PDA

View Full Version : tell me about EE

tinkerddeedee
04-04-2009, 07:50 AM
It wasn't there when we were and I was just wondering what kind of ride it was. It's a roller coaster right? What would you compare it to? I don't do roller coasters or droppy rides, but I might try it!:paranoid::hide2::faint::hide::scratch:

SorcererJim
04-04-2009, 08:08 AM
It would say Big Thunder on steriroids! :) It a "typical" roller coaster with a few surprises, goes pretty fast... if you don't mind being spoiled check youtube for ride videos.

Enjoy!

mrsgaribaldi
04-04-2009, 08:22 AM
It would say Big Thunder on steriroids! :) It a "typical" roller coaster with a few surprises, goes pretty fast... .

Excellent description!!! I love this ride:thumbsup:

GrmGrninGost
04-04-2009, 09:28 AM
I wouldn't call it typical. It goes frontwards, then backwards, then frontwards again. No inversions, but at one point it almost feels like you go through an inversion. A lot of the ride is inside the mountain, in the dark. It is pretty fast (about 50 mph max), but I think it feels faster. All in all, the BTMRR on steroids is a decent description. Also, the theming is great! When you actually see the Yeti (all of about three seconds), it is incredible! Very realistic! I would try riding it once, it's quite an experience! :mickey:

hauntedmansiongirl
04-04-2009, 09:51 AM
EE is a great ride, even for someone who gets sick easily. I always feel awful for 20 min after, but it's well worth it. For someone who is afraid of hills, the main hill isn't that bad and kind of curves around a small corner, so it doesn't seem as bad as some other hills (Splash Mountain for example). Everyone has to do this one at least once!

Meteora
04-04-2009, 10:31 AM
I went on Everest in January and, let me tell you, I am a huge coaster wimp. I found it to be much more intense than BTMRR. I don't know exactly how to describe it, but the force being exerted on my body during Everest was noticeable, whereas it wasn't on BTMRR or Space Mountain. That being said, it was over quickly, I lived through it, and I'm glad I had the experience of doing it.

WDW_Obsessed
04-04-2009, 10:48 AM
I agree with the descroption of BTMRR on steroids :mickey: However, I would also say be prepared for it to be more intense than BTMRR, as the backwards portion, IMO, makes this ride a little more nauseating to me. I loooove roller coasters and have no problems with any of them, but my mom is NOT a roller coaster person by any means. She rode EE (just once) on our last trip, and while she had no desire to do it twice, she was happy she had the experience. I say give it a go...it's a short ride and the theming is so cool it's worth seeing at least once. :thumbsup:

Briansmom
04-04-2009, 11:40 AM
I am debating whether or not to do EE on our next trip in May. I am not a roller coaster person but love BTMRR and with encouragement from my DD, I conquered RnRC last year (actually went on it several times and looking forward to doing it again this year!).....how does EE compare to RnRC? :unsure:

rkwctw
04-04-2009, 12:10 PM
EE is great. The biggest issue most people have is the going backwards part. If you can do RnR you might be able to do EE. Try it once, you're at WDW.
:mickey:

WDW_Obsessed
04-04-2009, 01:21 PM
I am debating whether or not to do EE on our next trip in May. I am not a roller coaster person but love BTMRR and with encouragement from my DD, I conquered RnRC last year (actually went on it several times and looking forward to doing it again this year!).....how does EE compare to RnRC? :unsure:

If you like RnRc, EE will be a breeze!:thumbsup:

PetefromRI
04-04-2009, 01:42 PM
It's nothing compared to RnRC.The last trip we decided to sit in front and it was a completely different ride all together.I'd tell everyone to try the front if this ride seems a little tame."BTMR on steroids",I like it,it describes this ride perfectly!

javamama
04-04-2009, 03:01 PM
Lets just say the first time I rode it, I asked dh did we just go upside down:confused: the backwards part threw me for a loop, no pun intended:D I love it, my ds does too he rode it for the first time last year at 4:thumbsup:

