PDA

View Full Version : El Pirata Y El Perico Restaurant- is this open year round?

Guya103
04-04-2009, 01:16 PM
Is this quick service restaurant open year round? We are going in August and would love to eat here for a change. Isn't it in Adventureland across from Pirates?:mickey:

kakn7294
04-04-2009, 01:40 PM
Yes, that's where it's located. It was open in March but not all day - it opened around 11a and closed around 6 or 7p. We still haven't made it there.

LudwigVonDrake
04-04-2009, 03:11 PM
I never saw it open last July. Maybe this year? :mickey:

javamama
04-04-2009, 03:19 PM
Seasonal, but I have no idea what that means like which season:confused:

dmosher
04-04-2009, 05:16 PM
In all the times I have been there (over 35 total yearly) I have never seen this open. Must just miss it.
:pipes:
D

CaptSmee
04-04-2009, 10:39 PM
No. It is not open year round. It was open last May when we were there, closed in both Oct & Jan.

Figment!
04-05-2009, 06:44 PM
It is on Seasonal Operation, so no it is not year round.

It has been internally announced that the location will be operating April 5 -18, 2009; however, future operational periods will likely not be announced till closer to the planed dates.

Gotta Love Eeyore
04-07-2009, 10:00 AM
Why is this particular restaurant operated seasonally? Is it owned/operated by an outside source? We have always wanted to try it. It seems like it would be very popular due to the fact that it offers a different choice from the other CS places.

ShanPooh
04-08-2009, 04:17 AM
Definitely seasonal.
Last time we saw they were serving burgers and a couple other things pretty identical to Pecos Bill's and before that they had an awful go with some kind of buffet.
I hope they come to their senses and bring back Mexican-ish food! :D

Gotta Love Eeyore
04-09-2009, 08:20 AM
Is there a cast member that might can fill us in on this place?

cgriff
04-09-2009, 09:44 AM
El Pirata Y El Perico (The Pirate and the Parrot) was open during my last trip to WDW in June 2007, but I had not seen it open during previous summer trips. So, although I believe the "open seasonally" refers to summer, it's operation seems to be spotty even then. It's almost like it is opened only on an "as-needed" basis, for when crowds are x-large or if perhaps another CS venue is closed for some reason, then they open the PyP. When it's open it's the only place to get a greasy taco in the MK!

I found that PyP's dining room/seating area interconnects internally and is shared with Peco Bill's. So this makes a great shortcut between Caribbean plaza and the Splash Mountain area of Frontierland (a more direct connection between POTC and SpM than using the Adventureland/Frontierland breezeway or by following along the railroad right-of-way between these two major attractions.)

Figment!
04-09-2009, 10:28 AM
Is it owned/operated by an outside source? Nope.

Why is this particular restaurant operated seasonally? A few years ago park Management decided that they could operate efficiently under normal crowd capacity with out this location and the Diamond Horseshoe Saloon.

To reduce operating costs, these locations are typically only operating during times of high crowd capacity. During these high crowd times the demand for dining locations increases and additional operational costs can be justified, fiscally speaking.

The Tommorowland Terrace (now of Noodle Station incarnation) also operates seasonally, but was added to the "list" more recently and tends to be open more frequently that the other two seasonal locations.

Gotta Love Eeyore
04-09-2009, 02:44 PM
Thanks so much for clearing that up. What a shame though, I love mexican food.