PDA

View Full Version : party of 10

Suz36
04-04-2009, 11:18 AM
Can anyone make recommendations on good restaurants to dine at with a large group of 10, 4 of which are children? Thanks!

KathyMJ
04-04-2009, 11:26 AM
One of my first choices would be Ohana. They have great big long tables for larger groups. The kids will love it because the have little games for them thoughout the dinner! It is a wonderful family restaurant! And the dessert is heavenly :cloud9:

GoofyforFun
04-04-2009, 12:50 PM
We had 11 for most of our dinners (5 kids age 11 down to 3)
CM back in the corner round table
Also LeCellier has long tables if in your at Epcot.
Cape May Cafe can sit in a group of tables side by side???

Sometimes the adults enjoy a little away time, kids sit together. A site may tell you which rest have larger seating available.? Forget???
Allearsnet has a page for kid friendly places.

javamama
04-04-2009, 03:25 PM
We had a party of 10 last year only 2 kids though we did Kona, Le Cell, Coral Reef--keep the kids happy, Ohana, Chef Mickey's, CRT, and we skipped 50's PT all were great seating except Coral Reef booths--they do have tables we didn't get one though.

dmosher
04-04-2009, 05:07 PM
I posted this on another one but I thought it might help you as well.
---
If your looking for a fun meal for a group then the best are:

Whispering Canyon Cafe - Wilderness Lodge: Big tables and a great environment with lots of pre and during meal interaction. It is however not guaranteed that your server will be interactive and some have not had that special touch with their meals. Not bad just not extra fun! But a boring, unfriendly meal is very rare here.

50s Prime Time Cafe - Hollywood Studios: Lots of fun and silliness pre and during the meal, but smaller tables so your group may be broken up at different tables, but still in the same room and usually next to each other.

Boma - Animal Kingdom Lodge(buffet): Amazing food and a very cool (but not necessarily FUN) environment. Also be warned, we had particularly bad service here with our group, since the server knew he was getting a tip anyway.

Crystal Palace - Magic Kingdom (Buffet): Good food and great desserts plus who doesn't love Pooh and Friends stopping at your table for hugs and pics?? This is a lot of fun, a bit noisy with all the kids running around, but worth it.

Hope that helps.
:pipes:
D

Suz36
04-06-2009, 03:50 PM
Thanks for the help!

grumpydude
04-06-2009, 08:18 PM
Whispering Canyon would be my choice.

spoiledraf
04-06-2009, 08:38 PM
Just a heads up, parties of 8 or more have to call Narcooses directly for ADRs. I got a recording but they called me back the next day. My resee was within 30 minutes of my target time.

Tigerinvestigator
04-06-2009, 11:24 PM
We had a party of 14 at Garden Grill and it was great. It's actually our favorite place to eat on each trip. Best one on one time with the characters, food is excellent (and all you can eat) the theme is unique (revolving floor) and you can see into Living with the Land boat ride!:thumbsup:

Woozle
04-07-2009, 01:44 PM
We did 13 at Chef Mickey's with no problems and the Rainforest in DTD. Lucky for us we are down 2 people for this June.

Belster
04-08-2009, 05:24 PM
Just did a party of 11 in October with 3 of them being children. Here is where we went:

1. Liberty Tree Tavern with Characters Loved It!
2.Crystal Palace (Never again)
3.Brown Derby (Love it)
4.Coral Reef(Love it)
5.Sci-Fi(Love it)
6. Le Chef de France(Love it)

As a large group we were able to sit together at all of the places, but at CP we had tables next to eachother, as well as Sci-fi, two cars.

Hope this helps!

ThanxForNoticin
04-08-2009, 06:37 PM
There are some excellent recommendations above.

Last year, we had a group of 21 - an awesome time. We were able to enjoy a large table - together - at 'OHana, Boma, and T-Rex. We also had 2 tables next to each other at Teppan Edo in Japan (EPCOT) - that is an excellent place to have a group of 10. Whispering Canyon is another very good choice. Have fun!

kemps@wdw
04-08-2009, 11:36 PM
Our last visit was w/a party of 9 (2 youngsters and 1 teen). We had ressies @ Rose & Crown Pub @ Epcot and were lucky enough to be seated @ a large table on the back patio w/a PERFECT view of Illuminations. WOW!!!:eyes: And the food was excellent too!:thumbsup: