PDA

View Full Version : Should we bring our own life-jacket for our 3 year old?

disneydreamer1970
03-31-2009, 09:13 AM
Good morning! We are going to POP in June with our 2(turning 3 on the trip) year old son, and I'm wondering if I should pack his life jacket. We will definitely be poolside for a bit and will also be visiting Typhoon Lagoon.

I would love to hear any advice!

Thank you!!

Trish

FaithTrustPixieDust
03-31-2009, 09:41 AM
We have always seen life jackets available for use at Disney resort pools, including All Star Movies, which is also a value.

I would be very surprised if they are not available at POP and TL. At All Star Movies, they were in giant bins right by the pool. They were in a variety of sizes, and we had no trouble finding one that fit our skinny little 3 year old.

DANAM
03-31-2009, 10:57 AM
I remember these bins at the Music but I don't remember seeing bins of them at the POP. But I did see a lot of kids wearing the life jackets.

Sorry, I can't remember if they where at TL or not. I would call Disney and ask before a packed it with me. The one's available are very nice and comfortable.

WDWfeelslikehome
03-31-2009, 12:25 PM
I think it depends on the size and comfort level of your little one. My DS3 used one of the loaners last summer, it didn't quite fit right, he wasn't comfortable with it swimming, so the pool time went out the window that trip, and it was in July. This past Feb we made sure to bring his from home, he swam all the time. Of course it was winter, so being from the north, many days we were the only ones in the pool. We will always bring his from here on out.

#1donaldfan
03-31-2009, 12:44 PM
....when our kids used them we took our own....just felt better that way.....:mickey:

disneydreamer1970
03-31-2009, 01:50 PM
Thank you for all of your helpful replies. I think that I am just going to take his with us. It is pretty flat and should not take up much room in the suitcase....or I may even put it in our carry-on.

Have a great day!!

Trish