PDA

View Full Version : Dining with an Imagineer

rkwctw
04-03-2009, 08:48 PM
We are doing the dining with an Imagineer in June at the Brown Derby. Has anyone else done this? I know you get a soup, the Cobb salad, there are three entrees to choses from and then also dessert. I have seen that it can last anywhere from 2-3.5 hours. What is it like?
:mickey:

Dulcee
04-03-2009, 09:09 PM
It is possibly one of the best experinces we've ever had in WDW. We purchased it as a surprise for my parents about three years ago. (We also got two for ourselves). We were seated with about 5 other people and the imagineer in a seperate room in the Brown Derby. He introduced himself, told us his history with WDW and also mentioned some topics/questions that he wouldn't be able to broach during the discussion. The food was fantastic and the conversation amazing. The imagineer we had met worked with Disney for over 20 years so he knew quite a bit. Lunch lasted over three hours when he finally had to excuse himself as he was late for a meeting.

It was fantastic! You are sure to enjoy yourself. If your a planner keep your afternoon open, this is one thing you aren't going to want to rush out of..

DisneyGlutton
04-03-2009, 09:23 PM
He introduced himself, told us his history with WDW and also mentioned some topics/questions that he wouldn't be able to broach during the discussion.

Out of curiousity, what couldn't they talk about?

Dulcee
04-03-2009, 10:20 PM
Projects that were in the works but hadn't been released to the public yet, movies in the works at the moment, some policy stuff within the Disney company... thats all I can remember off the top of my head