04-05-2009, 10:57 PM
I actually had to change a reservation because we decided we wanted to try somewhere else so I called well after the 90 day window for a party of 7 at Chef's de France and had absolutely no problem. The earlier you call the better but I honestly don't think you have a problem especially if you can be a bit flexible with your times.

MOJoe
04-06-2009, 12:07 PM
It depends on which places, dates and times.

If you are going during crowded, peak season, or the free dining period, and trying to get into all the most popular places, (LeCellier, O'hanas, CRT) then it may be required to get up early that day and call. Also, if there is a special place and time that you "must have," then you may want to call as soon as you get up. Cause you never know. Even Sci-Fi has been hard to get into lately.

Wells
04-06-2009, 01:19 PM
I'm sure that I will get a lot of disagreement with this but......:hide2:
Dining reservations are being continuously made, cancelled, and changed by everyone who is within a ninety day window for their trip. And many more people reach that magic number every day. Although it is best to make your reservations as far in advance as you can, I don't think jumping on the phone the second the reservation line opens is necessarily any guarantee of getting what you want. My personal experience is that it doesn't really make much of a difference if you call at 7:00 AM sharp or 2:00 in the afternoon. Relax, it is what it is, I'm sure that you will be able to find something you will be happy with....
:thumbsup: