PDA

View Full Version : Sounds from WDW

Dulcee
03-31-2009, 09:32 AM
Does anyone else do this? My DBF has said I'm nuts but I poked around online to download sounds from WDW rides/shows/entrancemusic ect and I may have put in on my Ipod so I can run at the gym and pretend I'm a 1,000 miles away in the home of the mouse.

Anyone else listen to WDW sounds when your waiting for vacation???

TiggerD
03-31-2009, 09:55 AM
You are not alone, downloaded songs and while relaxing at home by the pool in the summer, I crank them up and it takes me to the Magic or while on a cold winter day, i also listen and it makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside...:mickey:

cer
03-31-2009, 09:55 AM
Nope, not strange at all. I have a CD I found called the "Happiest Celebration on Earth" or something like that and it has music from the parks/rides... it is great.

Nothing better than being able to hear "A Pirate's Life for Me," "Grim Grinning Ghosts" "Winnie the Pooh" , "There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" and the sound track from Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, it's a small world, Country Bear Jamboree....and many more...all in the "real world."

It is a great way to get a Disney fix.

DizneyRox
03-31-2009, 10:01 AM
Sadly, I don't listen to anything except Disney music.

Shuffling around my collection as we speak, and it's about 10,000 songs, a little over 100 gigs... I'm sure there's some duplication though...

Michigander
03-31-2009, 10:09 AM
so what sites do you download from?

castlelady36
03-31-2009, 10:17 AM
all the time.... :mickey:

vicster
03-31-2009, 10:22 AM
My ring tone on my cell phone is the Mickey Mouse March.

IloveDisney71
03-31-2009, 10:24 AM
I listen to Disney music daily even when I'm not waiting for a vacation. I teach kindergarten so I keep some type of music playing in the "background" all day. One of my favorites is Jim Brickman's- The Disney Songbook cd - I'm listening to it right now!

However, when I'm getting ready for a trip, I listen to Disney park music and movie music a lot more. :mickey:

DizneyRox
03-31-2009, 10:44 AM
so what sites do you download from?
You'll have to use Google... As mentioned on other threads, I don't use Limewire, Napster, or others like that. I also don't use iTunes, there's really not much there.

Dragongirlx
03-31-2009, 11:18 AM
I bought the four parks one world CD and put in on my computer so I could put it on my MP3 player and phone. I then put the CD in the car so I am never without disney sounds.
Nothing like singing along to splash mountain at teh top of your lungs when ever you have to drive anywhere :mickey:

J.C.&ALI'SMOM
03-31-2009, 12:02 PM
I listen to it all the time!! I especially love my Polynesian area music, Frontierland area loop, MK entrance loop, Main St. USA loop, Sunshine Seasons loop, etc. I could go on and on :mickey:

sleepingbooty
03-31-2009, 04:29 PM
Somebody PLEASE tell me where you are getting this stuff? I have never been able to find the background area music or entrance loops for download - and I have searched! Is it really out there, on a reputable site? I hesitate to use a file sharing site like Napster or Limewire, anytime I have in the past, I end up with a bunch of spyware, malware, or worse. PM me if you don't want to mention the site on the thread. :)

joanna71985
03-31-2009, 04:36 PM
I love my Disney music! I listen to them all the time.

DizneyRox
03-31-2009, 04:59 PM
Is it really out there ... ?
Yes...

I hesitate to use a file sharing site like Napster or Limewire, anytime I have in the past, I end up with a bunch of spyware, malware, or worse.
One reason why I don't use them either, not to mention what is out there is garbage for the most part.

If you're not up for filesharing, then chances are you're not going to find it. There are a number of different Peer to Peer (P2P). Applications like Limewire and Napster made it easy for the computer novice to "play", but at the same time made them easy prey for those hocking malware. Playing the law of averages, they are also heavily monitored for copyright violations.

Lots have moved on to other technologies, most of them are not as simple to use and lose a lot of people quickly. Which is fine...

pdrlkr
03-31-2009, 05:27 PM
I have nearly 4 gigs of Disney music & sounds from the parks on my iPod. :mickey:

Kenny1113
03-31-2009, 07:17 PM
Somebody PLEASE tell me where you are getting this stuff? I have never been able to find the background area music or entrance loops for download - and I have searched! Is it really out there, on a reputable site? I hesitate to use a file sharing site like Napster or Limewire, anytime I have in the past, I end up with a bunch of spyware, malware, or worse. PM me if you don't want to mention the site on the thread. :)

Yes! I woulld love to find out as well. I used one to download SM tunnel music for DS7. I forgot what site it was and now I can't find it.

Dulcee
03-31-2009, 09:22 PM
I just googled WDW music or sounds and found a website with some stuff including spaceship earth spiels, monorail spiels and some other stuff..

brownie
03-31-2009, 09:41 PM
I haven't listened to sounds, but I do enjoy listening to the official albums and music from the parks.

DizneyRox
04-01-2009, 02:31 AM
I just googled WDW music or sounds and found a website with some stuff including spaceship earth spiels, monorail spiels and some other stuff..
Warmer... :D

sleepingbooty
04-01-2009, 07:34 PM
When I have googled, say.. Epcot entrance loop, or some such term, most of the sites that come up are not sites where you can download anything. One site I did find has lots of stuff to download, but it seems sooo complicated - all about 'torrents', and 'bits' and 'clients' and other things that I've never heard of. I don't really understand it, and I'm worried I'm going to be opening up my computer to all kinds of problems. I wish I could find a place to just buy the stuff!

DizneyRox
04-01-2009, 07:58 PM
One site I did find has lots of stuff to download, but it seems sooo complicated - all about 'torrents', and 'bits' and 'clients' and other things that I've never heard of. I don't really understand it, and I'm worried I'm going to be opening up my computer to all kinds of problems.
You're standing on the sun! :D

Sounds like you found what you're looking for. Now, you have two choices. The red pill or the blue pill...

While I cannot guarantee anything, you do have a much smaller risk then you do with those other programs you mentioned. If you found what I think you found, the folks there seem to be pretty upstanding citizens of the world. Your talking to someone who sorotf knows their way around the Internet however. It's my job... One thing we have long figured out in Information Services, you can't protect people from themselves.

I wish I could find a place to just buy the stuff!
You're not alone, but Disney seems to not think there's a big enough market. Until they do, the Internet is your friend.

Chernabog1326
04-07-2009, 08:11 PM
Yes! I woulld love to find out as well. I used one to download SM tunnel music for DS7. I forgot what site it was and now I can't find it.

Log on to a site called "imeem". Put Disney World in the search box and you will find tons of ride audio and background music. It doesn't let you download the music on to your computer, but I have found a way around that. I downloaded a free trial version of a program called Wave pad. It doesn't have all the features of the full program, but I have been using it for about four years now with no problems. You have to hit the record button on Wave pad, then hit play on imeem, which records the audio into wave pad program. Then hit "save file" when the box opens to ask where to save it to, send it where you keep all your other music, but before you do click on "file type" and change to mp3. This program will convert audio files to the mp3 format, which is what most mp3 players use.

p.s. I have a playlist that contains the SM Startunnel track, Soarin, EPCOT's Innoventions loop, and some others.

Good luck