PDA

View Full Version : Which dinner show?

Mrs Bus Driver
04-05-2009, 11:52 AM
We will be a group of 4 adults. DH, DD & BF and myself. I would like to hear the pros and cons of Hoop De Due and Spirit of Aloha. We will be on the DP and I know this will take 2 TS. But thought this would make for a nice evening out :mickey:

TheMartellFamily
04-05-2009, 11:59 AM
I have not done the Spirit of Aloha, so I can only say that Hoop Dee Doo is a real treat. It is a Wild West Stage Show with audience participation in it. We enjoy doing Ohana's at the Poly and doing HDDR as a show and meal.

eam
04-05-2009, 12:03 PM
The Show, the food, the setting, and the general ambience of Fort Wilderness are all first class. The show is enjoyable and undrstandable for all ages and you might just find yourself up on stage. The food is good and like the show fits all tastes. Taking the boat to and from Hoop, completes the experience.

Hull-onian
04-05-2009, 12:12 PM
We will be a group of 4 adults. DH, DD & BF and myself. I would like to hear the pros and cons of Hoop De Due and Spirit of Aloha. We will be on the DP and I know this will take 2 TS. But thought this would make for a nice evening out :mickey:

Hoop Dee Doo is a fun up beat show. They recognize anniveraries and birthdays. Every seat is a good seat. The food is served in a timely manner so it is hot. Outside they take a photo before you enter, it is worth it.

Spirit of Aloha is a lot of fun. I liked it when the kids got up on stage, that was fun. Food was very good. We had a great time.:mickey:

tjstrike
04-06-2009, 12:46 AM
The hoop dee doo is 10 times better than Spirit of Aloha !! (IMO)

c&d
04-06-2009, 09:48 AM
We've only done HDD and we really loved it.

DizneyRox
04-06-2009, 10:11 AM
There is only one dinner show on property, that is the Hoop Dee Doo. Everything else is garbage..

Nini5055
04-06-2009, 10:45 AM
Loved HDDR!!!:thumbsup: What to say but FUN, FUN, FUN!!!!:D

I'm glad that I went to the Poly Luau, but will not go back...dd7 was super bored and didn't like the food. :confused: However, for adults I think the Luau can be very nice.

Mrs Bus Driver
04-07-2009, 03:12 PM
Hoop Dee Doo is a fun up beat show. They recognize anniveraries and birthdays. Every seat is a good seat. The food is served in a timely manner so it is hot. Outside they take a photo before you enter, it is worth it.

Can you use photo pass for this picture? :mickey:

Tygger7
04-07-2009, 03:18 PM
Can you use photo pass for this picture? :mickey:

Unfortunately, you can't use Photopass for the HDD picture. We tried when we went in 2008, but no luck. However, the show was fantastic and we plan to make it a tradition on every trip to WDW now. :number1:

beksy
04-07-2009, 06:07 PM
I think I read on another post that once you buy the picture (or any of the pictures for that matter) you can save the receipt and get it put onto your photopass. Someone please correct me if this is wrong 'cause I want to do it!

As to the original question We LOVE HDDR! It is so funny and the food is yummy and plentiful. I like the boat ride over too. I've never been to the Luau, but my sister (who loves Hawaii) would not do it and miss out on the HDDR. We weren't back to the resort before we had put it on our must-do next trip list.

EllieMae
04-07-2009, 09:12 PM
Another vote for HDDR! I loved everything about it, we had 8 adults and 2 young kids and we all loved the food and the show :mickey:

SingingLights
04-07-2009, 10:23 PM
We have done all the dinnershows at DWD and my families' vote is HDR by far. The others are OK but HDR is good food, good family entertainment for everyone in the family and in opinion the best performers of the dinner shows. Have a great time no matter where you go.

Dsnygirl
04-08-2009, 04:07 AM
:mickey: Wow... you guys are just echoing everything I've ever heard about the comparison b/w the Luau and HDR!! I really want to do the Luau - I think it would be so neat - but I'm thinking my kids would really prefer the HDR, based on everyone's advice... and we'll be celebrating our 15th anniversary, too, so the fact that they recognize things like that would be nice... I think you've got me changing my mind on this one! Good thing I haven't made ressies yet!! :thumbsup:

Vinny
04-08-2009, 07:56 PM
Another vote for the Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue. We usually make an ADR every other trip or so and its always a great time.

grumpypima
04-08-2009, 09:35 PM
One more vote for HDR! My family really liked it & we are a tough crowd to please. At the time our two sons were 16 & 4. We were celebrating our DS's 4th birthday. We made last minute reservations so the only available seats were upstairs. Sitting upstairs turned out great for us. Our DS-4 could see everything. Also, the "light guy" put the spotlight on DS once durning the show and it was the highlight of our trip. We still laugh about it.

kemps@wdw
04-08-2009, 11:30 PM
Hands down, the Hoop-Dee-Doo. We have seen this show EVERY time we have visited the World. And will NOT miss it in all our future visits. Sometimes we see the same performers, and sometimes there are new ones, but always the same corny but fun show! Great food and lots of it. Ask the Pioneer Hall Players about getting one of your party "in the show", trust me...I'm still laughing @ my DH in a pink tutu! :funny:

twinboyz
04-09-2009, 09:59 AM
We've been to the Luau and had a great time and the food was awesome! Fun show and everyone has a chance to Luau at the end. :thumbsup:Now we're thinking about doing HDDR. Great post!