PDA

View Full Version : 18 month child rides

Imagineer1981
04-02-2009, 11:18 AM
We are taking our baby in Sept. He will be 18 months by then. Do you think he'll be scared on HM or POTC, or is he too small. Whats the best advice? pls help?

MidnTPK
04-02-2009, 03:27 PM
I visited WDW with my then 15-month old daughter in September 2008.

We chose not to take her on the HM or POTC. Not because we thought she'd be scared on the ride, but because after riding them (w/o her) we decided we didn't want to expose her some of the imagery in the ride. In POTC there's some very macabre skeletons and the image of Davy Jones from the movie. In HM there are lots of things she'll never see outside of the HM.

We didn't like the idea of some of those images making an impression / possibly being in her dreams. And since she was too young for us to verbally comfort (because she didn't understand many words at that point), we felt it was better to bring her only on the very happy rides with very pleasant images.

We're going in September when she'll be 27 months and I think we'll bring her on them this time. So I guess it really about how developed he'll be and if you think that seeing the things in these rides won't be damaging.

Belle--86
04-02-2009, 03:49 PM
We started going when youngest DD was 18 months and rode POTC AND HM-- without any problems. To this day she still loves these rides.

thrillme
04-02-2009, 05:04 PM
I didn't get to take my DS to Disney when he was that young but by 18 months he LOVED Jurassic park, Log rides (seaworld), "dragon wagons" (kiddy roller coaster), "paint buckets" (similiar to tea cups) etc.

His favorite childrens book of all time has been Ghost Train and Mickey's Christmas Carole.

He would have LOVED haunted mansion at that age. Only you know what your baby is going to like.

beksy
04-02-2009, 09:22 PM
I think IASW would be a good ride. There's lots of color, movement and music. My sister also liked Peter Pan at that age (she loved that her socks glowed!)