PDA

View Full Version : Fast Pass rules

FenwayGirl
04-02-2009, 03:29 PM
Can anyone explain the rules of the Fast Pass system?

DizneyRox
04-02-2009, 06:40 PM
Rules?

You get one, and you can't get another until the time shown on the FastPass that states when you can get another.

All parks are linked.

Some attractions allow you to get another almost immediately, others have a two hour (or so) wait.

ThanxForNoticin
04-02-2009, 06:58 PM
In addition to what DizneyRox has explained, I think there are a couple other items to know.

First, you can only use a valid park pass (one you used to get into the park that day) in the FP machine. Also, when you get a FP, you'll have a 1-hour time window (printed on the FP) to return to the attraction to ride.

Not all attractions use FP, and there are a limited number of FPs available each day. It's not unusual for some of the more popular attractions to run out of FPs at some point during the day.

caryrae
04-02-2009, 07:05 PM
This has good info http://www.intercot.com/themeparks/tickets/fastpass/default.asp

beksy
04-02-2009, 09:19 PM
Also, the ticket you use to get the fast pass has to be activated for that day. In other words, you can't send the first person who is ready over to the park with all the tickets to get fastpasses for everyone while the others are getting ready; all of the tickets have to have been used for entrance that day.

tjstrike
04-03-2009, 12:28 AM
Also, if you have a FP for a ride and the ride breaks down, they will let you use your FP at a later time or they will issue new ones. That happened to us twice on our last trip. And, just to be nice what we do if we get FP's for a popular ride and it's later in the evening when we're not going to be there, I try to give them to a family that might want to use them. Dis that several times last week.

MOJoe
04-03-2009, 09:52 AM
As far as the one hour window is concerned, there is some debate about how this is enforced. If the attraction is not overwhelmed, and/or you have cast members and gate managers who aren't having a "bad day," then you may be able to use that fastpass at nearly any time that day. However, there have been a few occasions when i have been denied the use of a fastpass after it "expired."

The code here seems more like a guideline. ;)

Diz-Knee
04-03-2009, 01:23 PM
I was thinking about FP and have a question. Say I'm at DHS and get a FP that morning for TSM and the return time isn't until later that evening - which is a likely scenario during a busy time. Would I have to wait until the time comes for my return before I can get a FP to say ToT or RnR? Or is there a particular number of hours I would have to wait before we could get our next FP?

Nascfan
04-03-2009, 01:34 PM
Would I have to wait until the time comes for my return before I can get a FP to say ToT or RnR? Or is there a particular number of hours I would have to wait before we could get our next FP?

It should be 2 hours after you get your FP for Toy Story Mania. IE: it's 11:00 am and you get a FP for Toy Story with a return time of 6:00 pm. At 1:00 pm you should be able to get a FP for ToT or RnR.

ThanxForNoticin
04-03-2009, 01:38 PM
I was thinking about FP and have a question. Say I'm at DHS and get a FP that morning for TSM and the return time isn't until later that evening - which is a likely scenario during a busy time. Would I have to wait until the time comes for my return before I can get a FP to say ToT or RnR? Or is there a particular number of hours I would have to wait before we could get our next FP?

The FastPass ticket will have the time printed on it showing when you can get another FP.