PDA

View Full Version : needing to vent

jrkcr
04-01-2009, 10:57 PM
Thanks for letting me whine.

I drove into the garage on Saturday, and the garage door came down on top of my Toyota. So I had to have a repairman come out, just to get my car out of the garage! $$ The door was going up and down, and up and down. And they have to come back tomorrow to put in a new motor. more $$

So then Sunday night, the freezer ice maker stopped working. I tried using a hairdryer to defrost it, and DH fiddled with the settings, but nothing helped. The motor was burnt out, and I had the whole thing replaced today for more $$. The ice maker motor cost as much as a garage door motor! And after 6 hours, it has made only one tray of ice. So I guess we'll have to call the repairman again tomorrow.

AND we bought a new gas grill about 2 weekends ago and today I set the entire grill on FIRE. I have no idea what happened, but there were flames coming out from under the grill and out the sides. I had to pour buckets of water on the grill(still closed) to put out the flames, and reach through fire to shut off the propane tank(no I didn't get burned). And after I pulled the black ribs off the grill, I let it cool down and then spent hours cleaning off the soot all over the grill. So that made the kitchen sink, and half the kitchen a sooty mess, not to mention myself. I told the kids, I was really surprised that one of the neighbors called the fire department...but just as I said that, a 911 pick-up truck drove by!
It took hours to clean up the grill mess, and then clean up the kitchen, and then clean up myself.

And then to top it off...we paid over a thousand $ before DD's heart surgery in January. Then we paid over 900$ last month, and this afternoon I got another bill for over 3,000.$ Hopefully DH will come home and tell me our "out of pocket" amount has been met already, cause money is just FLYING out of our house!!!

I need some serious de-stressing. I get :sob: when things go wrong.

pink
04-02-2009, 02:46 AM
I'm sorry you're having a hard time. I know how you feel, it seems like everything is taking money faster than it comes in. Just remember, when it rains it pours and hopefully your luck will get better in the near future. :mickey:

vicster
04-02-2009, 09:02 AM
Doesn't bad luck come in threes? If so, hopefully, your're done and things will pick up!

laprana
04-02-2009, 09:45 AM
I'm so sorry you're going through all of that! Sounds like it has been a rough few days! Sending some :pixie::pixie: your way for things to look up soon!

marylynne95
04-02-2009, 09:53 AM
It really stinks that it always seems like everything happens at the same time. :( Here is hoping things start looking up for you. Sending tons of :pixie: your way!! :hug:

TinkerbellT421
04-02-2009, 09:57 AM
Oh man, what a bad a few days for you. I feel your pain. I am in need of some distressing myself. Way too much to get into on my end. Sending tons of pixie dust your way so things pick up for you and hopefully when it does it will make up for everything you have gone through. :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

MNNHFLTX
04-02-2009, 09:58 AM
I'm so sorry for all the stress you are going through. I'm a firm believer that bad things come in threes, but it looks like they came in fours for you. :(

Hope that you have a run of good luck now (and more cash in, rather than out). :pixie:

Mackflava99
04-02-2009, 10:08 AM
I hear you and understand what you are going thru-
last fall i had the following all happen at once.

1.) Shower leaked and went thru dining room wall
2.) i loaned my grandmother alot of $$ and my uncle stole it from her so i will never see it again
3.) a person stole my identity and charged 60,000$ worth of phones to Verizon
4.) The other bathroom sprunk a leak ( i guess it was the 9th year anniversary of our house because the plumbing all went at once..
5.) The dryer burnt out.
6.) i was watching my 401K shrink every day like everyone else..
All within a 4 week period.... i almost crawled into a hole.
My wife and i re-grouped and while it took some doing, we have turned it around and are all most back to normal, except the money i loaned my grandmother.
working together help it alot. But i didnt sleep for about a month.

when it rains it pours, but spring always comes back , so it will get better.

RedSoxFan
04-02-2009, 10:41 AM
Sorry about all the stress you're having. I hope things turn around soon.

DisneyLandMomma
04-02-2009, 08:59 PM
Oh no...when it rains, it pours. I hope things turn around for you soon!!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-02-2009, 10:15 PM
I hope your run of bad luck is over and that things are looking up for you now!

Stitchahula
04-03-2009, 09:16 AM
Oh god I feel for you. I hate it when you get that Eeyore feeling, like that dark cloud just keeps following you around. I hope the down hill slope is over for you and you're now on an up hill.

jrkcr
04-04-2009, 02:58 PM
Thanks everyone!! It helped to read that I am not alone is this bad luck problem!

Everything has been fixed, and while it cost a bundle of money...it could have been worse!

The garage door is quieter, and the lights are much brighter on the new motor. The ice maker is making plenty of ice, and it too is quieter. The medical bills, DH said he would look into them, he thinks we've paid all we have to pay out of pocket. And the gas grill....well I haven't had the courage to try it out again. :blush:

And I have also been a bit stressed about our up-coming move, and job change. It is normal for us to travel for DHs job, but not knowing where we are going in 3 months makes me anxious. But, last night we put our options in order of what we would prefer, and met with DHs boss over dinner to talk about these choices. So I feel much better today!! And then I get on intercot and find a post all about "moving to Arizona"-what a coincidence!! This just happens to be number 1 on our list.
:rocks:

THANKS!!