PDA

View Full Version : Best Area at POR

Insanity Clause
04-03-2009, 11:22 AM
I was wondering about the rooms at AB at POR. Next friday I will be calling to request that my friends that I am meeting down there and my family be put fairly close together at POR. But I was wondering what building you all preferred. We would like something fairly quite with a water view. So help a girl out.

hauntedmansiongirl
04-03-2009, 02:35 PM
I have only stayed twice at POR, and both times we requested AB. We had the best visit last time in Building 37. It was very quiet and is just a 2 minute walk to the North Depot.

The parking lot was almost empty when we went in September, while some of the others were packed. I think because it is a far building, it isn't as busy as the close ones.

We didn't find the walk long or hard to Riverside Mill, but we heard some people complaining. It is a big resort, but very well landscaped and peaceful, so the walks all seem short. You'll have a great time!!

stitch34
04-03-2009, 04:27 PM
We stayed in AB last year and loved it. We will be staying there again in 30 days!!!!:) Again we will be staying in AB. We have to stay in this section due to the number of people on our party. So if you have any rooms with 5 people, you will have to stay in AB as well. That being said while the mansions look nice I think we would stay in AB even if we did have a choice.

Last year we stayed in Building 18 with a water view and it was absolutely amazing:thumbsup:!!! Great view:cloud9: and close to the bus stop, the food court, and the boat to downtown Disney. We had no problem with it being too crowded or loud. It was a great trip and were hoping to be in the same area this year!!!

The Hitchhiking Ghost
04-03-2009, 05:31 PM
Another vote for AB building #18. Centrally located, not right next to anything but still close enough to the bus depot, main pool and the food courts. Woud request that building again in a hearbeat.

rkwctw
04-03-2009, 07:53 PM
A vote for building #18 in AB. Buildings #14 & 15 are not bad either. This will be our fourth time at POR and we all love it.
:mickey:

c&d
04-06-2009, 01:54 PM
We've stayed in AB in buildings 18 and 17 and 26 all were good locations.

We also stayed once in building #35, it seemed to be a million miles from everything.

tinkerddeedee
04-06-2009, 07:18 PM
We're leaving for POR in 34 days:mickey: and I'm wondering if anyone could give a guestamate amount of time it takes to walk from these "good" rooms to things like the pool, bus stops, main building? I'm a walker, but my DH and girls aren't!
I have also requested 14 and 17, maybe I'll ask for 18!!! ;)