PDA

View Full Version : If I am renting from DVC and have a problem

Jeri Lynn
03-31-2009, 02:13 PM
Hi,
I am renting DVC points this year, it is my first time doing this.

If we arrive to our Villa and have a problem, will I receive the same service because I am not the actual DVC owner?

Am I allowed to request things like extra blankets or pillows?

Thanks!

wendy*darling
03-31-2009, 03:44 PM
If you have a problem in the room- something that housekeeping or maintenance would respond to- then you can call and make your request just like anywhere else.
And of course, you can request extra pillows, blankets, room service, etc.

If you arrive and there is a problem with your reservation (wrong dates, unit size, etc.)- then you have a bigger issue that the DVC Member from whom you are renting will need to address.
I would make sure you have their contact info with you when you travel.

Jeri Lynn
03-31-2009, 03:46 PM
Thanks for the reply Linda!

DizneyRox
03-31-2009, 03:54 PM
You will be allowed to check-in and at that point whatever you want is on you. Any charges as a result of your calls should be billed to your room.

I've heard mixed stories about member perks being available to non DVC members, but you can ask. Perks may include pool hopping, discounted merch and possibly discount at some dining establishments. really depends on if they take your room key for thos discounts or if they will want to see your membership card.

I will guarantee you can't get a discounted AP, that's for sure. The others, maybe...

Jeri Lynn
03-31-2009, 05:18 PM
Thanks DisneyRox,
I don't really care about perks, or possible perks. We don't need parking or discounts and so forth, I just wanted to know that if I had a problem with our room, such as its cleansliness upon check in that I could call and ask the problem to be addressed.

I know we won't have maid service, that that is fine, we are four adult woman and can certainly pick up after ourselves. If we need towels we will just throw ours in the wash without a problem.

Zone Stop
04-01-2009, 01:41 AM
... If ... there is a problem with your reservation (wrong dates, unit size, etc.) ... make sure you have their contact info ...

This. This this this this this. THIS.

ONLY a member on the contract can modify the reservation in any way. If you have the wrong dates or room type (and depending on the Front Desk, even if you want the Dining Plan... or maybe want the dining plan removed) the desk WILL need to contact that member. It's in your best interest to know that the member would be available for us to contact around the time you expect to check in.