PDA

View Full Version : Resort Choice

dudeman1975
04-04-2009, 08:20 PM
Please let me know if you would rather choose Coronado Springs, Animal Kingdom, or Wilderness Lodge. Does one have better transportation over the other. We are traveling with two kids and I was thinking that Wilderness Lodge may be better as it is closer to Magic Kingdom.

Thank you everyone for your help.

scootch713
04-04-2009, 08:28 PM
I would decide which parks you will be at the most. We love the WL. The closeness to MK(especially if you are in a hurry, take the bus, will be at MK within a couple minutes). The pool is very kid friendly too with a great slide. I haven't stayed at the other resorts, but we have stayed at WL twice and really loved it both times. Never had any real issues with the busses.

dudeman1975
04-04-2009, 08:48 PM
Thank you for your help. We will look to go with the Wilderness Lodge.

AllDisney
04-04-2009, 09:49 PM
We have stayed at all 3 resorts you mentioned.

Our favorite is AKL. We love the pool. The food court is pretty nice. The animals surrounding the resort and the chance to see the animals at night with the night goggles is a nice feature. You can go to AKL and see the animals without being a guest there. It is far away from the parks, except for AK. Transportation was never an issue.

WL is our second favorite in your picks. It is easy access to MK. The pool is OK. The atmosphere will remind you of the northwest. The food court is very small, but then again so is the resort compared to the others. Whispering Canyon is a fun family restaurant. Transportation was never an issue.

Coronado Springs was very nice. The pool is awesome. The grounds are nice to walk around. The Pepper Market was a very different and a pleasant place to eat. It's not your standard food court. Transportation was never an issue.

Hope this helps:mickey:

KatMark
04-04-2009, 10:45 PM
We've only stayed at the CSR--it is our favorite Disney resort. We hope some day to do a split stay with the AKL (we have no desire to stay at the WL at all). Here are the approximate bus times from the CSR to each of the parks:

Hollywood Studios - 6 min ride once leaving resort
AK - 6 min ride once leaving resort
MK - 10 min ride once leaving resort
Epcot - 7 min ride once leaving resort

SBETigg
04-04-2009, 10:46 PM
I think Wilderness Lodge is an excellent choice for a family with young children.

buzz2001
04-05-2009, 07:34 AM
CSR is my family favorite! I don’t know if it will work for you but pick which resort theme you like best and which resort amenities meet your family's needs. Also, check out my CSR website below for updated info and pics.

Here is just some quick info on CSR.

CSR has newly renovated rooms (about half done as of 3/2009) and queen beds (only mod to offer them).

A terrific main pool area that includes a 123 ft slide (2nd largest at WDW), kiddie pool, arcade, playground, sand volleyball court, hot tub (largest on WDW property), a bar, and snack bar (very good food for CS).

Reliable transportation that is not shared with other resorts, 4 resort stops and quick rides to all the parks. CSR has the closest bus stops to the park entrances too (first stop at DHS and MK)!

Other amenities you may be looking for in a resort.

Only moderate to offer suites.

A spa, salon, tanning beds, a lap pool and fitness center (free to its guests).

Full menu room service, expensive though.

Central air, flat panel TV’s and WiFi available.

Rix Lounge – a dance club voted most trendy bar in Orlando.

A business center with computer access.

http://i35.tinypic.com/ostjs3.jpg

http://i33.tinypic.com/2igcfa0.jpg

GINNY69
04-05-2009, 08:22 AM
I stayed at both the CSR and AKL. I would stay at the AKL on the savanaugh View. We loved the animals, the food was good there. The pool was really nice too...No matter were you stay you will have a great time..

Gregandmel
04-05-2009, 09:02 AM
We've only been once and stayed at WL. We loved the boat transportation over to MK and we'd also take the boat to MK, then switch to a resort boat and go to the Poly for dinner on occasion. The bus transporation was terrific. We were always the first ones picked up, so it was nice to get onto an empty bus first thing! You'll get a lot of opinions, as most people here have stayed at a variety of places, but I would recommend WL in a heartbeat! Everything is so close by as well. Good luck - and have a wonderful trip!!!

