PDA

View Full Version : Yak and Yeti...Looking for Reviews

Duchess99
03-31-2009, 11:00 PM
Anyone have reviews of Yak & Yeti? The menu looks interesting...

Also, is the menu the same for lunch and dinner?

PlutoToo
03-31-2009, 11:16 PM
I don't remember if the menus are the same. I do know this was the best meal we ate at the parks with the exception of Le Celleir. The service was friendly and the food was very tasty.

Crow
03-31-2009, 11:45 PM
sat at bar last trip, food was good as was the sake. Id go there again. Service was good there.I was on the dining plan. Wonton dessert.

DisneyGlutton
04-01-2009, 12:09 AM
Y & Y was a surprising hit with us (we only booked it b/c it was at AK and we didn't want to leave the park to eat lunch). While its pretty standard Asian fare, its good--I would highly recommend the dim sum and the duck. The only miss was the mango dessert, though other ppl love it.

DisneyKings
04-01-2009, 01:12 AM
We like the Shaoxing Steak & Shrimp!

LandFan
04-01-2009, 09:10 AM
The dim sum basket was great! The dipping sauce that goes with it was very good too. I personally LOVE the mango pie but I love mangos...

Overall, we liked it a lot. We were there for lunch but I think the menu is the same for both as it was just one single page menu front and back - I don't remember there being a separate Lunch section on it.

The glacier water was fun too:thumbsup:

laprana
04-01-2009, 10:31 AM
We ate at Yak & Yeti on our last trip in June '08 and loved it! I recommend the crispy honey chicken and the fried wontons for dessert. Yum! :tasty: The restaurant itself is really cool so be sure to explore a little bit because there's lots to see there.

Friend of Figment
04-01-2009, 11:02 AM
We love Y&Y. The steak and shrimp is my favorite, but everything I have had is delicious. The presentation of the food is lovely and I've always had good service. We also love that they have Prawn Crisps for an appetizer - these are chips made from srimp paste. They might not appeal to all American palates, but I used to live in Indonesia and I learned to love krupuk (as they are called there).

MickeyMousse
04-01-2009, 12:39 PM
One word: YUM! :thumbsup:

JPL
04-01-2009, 01:16 PM
I have had 2 dinners at Yak and Yeti and both times the food was excellent. I had the Tempura Shrimp which was a nice generous portion. The Fried Cream Cheese Wonton Dessert is worth the trip to Florida that's really how good it is :tasty:

Chandlerella
04-01-2009, 03:54 PM
I second that on the Fried Wonton dessert. Best dessert on property for me.

wildernesslady
04-01-2009, 04:24 PM
We ate there a couple of weeks ago and all of us loved it. I would definitely go back and order the wonton dessert. Delicious.

elmjimmlm
04-01-2009, 05:27 PM
We were there in Dec. and it was our best meal...It is a must do for us and I can't wait to make our upcoming Yak and Yeti reservation...I am ready for some Wonton soup...

GrumpyFan
04-02-2009, 12:54 PM
We ate there in June 2008, and while the food was good (don't remember what we had), it's quite pricey. It's definitely worth a visit if you're using DDP, but if paying out of pocket, I would recommed Tusker House.

Hull-onian
04-02-2009, 07:05 PM
Well, we are going to Yak and Yeti for the first time. I am looking forward to it. I think it will be a good dining experience.:tasty: