PDA

View Full Version : December Trip to remember Day 1&2

FRANKTASMIC
04-02-2009, 03:08 PM
Sorry this is so late in coming but finding the time is hard. :blush: I took my family (wife, daughter 16 & son 13) on what I think might be our last trip to DL as a family:( my dd will be leaving for college so I wanted one last trip with all of us. She is as much of a fan as I am. We left for DL on Nov 30 for a 6 day trip down south. We arrived in our Hotel (Desert Palm Suites), at about 4, and quickly freshened up so that we could head to the park. I had purchase a 4 day park hopper and it was buring in my pocket. We got to park and the attendance was pretty light. We hit all the big rides, space,Indy, Pirates, big thunder, and nemo. And walked around and enjoyed the Christmas atmosphere:mickey:. We had a sandwhich at the riverbell terace:thumbsup: and then watched Fantasmic from the rivers edge. Even though we going again the next day I believe in staying until the last moment. We decided to ride Indy one more time before we left, which really worked out. It was about 10 minutes before midnight when we got on, and there was another group of 4 with us. When the ride was coming to the end, the people in are car start saying send us again, and they did. This happend again when we came back for a third time. Finally the cast member said it was after 12 and we would have to get off. But 3 times in a row was great. Left for the evening to get ready for the next day. The next morning we were at the gate with our early entry passes. We waited for the rope to drop from about 5 feet back in the crowd. Once again not crowed.:cloud9: Since it was still during the year of a million dream I was hoping we would get something. We headed to Fantasyland to get some of the rides out of the way before it gets too crowded. We were in line for one of my favorite rides (peter pan) when a man holding a 2 year old started jumping over the bars to get out of line. I thought his kid had an accident, but it turned out that the dream team was at the castle handing out dream fast passes. Boy was I bummed out about that. We rode a few more rides and then got on Dumbo. As were coming off the ride we were met by another dream team and they gave each one of us the dream fast passes. :number1: It was pretty cool walking around with those things on, with only a few being passed out , you felt really lucky. People would ask where we got them, and then head over. Not sure if that helped. Once they start handing them out it becomes a mob scene. Well the rest of the day we hit all the lands in DL and we headed over CA. We rode all the big rides in this park and only had to us one fast pass for Scream'n. My dd was bummed over that, she wanted to take it home unused. That was the only tab we used all day in both parks, that show slow it was. We stayed until closing watched the fireworks, and headed back to the hotel. More to come soon....:cool:

NotaGeek
04-02-2009, 03:32 PM
Thanks for the report! I look forward to reading about the rest of your trip!

I won a dream fast pass the in the first few months they started, and it was SUCH a treat. I still have it hanging in my office!

pdrlkr
04-03-2009, 11:43 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

DisneyLandMomma
04-04-2009, 12:10 AM
Thanks for the report...can't wait to read the rest! :)

pdrlkr
04-26-2009, 08:24 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: