PDA

View Full Version : Your Valued Opinion Please

cmsizzlin
04-02-2009, 08:58 AM
We are going to the World in August and I was wondering which day "You" think is the best day of the week to visit MK. We will be there from 8/15/09 (Sat) to 8/20/09 (Thurs). I need to make my ADRS this week and I was wondering what day of the week you think MK would be less hectic.

Thanks in Advance
Cathy

sassy2000
04-02-2009, 09:15 AM
I think the time you are going should be less busy anyway but I would suggest MK on a weekday without EMHs. Thursday is usually AM EMH. If PM EMH is Sunday night then I would suggest going to MK Monday. Hope that makes sense. :mickey:

cmsizzlin
04-02-2009, 09:21 AM
Thanks I really appreciate it. I know for a fact that we are doing Epcot on Sunday the 16th but I was up in the air about MK - thinking I might book the Crystal Palace Character Meal at MK on that Tuesday the 18th and do the other 2 parks in between. Since we stay off site we are not privy to the EMH which is fine. :mickey:

Sweetpea29488
04-02-2009, 09:40 AM
We are going to the World in August and I was wondering which day "You" think is the best day of the week to visit MK. We will be there from 8/15/09 (Sat) to 8/20/09 (Thurs). I need to make my ADRS this week and I was wondering what day of the week you think MK would be less hectic.

Thanks in Advance
Cathy

Not sure if you can make the ADRs yet. I'm right behind you on the dates and I believe it's 90 days out. It use to be 180 days but they changed it. (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, and let me know so I can make mine:blush:)

disneymom15
04-02-2009, 09:47 AM
I was just going to post your exact reply. We're going in Aug also and can't make ADR's until 90 days out.

KylesMom
04-02-2009, 09:52 AM
For August 15th, your call date 90 days out would be May 17th.

We've found that the best day to hit up MK is the day after they've had evening EMH, as Sassy suggested. :mickey:

cmsizzlin
04-02-2009, 10:04 AM
:thumbsup: Thanks all - I know about the 90 days out I am just trying to get all my ducks in a row. I also know about the EMH unfortunately they do not have August hours out yet - so I will hold out as long as I can.

7swans
04-02-2009, 10:35 AM
touringplans.com crowd calendar recommends MK on 8-15, 8-17, & 8-18.

It list MK as a park to avoid on 8-16 & 8-20, probably because these will be EMH days. EMH days boost park attendance all day.

The first 2 days of your trip crowd levels are projected at 8 &9 (out of 10). But the rest of your trip has crowd level projections of 6! Not too bad for August.

cmsizzlin
04-02-2009, 10:47 AM
7swans - thanks. The 15th is out because that is the day we are arriving and we just want to settle and let the kids relax before a hectic week of visiting the parks.

Thanks all - I knw I could get my answers here.

joonyer
04-02-2009, 12:05 PM
I'm sure that Disney has the actual park attendance statistics, and could tell you exactly (but they won't), but if i were you I wouldn't worry too much about this. Barring weekends, we have found on our many trips that we really couldn't tell much difference between different weekdays at any of the parks. If it is a morning EMH day, I would go to that park at opening or else go to another park that day. If you are there at opening on an early EMH day you can do a lot in a little time, but if you get there a couple hours after opening, the park will already be more crowded than usual. Unless you are an early bird, just avoid the park with early EMH that day and you will be fine.

Physcayt
04-02-2009, 01:19 PM
Not sure if you can make the ADRs yet. I'm right behind you on the dates and I believe it's 90 days out. It use to be 180 days but they changed it. (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, and let me know so I can make mine:blush:)

Did this change back recently? It was 90 days a few years ago, but then changed to 180 days. Intercot info central still lists ADR's as being 180 days in advanced. Does anyone know for sure which is correct?

mludman
04-02-2009, 01:25 PM
just booked through magical journeys and she told me it was 90 days for ADR

Physcayt
04-02-2009, 01:35 PM
Okay, I just called and they changed back to 90 days at the end of 2008. That makes more sense, since I know I booked at 180 days out for my trip in 16 days!!!

:mickey:

beksy
04-02-2009, 09:32 PM
We have tried to go by EMHs and suggested days but it never seems to work out. Now we start with the MK no matter what day we get there as our first full day and then usually have a day at Epcot, followed by DHS, and AK with another day at Epcot somewhere if time and always have at least a couple of days at MK. We just go by what our favorites are and what we feel like doing (thank goodness for those park hoppers!)

tjstrike
04-03-2009, 12:43 AM
I would try to get a late TS in MK on an EMH night and then stay for EMH. The park really seems to empty out after a hour or so. I think MK usually has PM EMH on Sunday nights. Or Monday if you don't like that idea.