PDA

View Full Version : POFQ "Water View" - who's done this?

Gregandmel
04-03-2009, 01:36 PM
For those of you POFQ fans, if you've had a water view that you really enjoyed, can you tell me what building or room you were in? We plan on staying there and want a water view of the river (I know it means you can get a view of the pool, or the river, but we prefer the river if we can get it). I don't know much about the layout of this resort. Also - is it better to choose a specific floor or a corner room to lessen the noise of running feet past your door? :-) THANK YOU!!!

castlelady36
04-03-2009, 02:21 PM
We had water view in building 2 but in my opinion it was not worth it. You can see the river any time...if you take the boat or walk over to POR or even just heading out each day to the parks it is pretty viewable from almost anywhere since it is such a small resort. If the castle were in view sure I'd think about it but for me it was not worth the extra $$$. As far as running feet I would take the rooms on the far end. Our room was 2nd floor 2 rooms down and we heard a lot of back and forth individuals. Check out the map here on Intercot!!

brownie
04-03-2009, 02:22 PM
We stayed in room 1227 in building 1. Buildings 1, 6, and 7 do not border the pool, so you might want to request one of those buildings.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
04-03-2009, 05:35 PM
Personally, I didn't find the wateview upcharge worth the add'l $$$.

Granted it's all personal choice, but it's basically opening your window and seeing the river. It's not like you'll be sitting out on the balcony enjoying the evening and watching boats glide by you. Half the time when we get back from the parks it's getting late, so we end up closing the windows anyway for privacy.

For me, paying extra for waterview at a moderate hasn't been worth it.

But if you like it, I wish you the best.

tinksmom02
04-03-2009, 09:43 PM
We enjoyed our riverview room in 2007 (Building 5, 3rd floor). We were just around the corner from the pool, and I don't think we saw anyone else on our floor the whole week (thus, no running feet past our room!). I really liked hearing the horses from the carriage rides trotting along and the boats to DTD & POR at night.

However, when we went last year, waterview wasn't avaiable. We were in bulding 4, 3rd floor again, and didn't miss the riverview at all.

Would I book it again? Probably not, but it was a nice view and I'm glad we had it at least once.

Crow
04-03-2009, 10:54 PM
Ill be there APril 12 so will check it out. Personally I think Im hoping for building 1 or 7 to be away from crowds. Ill report on it when I get back

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-03-2009, 11:50 PM
We were in building 6, third floor with water view. We had received a complimentary upgrade and I can't say we really spent a lot of time looking at the river.