PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic Dining Plan Times???

danicafan
04-05-2009, 05:17 PM
I called to try to make reservations for the Fantasmic Dining Package for our upcoming trip in July. I was told that they only did seating for the Fantamic Dining Plan seating from 3:30 - 4:45 when Fantasmic isn't unil 9pm. That seems crazy to me. I went ahead and took at 3:30 reservation because that is all that was available and we couldn't even get into Mama Melrose because it was already booked for the entire 10 days we are there since Fantasmic is only certain days and not every night.

gerald72
04-05-2009, 05:21 PM
That gives you plenty of time to take in another attraction or two between dinner and the show. Grab a fastpass before dinner and when you are done eating, it should be time to ride.

Hull-onian
04-05-2009, 05:23 PM
We did the dining plan. We weren't nuts about it. So we choose a different restaurant, it could be anywhere, and got to Fantasmic about 45 minutes before it started. The entrance is right next to Beauty and the Beast and it is an easier entrance. Not only that, there is plenty of seating. I would try to make a second ressie somewhere else for a later time if you can. It's up to you.:mickey:

danicafan
04-05-2009, 05:27 PM
Thanks, I've been to Disney several times and this will be my 2nd trip for 2009 I'm fine with the 3:30 seating but just don't understand why Fantasmic Dining Packages are only for seating between 3:30 and 4:45 when Fantasmic doesn't start until 9. I know in December 2007 we had Fantasmic Dining Package Dinner at 6:30 for the 9:00 Fantasmic show. The area that is reserved for Dining Packages is pretty good size so one would think it wouldn't be full to capacity if they only have 3 restaurants participating in the Fantasmic Dining Package with seatings that begin from 3:30 and the last seating is 4:45. Oh well, we will just make it a late lunch that day at 3:30!

TheDuckRocks
04-06-2009, 10:50 AM
My guess as to the "why?" behind it would be the same as other restaurants that offer an early bird special. 3:30 to 4:45 is a fairly dead time at a restaurant and offering the perk of the reserved seating keeps diners using it during that time.

Stu29573
04-06-2009, 10:55 AM
Yep, the "why" is that they want to fill up those early slots on the ressies. I ran into this problem when I was booking for our trip in June. I just told them to forget it. I figure we'll just get there early...

pandkx3
04-06-2009, 11:01 AM
I tried to get the mm fantasmic dining package when I made my adr's and they where already out...I called on the first day I could at 7am. Anyway, can any of you tell me how soon they allow seating before the show starts?:secret:

MOJoe
04-06-2009, 11:14 AM
It seemed crazy to me too. So even though i intended to book the Fantasmic dining package, the 3:30 ADR time had me second guessing. My sons frequently complain that they can't eat when they want. So i ended up not booking the package and just taking a later, regular ADR for the Brown Derby.

I'll be standing in line with the rest of the masses this June. Hope this turns out to be a good decision.