PDA

View Full Version : Best value at WDW

Mendelson
04-02-2009, 04:18 PM
What would you say is one of the best values in all of the World? Think broad here, and big or small.

One thing I would suggest is the variety of good items one can get as a "snack" on the DP. I mean, you could get a bottle of soda....but you can get some really good stuff, also. (I would say the dining plan used to be a great value, but as they've chipped away at it, not so much anymore.)

DME is free, so it's hard not to consider that a great value. However there is some cost associated with being without transportation...it will make it harder for you to go to a non-Disney attraction like Sea World (which is in large part why they offer it). And you can't really buy groceries from the grocery store either. But overall, I think DME is a good value.

Adding days to your ticket in the park if you already have four or so on it...and it's only $3 or whatever to add a bunch of days....that's a pretty great value.

Value resorts at value season are...well...a good value!

Refillable mugs - never get them but seems like a great value.

Buying bride and groom mouse ears - they're not cheap but you'll have them forever as a souvenir, and you get so many nice words throughout your vacation...making these a good value.

But for my money, I'd have to say that Dole Whip floats on the DP as a snack is one of my favorite values in the whole World.

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-02-2009, 04:46 PM
Our :bride: and :groom: ears were the best value, since they got us a free Dole Whip :thumbsup: (as well as a lot of Best Wishes!)

Disney is expensive, but it is still a good value for what you pay. We like being able to pre-pay with the DDP, love the refillable mugs, the snack credits get some neat stuff.

The best of course, is that the Disney magic is still free!

dumbo ears
04-02-2009, 05:37 PM
I think a cheap but memorable souveniur are the pressed pennies. I agree that the dole whip floats are a good deal

playdead88
04-02-2009, 05:47 PM
i must agree the dole whip on the snack list is quite an awesome value - the 10$ store at DTD is a great place for the kids to pick up a few things and when the kids were younger the autographs from the characters only cost your time in line and they loved it - one of my faves is gardengrocer - having soda water popcorn and pop tarts in your room is great and cheap

Septbride2002
04-02-2009, 05:58 PM
The refillable mugs are a great deal if you are a soda drinker like my husband and I are. We drink probably 3 or 4 sodas a day - so for us the mugs are a great deal.

Free parking for resort guest.

Free Valet for DVC members! :party:

SOME of the buffets can be a good value and other one's you leave feeling like you've been poked in the eye.

~Amanda

cmsizzlin
04-02-2009, 07:35 PM
I think the best value for me personally isthe fact that:

1. We drive down from IL We love road trips and take our time seeing other sites on the way so we get the best of both.
2. We stay offsite in a beautful rental home which costs us less per day than a deluxe resort.
Downfall offsite - no dining plan, no EMH but we can live with that. Beacuse we eat breakfast before we leave for the day unless we have an ADR Character Meal and cook at night if we choose
3. Enjoying the magic of WDW and making wonderful memories with my family
4. I find that dining within the parks is not that much money considering the atmosphere you get, the pleasant service and good sometimes great food.

GrumpyFan
04-02-2009, 11:34 PM
The Trail's End buffet at Fort Wilderness is one of the best values on property, IMO.

Another really good value is Starring Rolls at DHS.

DisneyPrincess21
04-03-2009, 12:18 AM
Adding days to your ticket in the park if you already have four or so on it...and it's only $3 or whatever to add a bunch of days....that's a pretty great value.

Could someone explain this comment to me, I'm kinda confused. :confused:

GrumpyFan
04-03-2009, 12:50 AM
Could someone explain this comment to me, I'm kinda confused. :confused:

I think the table here (http://intercot.com/themeparks/tickets/passes/magicyourway.asp) might explain it best.

I think what they're were trying to point out is how the prices to add on days past 4 drop significantly. For example:
4 day base ticket price is $233,
adding on another day is just slightly more than $3 for each day you add on.

Mendelson
04-03-2009, 09:40 AM
Yeah, sorry if I wasn't clear - I meant the tiered pricing system that allows you to add days to your ticket at very minimal increases.

I mean, the idea is they want the park admission to be cheap at that point because they hope you'll book more rooms at the hotel, spend more time and thus more money in the parks, etc. But whatever the motive, it's a great value. So when people whine, "One day at WDW is $70," I reply, "Or $3, depending!"

MickeyandTink
04-03-2009, 12:42 PM
Going during "Free Dining". :eat: While it's not as good a deal as it was a couple of years ago now that you no longer get an appetizer at the TS and tip is not included, it's still the best savings package out there for us value vacationers.

As for souveniers, the Mickey "crazy straws" at only 50 cents. We buy a bunch for the kids to give to their friends when they get home.

brownie
04-03-2009, 02:41 PM
Hot pretzel from Germany in Epcot's World Showcase.

TheMartellFamily
04-05-2009, 04:33 PM
The Chip and Dale sing along and Movie are free at Fort Wilderness. Our kids love it, I will admitt I love it too and I am an older kid. This is always something we did while I was my kids age growing up.

Mousemates
04-07-2009, 01:08 AM
staying somewhere less expensive and watching fireworks from the beach at the poly or GF

riding in the front of the monorail

icewater

an evening on the boardwalk watching the streetertainment

tmosier
04-07-2009, 11:17 AM
Yes to the pressed pennies!

The cinnamon roll at Main St.Bakery is also a very good deal--- big enough to share but only takes one snack credit. :)

Tink#64
04-08-2009, 12:03 AM
We think that eating from the food court at Pop is a great value! They have some very good food & lots of choices & with our refillable mugs already purchased, we can get a meal that satisifies everyone's tastes for little more than we spend at at fast food place at home & enjoy eating poolside in our swim attire listening to the great music!

I too agree on the Gynormous pretzels from Germany, DS's & I have these as our dinner while DH enjoys his brat or sausage loaded!

The margarita's :marg: from the Cantina de San Angel, are a great value because they are strong & you can make it last a loonnnggg time!

Another for us are the antenna toppers, we love to buy one for every season/holiday and at around $4.00 each, they bring us our Disney all year long! Also the Christmas ornaments that we buy each trip & have personalized with our name & the date, though at $14.00 not the cheapest souvenear, but as long as you are careful with them, they bring back so many WDW memories year after year when you have out your Christmas decorations! Priceless! :cloud9: