PDA

View Full Version : Is EMH really Worth It?

Insanity Clause
04-01-2009, 10:21 PM
I was wondering what everyone's opinion is on EMH. Does it make things easier or are the crowds just that much worse. We are trying to figure out if we should avoid the EMH parks and go elsewhere on those days.

DreamFinder2
04-01-2009, 10:29 PM
I personally love EMH...especially at MK. We usually head over fairly late in the afternoon, pick up a wristband (or however they're doing it now) and hang out. Crowds will begin to thin around regular park closing time - especially if you stay away from the front of the park where non-resort guests are heading - and before long, you're walking around all by yourself!!!

Well, almost :blush:

But, really, if you can hang on until the wee hours of the evening/morning it's a great time just to stroll around and take in a couple leisurely rides on POtC or HM. Yes, there are definitely still lines and people, but much less busy than other times...IMHO.

Like I said...I love it :D

Grim Grinning Marathon Runner
04-01-2009, 10:42 PM
I'm not a big fan of EMH, especially the evening EMH, but I have some unique reasons. First, I'm just not as much a night person - I get tired after a full day in the parks. Second, I have some vision issues where I get a lot of haloes at night, and it's just not altogether pleasant. I still enjoy myself, but it's a bit disorienting.

For evening EMH, it's been my experience that early on, it's pretty crowded, and the later you stay, the thinner the crowds get. This is a great thing if you enjoy late evenings.

For morning EMH, you can usually get a little bit of a jump on folks and get one ride in and get a FP for another. Personally, I like morning EMH better, but hey, I'm on vacation, so some days I just don't want to get up early.

Overall - are EMH a good thing? Sure! For some people, it's great! You can definitely take in some things. A lot of people plan their park visits to parks that are ones NOT having EMH, with the idea that those may be a little less crowded.

My post is all over the place, i know, but it's really up to you. It's like, if you go to a hotel review site, you can read several different accounts of a stay at the same time, some people had a lousy time and nothing pleased them, others had a great time and can't wait to go back to the same hotel. It's all up to you!

DisneyGlutton
04-01-2009, 11:43 PM
EMH at night are awesome. As others have noted, the crowds thin out; when MK is open past midnight with EMH, its beyond amazing, you can really rack about the rides. As for morning EMH, I have no idea, I always sleep in.

Maleficent_vf
04-01-2009, 11:46 PM
We've taking advantage of EMH in two different ways. Last year, we stayed at EPCOT for evening EMH and found shorter lines at some of the attractions that usually have long wait times, like Soarin'. This year (last week actually), we went to MK the day after it had evening EMH until 2am. I hadn't considered attendance levels in a park the day after it has EMH until reading about it here (Thanks Intercoters :thumbsup:). We found attendance to be very reasonable and were able to breeze through a lot of rides very quickly, especially in the morning.

Have never tried morning EMH - getting to a park by 9 is challenging enough for night owls like my family!

tjstrike
04-02-2009, 12:05 AM
We just got back and the EMH's were really a good thing for us as crowded as the parks were last week. After about an hour into the EMH the rides were practically walk on, it was nice.

JRocker
04-02-2009, 07:23 AM
EMH in conjunction with a park hopper ticket works great for us.
We'll head to the park with morning EMH and knock out a couple of major attractions. After that, we usually book it over to another park. From what I have experienced the park with morning EMH tends to be the most crowded.

Evening EMH has been good and bad for us. We've done it over at MGM a couple of times and it was great. A couple of times over at MK, one night was excellent, another was jammed. But it is true, the later you can hang, the better it gets.

Only 71 more days:thumbsup:

SFTrny
04-02-2009, 07:45 AM
I'll echo the comments that the EMH is GREAT if you have the Park Hopper option.

dephenn
04-02-2009, 08:53 AM
We usually do the EMH morning hours, but with the kids getting older that might start to change.
I do find the crowds getting more and more heavier each year. With the growth/expansion of DVC I think that it may be time to open two parks for EMH or the M will stand for more waiting and crowds.

Mrs Bus Driver
04-02-2009, 10:51 AM
I go in Oct which does not have the lowest crowd levels but it is close. As a result the parks close early. I love the evening emh because it gives us more time. I plan our meals around evening emh and go to a different park in the day time to avoid the crowds. Our trips wouldn't be as enjoyable if there were no emh. :mickey:

Imagineer1981
04-02-2009, 11:21 AM
I personally love EMH, even though I understand there have been problems lately

DawsonAR
04-02-2009, 11:22 AM
We have young kids. We feel that EMH in the morning can really help us get some thing done before the crowds get to big. We don't take advantage of the evening EMH due to bedtime issues. We did use evening EMH when we took an adult trip. It was nice, but still too crowded for me.

joonyer
04-02-2009, 11:58 AM
We like the morning EMH hours IF we get there at opening. The first two hours you can almost do everything in the park (at MK for example). But unless you are going to be there at opening, I wouldn't go to a park that had morning EMH that day, unless it was much later in the day (evening). If you show up at 10 or 11 on a morning EMH day, the park will already be more crowed than usual, because of the park commandos (like us) that got there at park opening.

As far as evening EMH hours, we love being in the parks (any of them) after dark. With the special lighting, they really are more magical to me. It's fells even more like you are in another world after dark. I would rather spend 8 hours at MK from 6pm til 2am than any 8 hours during daylight (not to mention the heat). Yes, sometimes the crowds are heavy during evening EMH hours, but if they're really late (12 or later) the crowds will really thin the later it gets and you can walk on almost every attraction.