GINNY69
04-04-2009, 04:08 PM
I love this ride.. Its one of my favorites..:mickey:

dmosher
04-04-2009, 04:35 PM
OK honestly I enjoyed Expedition Everest and I hate roller coasters. Really. Yes it had some hair raising moments, but it is very smooth and I never got that "dear god my heart/stomach is in my throat" kind of moment. Personally I do not like Big Thunder and even the drop on Splash Mountain troubles me at times, but EE was OK. My wife loves it but she likes these kind of rides. I enjoyed it and will probably go on it again, but not 2 time sin a row. I would say try it. It's not as bad as it seems and even the final drop was pretty easy and over very quickly. I was so distracted by the themeing the first time I missed the really scary moments of the ride. No worries, give it a shot, if only once.
:pipes:
D

princessimagineer
04-04-2009, 05:33 PM
its great!

if BTMRR and SM had a baby that was clearly part of the 21st century generation, it would be E:E.

dumbo ears
04-04-2009, 06:48 PM
I could compare is to the mummy rollercoaster at universal studios if you have seen that. But at disney its probably closest to an faster and higher drops version of BTMRR

MickeyMousse
04-04-2009, 07:20 PM
Do not eat before going on this ride. :ack:

And if you're like me, it will take awhile to regain your appetite afterwards......:sick:

But it is one of the best rides in the world! :thumbsup:

drummerboy
04-05-2009, 01:23 AM
My stomach usually takes roller coasters much better than it does roundy-rides, but I think the backwards part left me a little :sick: for a while, as some others have said. I never really saw the Yeti, although I was looking.

tinkerddeedee
04-05-2009, 07:49 AM
ok, whats BTMRR???? I'm such a newbie:secret:

ok, i went and checked it out on you tube and i will for sure be trying it out!!!!:thumbsup: it looks very cool!
thank you all!!!!:party:

Giggy
04-05-2009, 03:36 PM
I have not been on EE yet, when we went in 2004 we saw them building it though. I'm avoiding spoilers such as youtube videos so that it is new when we go in the future.

ok, whats BTMRR???? I'm such a newbie:secret:

ok, i went and checked it out on you tube and i will for sure be trying it out!!!!:thumbsup: it looks very cool!
thank you all!!!!:party:

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

I've not been on here very long either, it's taking me a while to get all these abbreviations into memory.

RedSoxFan
04-05-2009, 03:40 PM
It's an awesome roller coaster --- one of my favorites now at WDW. Love it.

Hull-onian
04-05-2009, 03:47 PM
I haven't tried EE as yet. But I did do the walk through, right into the gift shop. It was great.:thumbsup:

garthbarth1
04-05-2009, 08:52 PM
EE is great and I am not, repeat, not a roller coaster fan! But I can do that with no problems...the only part I close my eyes on is the climbing upnthe hill...but it is awesome! Now RNR.....I am a wimp! I wish I had the nerves to tackle that! DH would be so happy!

RedSoxFan
04-05-2009, 09:42 PM
DH is not a roller coaster fan and yet, he loves RnR. He did not care for EE; but did ride it twice. Me -- I'm a roller coaster fanatic. Could ride them all day.

beksy
04-07-2009, 01:36 PM
My sister had never been on a rollercoaster before our last trip but promised to go on BTMRR with me (one of my favs.). She then insisted on riding it several times each day of our trip! The next day we went to AK and she tried EE and did great. She can't wait to go on it again when we go back. RnRc is still out though!

You will pick up on the abbreviations in no time. There's a place on Intercot Central that list them all if you need help. My new favorite game is to talk about something at Disney and use as many abbreviations as possible...it drives my sister nuts! :thedolls:

Villains0501
04-08-2009, 02:57 PM
Awesome roller coaster with and AWESOME story and an AWESOME Yeti.

LudwigVonDrake
04-11-2009, 05:30 PM
One of my favorite coasters :coaster: