PDA

View Full Version : Please say a prayer for Pittsburgh

crazeedizneefinatic
04-05-2009, 12:36 AM
Saturday April 4th at 7:30am 3 Pittsburgh Police officers were gunned down. They were responding to a supposed domestic call. The gunman premeditated the incident and was armed with an ak47, a hunting rifle and a pistol. He shot the officers in the head as they approached the house. One of the officers was a friend of the family's son. He was only 35 years old and on the force for 2 years. Please say a prayer for his family and the 2 other families involved. Thanks!

tadshome
04-05-2009, 05:01 AM
I have just seen this awful incident on the news :hug: for all of the familes if these wonderful men, they will be in my prayers.

merlinmagic4
04-05-2009, 07:39 AM
There are definitely prayers coming from here. :(

joanna71985
04-05-2009, 07:56 AM
Oh my goodness, that is horrible! They will definitely be in my prayers. :(

RedSoxFan
04-05-2009, 08:19 AM
Very sad and such a tragic lost. Prayers to the families and those on the Binghamton tragedy which is an hour south of me.:(

deedeenmickey
04-05-2009, 09:18 AM
These families will be in my prayers!! I cannot believe the evil. My husband just quit his job as a police officer about 3 weeks ago for a better paying job. I am thankful!

Magic Smiles
04-05-2009, 10:18 AM
This is horrible. What is up with these people?

jillluvsdisney
04-05-2009, 06:46 PM
We were just talking about this in roll call this morning. 44 people have died in mass shootings in the past month in the US. It's a very scary sign of the times. Economic pressure and domestic problems can become an explosive situation. Those officers never had a chance. They were ambushed. God watch over them, their families and the Pittsburgh PD.

yjgirl32
04-05-2009, 07:11 PM
How very sad. My family was just there a couple weeks ago to see a Penguins game and was helped by two wonderful Policemen. They were super nice and very very helpful. My prayers go out to them and their families. God Bless Them.

kakn7294
04-06-2009, 09:47 AM
Here's the worst of it - it all stemmed over a mother kicking her 23 yo son out of the house because his dog was urinating in the house. She called for police assistance in getting him out of the house and when she opened the door to the responding officers, he stepped up behind her and shot those 2 officers, killing them both. The third officer killed was off-duty, having just finished up his nightshift when he reponded to the call. He also fired at nine other officers, injuring one, as well as at neighboring homes. The mother survived the incident and was unaware that her son was behind her when she opened the door. It's all so horrible - I can't even imagine what those officers' families and the shooter's mother are experiencing.

crazeedizneefinatic
04-06-2009, 08:14 PM
The worst part of it all is the mother is now threatening to sue over the media slandering her son! The whole family seems very low class. They are all a bit off. I feel sorry for none of them. The shooter was no good. Kicked out of boot camp, high school, retraining order against him. The media was only reporting the truth and she does not like it. It will be interesting to see where this goes. The scuillo family is friends of our family, the shock and sorrow is beyond belief. The shooter needs to put up for the death penalty IMO.

crazypoohbear
04-06-2009, 08:21 PM
How terrible for the whole community.
There just seems like there is so much killing going on now. I pray that world is able to right itself and soon.

Stitchahula
04-07-2009, 11:45 AM
Oh God, I feel so bad for those poor families. You should expect to be able to come home from work. I'll say a special prayer for those families.

disneyfan328
04-09-2009, 02:52 PM
There is so much going on with this story at this point. I was in downtown Pittsburgh today to watch the funeral procession as they took the caskets from lying in Repose at the City County Building. There were so many people it was very moving. I did ok until one of the cars passed with family member and there were little ones in the back seat crying and sobbing. It just breaks your heart that these kids will be without a dad (or uncle, family member, whatever they were to these kids)

The suspects mom was aware that her son was preparing to battle police and was loading guns and donned a bullet proof vest so she may now be facing charges for not alerting the officers to that when they came to the door even though she had told the 911 operator that there were weapons in the house, that info was not relayed to the police. This is just so tragic especially in that their deaths could possibly have bee prevented.

My thoughts, prayers and sympathies go out to the officers friends and family members. May they rest in peace and watch over their families.