PDA

View Full Version : How early do busses start at POFQ?

Gregandmel
04-02-2009, 11:14 AM
If we are staying at POFQ and have 8:05am ressies at Crystal Palace at the MK (no morning EMH) how early do the busses start running? Will we be able to make it to the ressies in time? Thanks for any insight or advice!!

princessgirls
04-02-2009, 12:00 PM
I think the buses start running at 8am. 1 hour before park opening, except on EMH mornings.

You may need to taxi over to the Magic Kingdom. It's about a $12.00 fare.

Julie:mickey:

AuntDJ
04-02-2009, 12:51 PM
In the past there have always been special buses running.

We had castle ADR's for 8:15, and caught a bus to the MK about 7ish....Just ask when you check in.

Have fun!
DJ

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-02-2009, 01:37 PM
We've had 8:05 reservations for Crystal Palace and CRT, and both times we caught the bus around 7:15am from FQ with no issues.

The busses don't run as often in the early AM, so be sure to be at the bus stop around 7am, and you'll be there with time to spare :thumbsup:

CleveRocks
04-02-2009, 04:10 PM
I think the buses start running at 8am. 1 hour before park opening, except on EMH mornings.

You may need to taxi over to the Magic Kingdom. It's about a $12.00 fare.

Julie:mickey:
This is one of those rumors that just won't die. [I mean no offense to you, princessgirls]

Buses start running as early as about 6:30 a.m. or so. No one needs to take a taxi to Magic Kingdom to get to an 8:05 a.m. ADR. Cinderella's Royal Table starts ADRs at 7:00 a.m., and you can get there in time for that, let alone 1 hour later.

I know this fact by three independent methods:
1) I've read correct information from Disney as well as posts on message boards from Disney Transport drivers.

2) I've personally been on early buses.

3) During my recent stay at Polynesian, I could see the MK bus area from my balcony, and on several occasions I happened to look up and notice buses rolling in and people walking off those buses, walking towards the MK entrance. Each time I noticed this, it happened to be around 6:45 a.m. Buses may have started arriving even earlier, it's just that I happened to notice this each time around the same time, around 6:45 a.m. This was on every day, not just a single Magic Kingdom EMH morning.

playdead88
04-02-2009, 05:53 PM
one of the cm's told me once that the buses start running 30 min before the 1st table service ressie of the day - not sure how much truth is in that but i will say we have made every 8 am table service ressie we ever had - the buses are marked character breakfast and we told the driver where we needed to be and he took us

Hull-onian
04-02-2009, 06:45 PM
We take taxi's. Always got there on time, and it was easier than the bus.

Checkers
04-02-2009, 07:07 PM
:mickey:Have always taken the bus for our early morning ADRs and never had a problem. Check with the concierge at your hotel and they will be able to tell you but I am sure you will not have a problem.

TheRustyScupper
04-03-2009, 12:11 AM
Buses start picking-up at 6:45am.