Nicki'sMom
04-05-2009, 10:35 AM
We have stayed at WL and POR Riverside in the past. From what I can tell WL ad AKL are built in a similar configuration and easy to get to the main areas no matter where your room is. All rooms are inside the corridors of the hotel too. CSR, from looking at the map of the place looks pretty spread out to me. Some of those rooms look far from the food court and main desk. This may be something to think about with young kids. People who have actually stayed at CSR may have a better opinion about this. When my kids get older we will definately be staying at CSR. It looks so pretty but when they are young I would pick AKL or WL if I could afford it this year. We are staying at POP so I am hoping for a room not too far from the food court and buses. Good luck with your pick and have a great time.

Mousemates
04-05-2009, 02:17 PM
My answer is it depends:

If the economics of your traveling are tight then CSR would certainly be a good choice...similar sized rooms with queen beds and a nicely themed pool. If you are going to spend most of your time inthe parks then this is a great option and will leave you more to spend elsewhere. The only real drawback to me is the "spread-out-ness" of the resort...lots of walking to get to food, pool, recreation.

However, the AKL are WL are great resorts with great pools and wonderful lobbies...an AKL savannah view room is a unique experience you just can't get anywhere else. To me the great benefit of WL is what you mentioned...convenience...boat to the CR...where you can catch the monorail...or straight to the MK...we like them all...but our overall rating would be (without financial considerations):

1. AKL savannah view (without the view WL would be first)

2. WL

3. CSR

Darbylew
04-05-2009, 03:39 PM
We have never stayed at CSR but we have stayed at the AKL and we liked it. The lobby is
really something to see. The food court was ok
but not the usual kind. Whatever you choose
you will have a wonderful time. :mickey:
BEEN THERE DONE THAT AND GOING BACK IN
NOVEMBER 2009. :D

TheMartellFamily
04-05-2009, 05:08 PM
We have not stayed at any of them, but here is my thought. My DS said he really wants to stay at WL, he has seen it it and thinks it looks really cool. We then were at AKL well that one is really cool too. That one is my choice. DH says we only are in our room to sleep and change so we do not want to spend the extra money, so with the kids getting older and needed a bigger room we will try the CSR.

javamama
04-05-2009, 10:22 PM
We've stayed at 2 out of the 3, and I'd say w/kids and thinking of transportation go w/WL. CS is my fav moderate, dh and loved it but the walks to the bus stops can be far sometimes. At WL you have options to MK bus/boat--bus is quicker IMO--fyi! We do like both resorts for the dining, and pools were great at both actually CS has a great pool, WL pools are very nice aslo. You can't go wrong w/either.

gaffz70
04-06-2009, 08:33 AM
LOVE WL!!!!!
If I had to pick what I like least about WDW it would be the buses, so I love that there are other transportation options at WL. It's a great value for the resort and location. I wish I would have taken a pic of my kids when we walked in...their mouths were on the floor.
Have Fun !

Tygger7
04-06-2009, 08:50 AM
Another vote for WL, especially if you plan to spend a lot of time at MK. Beautiful resort, and my all time favorite place to stay. :mickey:

c&d
04-06-2009, 09:44 AM
Having stayed at all three WL gets my vote because of the boat ride to MK. You can also rent bikes to ride over to Fort Wilderness. FW has one of the best buffets at Trail's End for dinner. At dusk and in the morning you can also walk along the exercise path and see all the deer feeding.

I love AKL but it does take time from the resort to get to the other parks. Plan on about 45 mins from the time you leave your room until you're at a park other than AK.

CSR has a great pool area and food court but overall I think WL will be your best bet.

Whichever one you choose you really can't go wrong.