PDA

View Full Version : Splitting?

jrpersinger
04-02-2009, 09:23 PM
Is it true you can get a double cheeseburger and order a additional bun so you can split it? And if so, how do you do that on the dining plan?

We waste so much food at Disney we thought this might limit that.

Nini5055
04-03-2009, 10:54 AM
Honestly, unless you are trying to maximize your dining credits for more meals I wouldn't bother. I don't know if they would just give you an extra bun, because the intent is obvious...JMO.

offwego
04-03-2009, 11:25 AM
While we have never done this (teenage boys take care of extra food), it is a menu item for about a dollarish at Peco's Bill to get the extra bun.
A different method may be just an seperate order of sandwich burger etc without the fries and drink and just the sharing of the fries and drink. (for when a burger splitting method would be unwise at say blacklot with the yummy sandwich for instance)

SillyOldBear
04-03-2009, 11:31 AM
We have done this everytime. You can do it at Pecos Bill and Cosmic Ray's that I know of. We just have them charge it to the room--the extra bun. When I was there in December, it somehow went with the credit. And with the dining plan, we do everything possible to stretch it out. It makes no sense to sit down and get everyone a quick service credit. There is just too much food. With 2 adults, a 12 year-old daughter, and 7 year-old son (who eats more than the older one)...we still can split 2...and then if you need a "snack" later, we split 1.

Goes4FastPass
04-03-2009, 11:35 AM
I don't if you can order just a bun but my wife and I frequently split CS meals when we're on the DDP. That way we can, for example, split a late morning early lunch, TS dinner and split a late night CS meal during EMH.

jrpersinger
04-03-2009, 12:04 PM
Thanks!

This is our first time on the DDP. We usually have 1 TS a day and then 1 CS a day, if that. We don't eat alot when we are hot. So, we have wasted so much over the years. (I'll just take Mickey ice cream bars and popcorn, thanks! ;) ) This past year we split alot of our meals like one the Previous Posters mentioned. But I had never heard about being able to buy a extra bun before. Ofcoarse, DH is really the only one to eat burgers when we are there anyways.

This is probably not something we will use on this trip. Since our goal with the DDP is to try to get the most bang for our buck and compare it to see if its worth it for us to use again. But its good to know.

KSS
04-03-2009, 11:54 PM
we have done this several times.. extra bun less then $1

DisneyDoug2
04-07-2009, 10:40 AM
Instead of paying the extra money, why don't you just cut the hamburger in half?

Goes4FastPass
04-07-2009, 10:46 AM
Instead of paying the extra money, why don't you just cut the hamburger in half?

No, I really like the idea of buying a double cheeseburger meal and an extra bun especially at locations that have a toppings bar.

Any human who plans to go on living a while would do better to split a double cheeseburger meal than eat the whole thing...

...and that leaves us a CS credit to use later.

BMan62
04-07-2009, 11:21 AM
No, I really like the idea of buying a double cheeseburger meal and an extra bun especially at locations that have a toppings bar.

Any human who plans to go on living a while would do better to split a double cheeseburger meal than eat the whole thing...

...and that leaves us a CS credit to use later.

So, against Intercot TOS, you are suggesting that you should cheat the system?

Goes4FastPass
04-07-2009, 11:38 AM
So, against Intercot TOS, you are suggesting that you should cheat the system?
Of course not! How would it be cheating the system?. That's ridiculous.

My wife and I purchase the DDP. We each get one CS meal per day. Nothing says we have to purchase 2 meals at a time. We may buy one at 10am and split it and buy another at 10pm and split it or we use the CS credits on our arrival and our departure day even though the number of credits equals the number of nights we're staying.

Or we may make day 3 an all TS day and use CS credits on other days.

Since DDP "credits" have to be used from checkin day through departure day what does it matter?

buzznwoodysmom
04-07-2009, 12:05 PM

My thoughts exactly!!!

BMan62
04-07-2009, 12:10 PM
Of course not! How would it be cheating the system?. That's ridiculous.

My wife and I purchase the DDP. We each get one CS meal per day. Nothing says we have to purchase 2 meals at a time. We may buy one at 10am and split it and buy another at 10pm and split it or we use the CS credits on our arrival and our departure day even though the number of credits equals the number of nights we're staying.

Or we may make day 3 an all TS day and use CS credits on other days.

Since DDP "credits" have to be used from checkin day through departure day what does it matter?

Technically, you are taking twice the condiments from the fixins bar.

For someplace that you don't add to the meal - splitting a CS entree is fine, but when you have a situation like Pecos Bills where there is a fixins bar, you're stretching things. JMHO

Goes4FastPass
04-07-2009, 02:20 PM
Technically, you are taking twice the condiments from the fixins bar.

For someplace that you don't add to the meal - splitting a CS entree is fine, but when you have a situation like Pecos Bills where there is a fixins bar, you're stretching things. JMHO

OK, I guess it's possible to wig out at the fixin's bar though a buck for a bun ain't cheap. Somehow, I wanna believe that the Disney Company has written enough profit into my stay to include maybe an extra slice of tomato or a pickle or two.

angyl15
04-07-2009, 02:49 PM
wow - this has to be one of the funniest threads I have read in quite awhile. I never knew so much thought went into the splitting of a hamburger or the moral implications of such....

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
04-07-2009, 03:34 PM
We have done the "Buy and extra bun and share the fries" thing several times. And if Disney didn't want you to purchase a bun, they wouldn;'t sell it. I refuse to think I am cheating any system, I am making my dollar go further. As far as the fixins bar... Oh please.... I have seen people put more fixins on a side of fries than we do on on 2 burgers.... If Disney didn't want people eating it... it wouldn't be out there... you would have to order your burgers with the toppings measured out and put on by CM's. THere is nothing worng about trying to save money at Disney. They get a lot of $$ out of us each year on our vacation... I refuse to believe that BUYING a bun and sharing the fries is unfair. I love all things Disney, and I am not rich... as such I will do my best to stretch my dollar as far as it can go... so that we can go back each year.

Mousemates
04-07-2009, 03:56 PM
While I think this thread has kind of moved into the mountain out of a molehill arena....or at least a friendly debate that shows our libertarian or legalistic leanings...in the spirit of friendly banter here's my theory on the "great double cheeseburger split option debate"

1. They sell double-cheeseburgers and after I purchase it, I am free to do with it what I will.

2. They willingly sell buns, (I mean no one makes them sell you a bun,) and after I purchase a bun I am free to do with it what I will.

3. They have a condiment bar which is used to dress up the plain food items purchased at the counter. As far as I know there is nothing stating that the bar is only for hamburgers, fries, or wraps or whatever...it is to dress up any of the food purchases.

Therefore if (and this is a completely hypothetical "if" since we've never done this) I choose to buy a bun and put lettuce tomato and onion on it and have a veggie sandwich thats okay...and if I choose to take one of MY meat patties and put it on that bun, surely thats okay too.

:beat::beat::beat: