PDA

View Full Version : Which park?

paragon
04-02-2009, 08:17 AM
Our trip is 23 days away! Will be at All Star Movies, with DW and friends. My parents will also be staying three days as well during our trip, they are Fl residents so they got a great deal. Mom isn't able to walk very far for very long, so we will be getting a wheelchair for her. They ( Mom & Dad ) haven't been to a Disney park in years, so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to which park to take them to. ( we have already talked this over, I was just wondering if others have had similar experiences ). Also, is it possible to see the Epcot fireworks from the Boardwalk resort?
Thanks!

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-02-2009, 08:20 AM
I would say Magic Kingdom or Epcot....my mom's favorite is Epcot but I think everyone's a kid in the MK:mickey:

Mousemates
04-02-2009, 08:38 AM
I too would go with MK and Epcot (in that order of priority)...unless they have been to MK and not been to Epcot. As for epcot fireworks from the boardwalk...yes you can see "some of them"...the tall stuff thats up in the air...but you can't the globe and much of the fire barge pyrotechnics....to us the best place to watch the parts you can see is upon the high bridge that links the area to the swan and dolphin on the walkway to epcot.

cmsizzlin
04-02-2009, 08:52 AM
I agree w/MK and Epcot but they might also like the DHS as well.

marylynne95
04-02-2009, 10:13 AM
I was just at WDW at the end of February with my mom who hadn't been in years and she loved every minute of being there. Disney truly does make you feel like a kid all over again. MK was a hit for the shear magic that is MK. DHS was a hit for the shows and to my surprise she loved TSM. AK was a hit because my mom LOVES giraffes and well you can see them in the safari and she enjoyed the shows. She didn't seem to be that into EPCOT, we actually took the monorail back to MK. Heck my mom even loved the big icons at the resort(we stayed at POP). Good luck and have fun!! :mickey:

PrettyMinnie
04-02-2009, 02:42 PM
I would say MK for the magic factor :minnie: and Epcot because there is SO much to do! Good luck!

beksy
04-02-2009, 09:27 PM
My Dad loves Epcot and my Mom loves MK, so we would go with MK because Dad likes it really well too while Mom gets bored after part of a day at Epcot. I'd say think of your parents' interests and go from there. Mom is just a big kid so the MK is perfect for her while Dad is more academic so he likes to explore Epcot.

ASweetLov
04-02-2009, 11:37 PM
Magic Kingdom and Epcot would be great choices!

tjstrike
04-03-2009, 12:32 AM
MK just for the fact that you don't have to go very far from one ride to the next, everything is compact and conveinent.

paragon
04-03-2009, 05:21 PM
Thank you all very much, its been helpful. I think we are actually going to get a one day hopper pass, start in MK then to DHS for Fantasmic, it should be fun. 22 days and counting.

marylynne95
04-04-2009, 01:38 AM
Sounds like a great choice! FYI: My mom LOVED Fantasmic!! Good end to a magical day :mickey:

brownie
04-04-2009, 09:26 AM
If you only have a choice of one park, I'd pick between Magic Kingdom and Epcot. My personal choice would be Epcot.

You might consider giving them an overview of the parks and see what they would prefer. They might surprise you with their choice!

PetefromRI
04-04-2009, 02:12 PM
MK or Epcot but your plan sounds pretty good to.

Celestria
04-04-2009, 02:17 PM
Epcot fireworks from boardwalk? the fireworks themselves are pretty low. most of the show for those fireworks aren't fireworks at all. it's best to see it in epcot

dmosher
04-04-2009, 06:27 PM
After having explored most of WDW by wheelchair some time ago I will have to dissagree with some other ideas.
While MK is close and compact and it is more accessable to things, that is it's problem. IN a chair the closeness of the streets, ques and shops making getting to things faster and easier, but the crowds much denser and harder to navigate.
My personal favorites where Epcot and Animal Kingdom.
If the person in the chair is into looking at the views, and things around them and not a "rush, rush to rides" type, then these two are much more suitable. Animal kingdom gets very sunny, but there are great sheltered areas to just wander about. Also some nice places to just sit in the chair and watch the animals/people go by. The rides are fun and accessible as well. Epcot (especially World Showcase) is also very nice in a chair. Most everything is flat and easy to manage and while crowds can be high, the main walkways (except at closing time) are wide and generally easy to manage as well.
My main advice is if possible avoid Hollywood Studios. While the shows can be accessible, there are few areas to hide form the sun and there surprisingly quite a few smaller hills to push a chair up and down. Stick with the other two and you will have a great time.
Hope this helps;
:pipes:
D

paragon
04-06-2009, 07:39 AM
Thanks again. Just a little more info, Mom is not "bound" to the chair, she is fully capable of standing, waiting in line etc, she just cannot walk for any distance for a long time, so waiting in line is ok, as well as being able to see "views". Also, they are 30 year Fl residents, so the heat and sun aren't going to be an issue at all.
Our tentative plans are to visit AK in the morning, then a hotel break, then over to DHS to see Fantasmic , we bought a two day hopper pass for them so we will also do Epcot and MK. Mom chose the "Wishes" fireworks and Fantasmic for the shows she wants to see.
Less than 20 days and counting!

Hull-onian
04-06-2009, 06:26 PM
Sounds like you have a great plan. It will be a good trip. We go in 26 days. Can't wait.:mickey: