PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast: Crystal Palace or 1900 Park Fare?

MissDisney+3
04-05-2009, 04:26 PM
Here are my reasons for wanting both of them:

Crystal Palace:
PROS:
We would be going on our first day at disney and i'd try to get the very first reservation. This way we can get into the park early and take pictures without the crowds in the backgrounds. My kids would both enjoy the characters here. I hear the puffed french toast is great. And we can hit the park immediately after.

CONS:

We've eaten there before, many years ago before we had kids. Since using the dining plan we were trying to do "new" things. Secondly pooh and friends are easy to get autographs and pictures from, we usually go to the animal kingdom meet and greet spot.

1900 Park Fare:
PROS:
We really enjoyed the food and the atmosphere here when we went for dinner here last trip. Eventhough that was with Cinderella and her crew. Also, the chracters here are a bit harder to find elsewhere, especially the mad hatter. But even Alice and Mary Poppins aren't the easiest to get to. I know Mary is in world showcase but you have to get there at the right time. Plus my dd and ds both love alice and wonderland.

CONS:

It's our first day and we'll be excited to get to the park. Eventhough it's a short monorail trip back to Magic Kingdom it still takes up some time. Plus we don't get the early entry and nice pictures of MK by the time we get back.

WDYT?

gerald72
04-05-2009, 05:06 PM
I vote for 1900 Park Fare, for the reasons you gave. A place you haven't tried before, and new, rarer characters.
This is the same decision I had to make for my upcoming trip, too.

wdw_bound
04-05-2009, 05:32 PM
Crystal Palace hands down. We left the park for our 1900 PF ADR last trip, and it is surprising how much time it takes out of your day (2 hours or so). Our 1900 experience was bad - the characters did not seem very organized - we had finished breakfast before the first one came by. Mad Hatter/Alice are really not as hard to come by as you might think - we've seen them loads of times near the teacups.

CP on the other hand - there is a lot to be said for being in the park early with a great family portrait in front of the castle. The food is great, and the character interaction has been wonderful each and every time we've been.

Have a great trip :mickey:

MissDisney+3
04-05-2009, 05:45 PM
Ok, we're 1 and 1. Can't wait to see what others say?

sgdisney
04-05-2009, 05:49 PM
I've never been to 1900 Park Fair, but try to book an early breakfast at CP every trip. There is nothing quite like passing up the gathering crowds at the entrance and going in before everyone else to an almost vacant Main St. And we have never been disappointed in the food.

ryobi88
04-05-2009, 05:51 PM
crystal palace i just love this for breakfast then stright to the park oh i`am there ..we have adr for here this coming trip in may :thumbsup:

Wrigley
04-05-2009, 06:20 PM
We have done both breakfasts, and have to say that I really prefer Crystal Palace. There is just something about being the park before others, and I think that their buffet is wonderful. Hands down, Crystal Palace!

TheMartellFamily
04-05-2009, 06:55 PM
We love the food at Crystal Palace we did not like 1900 Park Fare. So my choice is Crystal Palace.

Adambomb85
04-05-2009, 06:55 PM
That is a really tough one. I've done both and I prefer 1900 for the character availibility and atmosphere (gotta love Mary). Food was very good at both places, but preferred the assortment at 1900. However, if you are in a rush to hit the parks - Crystal Palace may be your best bet. Still, my reccomendation is for 1900.

Either way, you can't lose!

tinksmom02
04-05-2009, 09:33 PM
We've done and enjoyed both. Having said that, I'm going to attempt for early am CP ressies for our Sept trip, for the same reasons you mentioned. Plus, didn't you say the kids had never been there? So it'd be new to them! ;)

On one trip it seemed as though Mary Poppins was following us--we saw her at 1900, at the castle breakfast, in Norway (? actually we've seen her there more than once), UK...it seemed everytime we turned around, she was there!

disneydeb
04-06-2009, 06:38 AM
Welcome to Intercot!

I just spoke with someone planning a Disney Vacation about this very thing. Was it you? If so, HI THERE!

I vote Crystal Palace also. I love getting early admission into the park.

poeticeclipse
04-06-2009, 12:33 PM
Here is my take on it...

I've done both for breakfast. Actually, 1900 twice for breakfast. I prefer 1900 over Crystal Palace.

During my experience at CP, it was so crowded and busy that all the characters didn't even get around to our table and we were there for almost 2 hours! The rotation of characters was executed poorly. The food was fine, nothing special. We didn't even get done before park opening to get the cool picture in front of the castle. So, that kind of stunk.

At 1900, I think the characters are WAY more interactive and are somewhat rare characters. At least, hard to find. I love the strawberry soup. It's easier to get through the line because it's just not as crazy in there.

Just my thoughts! :)

Hull-onian
04-06-2009, 05:57 PM
We are going to the Crystal Palace on the day we have scheduled for the Magic Kingdom. Our niece (who will have just turned ten) should enjoy it. I think it will be a good experience for everyone all the way around.:thumbsup:

rkwctw
04-06-2009, 07:49 PM
We have done both as well and are doing 1900 on this upcoming trip. I like 1900 because of the monorail ride over and it did not take that much time. CP is great because you can get in before any one else is in the park. Either one is a good choice.
:mickey:

thejens
04-07-2009, 05:22 PM
This is a tough decision, but ultimately it is about location, location, location! Would have to lean toward CP. But I LOVE Alice. I think she is the best character we've ever interacted with. My 4 year old got shy and hid under the table and she crawled under the table with him and said it was just like the rabbits hole. It was amazing. I love both places and think the food is terrific at both. I guess it gets down to what is more important to you: the characters or the Magic Kingdom?

Insanity Clause
04-07-2009, 05:37 PM
My vote is for 1900 Park Fair. I really loved it when we went there for the character breakfast in 2001. It was kind of funny though because we were the only ones there that didn't have kids with them. But what can you say...I guess I am just a big kid. This time around I am definately bringing the kids.

Charlee
04-08-2009, 01:27 PM
This one is a hard decision for me as I love both character breakfasts. 1900 Park Fare has a lovely atmosphere, different characters, and a great buffet selection and its in the Grand Floridian which is just beautiful to look around. However, I would always go for the Crystal Palace as its in the Magic Kingdom.
There is nothing more special than walking out of the Crystal Palace after breakfast ready to have a great day in the Magic Kingdom!

tyandskyesmom
04-08-2009, 04:07 PM
We like both but if time is important, go with Crystal Palace.

1900 Park Fare tends to be very slow seating. We have been many times and love it but always end up waiting around too long. So we try to make it the first seating if we go so we do not have to wait too much.

Gocubs
04-11-2009, 04:08 PM
Can someone walk me through the process of getting into the MK for an early reservation at Crystal Palace? I think they start taking reservations around an hour before park opening, correct?

Where do you go when you get to the MK gates? Will I be able to get transportation there early enough from the Wilderness Lodge?

dmosher
04-11-2009, 09:07 PM
Still haven't made it to 1900 PF, but we keep talking about it. That being said, we love the breakfast at CP. Nothing says your first day in Disney like Mickey waffles with Pooh and Friends.
:pipes:
D